Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   2236 views

Description

Hey everyone, now that I made a Fortitude and Faith for my bowazon, I figured they’d be equally good with a throw barb. I played through my current barb as a thrower until I made a Grief and respec’d. it was really fun, and I think now I’m going to revisit it.

One thing always bugged me, the new Wisdom
Helm
. I’ve never been able to find a +3
Throwing Mastery
barb
Helm
base for it, has anyone? And is it as good or better than arreats face? I don’t want to farm normal cows for hours if it’s not worth it. (I probably will anyways just to try it)

Also for weapons I haven’t found a
Lacerator
Eth
or otherwise, but I do have an
Eth
Gimmershred
. I’ve also noticed throwing weapons can spawn with a chance to prod amp damage in rares! So I think imma try to find a rare one with 250 Ed or greater with some IAS and anything else I can get.

Other gear will probably be standard. And the merc will likely be manic pixie Dream girl with the Faith, any other recommendations?

Thanks for all input as always!

Oh yea I’m ssf offline, I get lots of great offers of gear, but unfortunately I can’t take them...
Description by Nate

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 535

Switch
Hey everyone, now that I made a Fortitude and Faith for my bowazon, I figured they’d be equally good with a throw barb. I played through my current barb as a thrower until I made a Grief and respec’d. it was really fun, and I think now I’m going to revisit it.

One thing always bugged me, the new Wisdom
Helm
. I’ve never been able to find a +3
Throwing Mastery
barb
Helm
base for it, has anyone? And is it as good or better than arreats face? I don’t want to farm normal cows for hours if it’s not worth it. (I probably will anyways just to try it)

Also for weapons I haven’t found a
Lacerator
Eth
or otherwise, but I do have an
Eth
Gimmershred
. I’ve also noticed throwing weapons can spawn with a chance to prod amp damage in rares! So I think imma try to find a rare one with 250 Ed or greater with some IAS and anything else I can get.

Other gear will probably be standard. And the merc will likely be manic pixie Dream girl with the Faith, any other recommendations?

Thanks for all input as always!

Oh yea I’m ssf offline, I get lots of great offers of gear, but unfortunately I can’t take them...
I've been playing through as a throw barb myself and I've found
Lacerator
to be a bit irritating with the hit causes monster to flee mod. Currently using dual
Gimmershred
but also have two
Warshrike
which I switch to at lvl 75. None of these are
Eth
unfortunately, but he still does pretty well and it's a silly build, which I enjoy.

As for
Helm
, I'm just using Arreat's for now. Not tried Wisdom as I'm not doing much ladder but the best base I found was a +2
Battle Orders
, +2
Find Item
with 3OS in a
Carnage Helm
. Not perfect of course but it would be pretty good, only I absolutely hate the look of those things... Not as much as a
Horned Helm
, but nearly. Poor sad barbs and their stupid headgear.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
OP

Nate 535

Switch
Yea the perfect base would be a +3
Throwing Mastery
, +3bo, and +3
Find Item
, but if I find a +3
Throwing Mastery
I think I’ll be happy with that. The addition of ar, peiricing attack, mana leach and cbf really is a good offering. Now I can look at different ring options other than
Raven Frost
OP

Nate 535

Switch
Urge, these barb
Helm
are tough to find, I managed to get a +3
Throwing Mastery
Helm
. ... with 2os

Wa wa

At least I could make a Lore to use early on

louner 197

Europe PC
In general I think I would look for some 2 open sockets helmet with Visionary mod for that attack rating.

I think the best in slot helmet for throw barb would be
Blood Helm
with 2os, visionary mod, +2 to barb combat skills and 2 ias/ed jewels.

It's just a theory, such helmet would be extremely rare. But still, maybe it is some kind of a in-game challenge to get one. :P More realistic would be getting any 2os helmet with Visionary mod and 2x ias/ed jewel.

Why not
Arreat's Face
?
You have +2 to Barb Skill, +2 Combat and many useful bonus ?

Relax and have fun!
OP

Nate 535

Switch
Yea I was just wondering if the piercing attack and cbf and mana leach would contend with it. I can’t find anyone who has made the Wisdom barb
Helm
, so I’m interested to try it out and see how it does

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation