diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
97 replies   8851 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
I think because everything’s magic resistance is so much lower than everything else, same way Bone Speer, holy hammer and
Berserk
are so effective. The displayed damage is less than what monster really take
That the opposite, that every other monsters' resistances that can be so high. And Magic damage that doesn't get any mitigation (very few exceptions).
Therefore, the magic dealing skills deals there displayed damage while others skills deal far less (except for those physical that crushing blows, and, in a lesser measure critical/deadly strikes).
Man, I maxed out
Magic Arrow
, it’s awesome! It’s not only great at physical immunes, but is also the highest single target damage attack in my arsenal
The reason I didn't put points into
Magic Arrow
is
Magic Arrow
converts damage with only a little buff, whereas with the new buffs the zon got to guided and multi (as well as
Strafe
) she gets a damage bonus with GA. My GA is sitting at +436% damage. For example, my regular shot (no skill), is 1376-6055, and my
Magic Arrow
is 1386-6065. Whereas my
Guided Arrow
is 1737-7829.

As for the Valk, according to D2 wiki, her best gear comes in at level 27, but I had always heard the gear caps at 20? Anyone confirm anything?
https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Valkyrie

Hmm, I've also just stumbled upon a possible massive failure of mine. I never respeced after I picked up my Faith and she still has 20 points into
Penetrate
. Since I have Faith I only need to worry about the level aspect of the "to hit" calculation for multi shot. And since I'm level 90 I don't really need to worry about that. HOWEVER, if they do bring in
Terror
zones to non ladder then the monsters would be at or above my level, bringing the level back into the equation. I shall have to wait and see before I eat my token.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
OP

Nate 538

Switch
Yea from what I can see points past level 27 into
Valkyrie
just make her tankier, so for my respec I’m only going to do the bare min to get that with everything else. Apparently there was a program that allowed you to see her gear, but I’m on console, and I don’t mess with the programs.

Also I wasn’t going to add much into “
Penetrate
”, likely just 1 and done, I feel like I get lots of attack rating from skills, Faith and my maxed out dex.

Also, would you guys recommend I put minimum points into strength the wear gear and everything else into dex? I was going that way but when I got to the
Chaos Sanctuary
and worldstone keep i died enough times that I didn’t feel safe until I either maxed out my res’s and or put about 100 points into life... what do you think?
I dumped everything into vitality.
Base Effective
Strength 55 131
Dex 105 155
Vit 360 299
Energy 15 61
Health: 1564
Mana: 230

I used a few charm spaces for resistance charms to bring me to this in hell:
Fire: 75%
Cold: 69%
Light: 79%
Poison: 25%

I have 11% life leech, 5% mana stolen, and I keep a
Life Tap
Wand
on switch for bosses. With the life leech if I start running low on health I just shoot more and my health comes back.

mhlg 855

Americas PC
Yea from what I can see points past level 27 into
Valkyrie
just make her tankier, so for my respec I’m only going to do the bare min to get that with everything else. Apparently there was a program that allowed you to see her gear, but I’m on console, and I don’t mess with the programs.

Also I wasn’t going to add much into “
Penetrate
”, likely just 1 and done, I feel like I get lots of attack rating from skills, Faith and my maxed out dex.

Also, would you guys recommend I put minimum points into strength the wear gear and everything else into dex? I was going that way but when I got to the
Chaos Sanctuary
and worldstone keep i died enough times that I didn’t feel safe until I either maxed out my res’s and or put about 100 points into life... what do you think?

My Valk is at level 31 with plus to skills stuff, and tankier is the point. She can tank everything in Hell level and that takes a load off of my merc. As for dex, you will reach a point where your chance to hit everything is at 95%, and that's as good as it gets, especially since your stuff will raise your attack rating. So put everything you can into dex until you reach the point where it will make no difference. The rest put into vitality. I chose
Strafe
because of leech. It has the best leech of all zon skills and probably the best in the game. I regularly run the
Chaos Sanctuary
, and
Baal
without using a single potion.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP

Nate 538

Switch
Cool, how does that effect your damage and clear speed though? I’m primarily looking for just cows and
Chaos Sanctuary
I think, so I may be ok with less res. I think if your primary attack is over 2k it’s fine for players 1, but I was hoping to keep decent clear speed up to at least players 3
OP

Nate 538

Switch
But adding points into dex increases your bow damage! Or does it not? I thought it did

I’ve seen vids of people having nothing into vit and getting crazy high damage, 1 shoting everything keeps them from hitting you pretty well
I only do CS and WSK with her really, the odd time I do cows when I'm bored. I just keep running until I have a decent group herded then multi shot for 5 seconds or so then keep moving. Sometimes if I know there's a group ahead I'll just sit back and fan out off screen and watch my mana steal swirl above my head then keep going.

Add me to bnet and we can play sometime. I'll show off the Beast that is the bowazon haha

I saw you posted while I was typing this:
Yes more dex does add more damage. I've never felt the need for the dex bonus. Nothing against that, but life is always good, especially against undead who do not contribute to life steal. With my life I'm usually at half health or a bit less after a group of lightning gloams. And let's not forget about the little buggers that explode when killed!

mhlg 855

Americas PC
Cool, how does that effect your damage and clear speed though? I’m primarily looking for just cows and
Chaos Sanctuary
I think, so I may be ok with less res. I think if your primary attack is over 2k it’s fine for players 1, but I was hoping to keep decent clear speed up to at least players 3

I clear Chaos and cows in a matter of minutes. Running
Nihlathak
for keys is a breeze and is over in minutes, and much quicker than my Uber smiter. When you level
Strafe
, you will need to put points in multi arrow for synergy, so you will still level multi arrow to its point of diminishing returns. The problem with multi arrow is that the more points you put in to it the more mana it uses but its damage doesn't increase that much. With
Strafe
your life and mana are always up because you're leeching both at a rate faster than you need.

mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
When you level
Strafe
, you will need to put points in multi arrow for synergy, so you will still level multi arrow to its point of diminishing returns. The problem with multi arrow is that the more points you put in to it the more mana it uses but its damage doesn't increase that much. With
Strafe
your life and mana are always up because you're leeching both at a rate faster than you need.
You'll want to max multi even though it's only hurting your multi mana cost,
Strafe
gets+5% per multi point. Also
Guided Arrow
gets +10% per multi, but that's only if you use it. Just a tip

mhlg 855

Americas PC
davme_mcreg wrote: 1 year ago
mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
When you level
Strafe
Strafe
You'll want to max multi even though it's only hurting your multi mana cost,
Strafe
gets+5% per multi point. Also
Guided Arrow
gets +10% per multi, but that's only if you use it. Just a tip
True multi does increase
Strafe
(synergy) and you will eventually want to max it, but you should max
Strafe
first because it suffers no mana issues and with the right stuff it keeps you alive. I've seen a couple of guides on
Strafe
builds that warn about how frail the build is. That's only partially true, because with enough leech you can actually tank the Trav council, and zip through Worldstone Keep, but you have to have the stuff to make it work because the build is expensive. I have a perfect GMB Faith, Shaeled
Windforce
, Fortitude for armor,
Andariel
's socketed with 15ias 15 max damage jewel, 28% Mara's,
Laying of Hands
Nosferatu's Coil
, Natalyias
Boots
, dual leech ring,
Raven Frost
ring, and too man charms to mention. It is an expensive build.

Oh for sure, 100% agree that you do
Strafe
first. It just sounded like you were saying to not max out multi because it didn't improve the multi skill.

And oh buddy is she expensive. All of my unid annis have been sold just to gear her. I thought my sorc was expensive, but 1
Ber
and a hoto were nothing compared to her lol.

And yes, there is something quite enjoyable about tanking trav, except that the merc keeps dieing :(

mhlg 855

Americas PC
Oh for sure, 100% agree that you do
Strafe
first. It just sounded like you were saying to not max out multi because it didn't improve the multi skill.

And oh buddy is she expensive. All of my unid annis have been sold just to gear her. I thought my sorc was expensive, but 1
Ber
and a hoto were nothing compared to her lol.

And yes, there is something quite enjoyable about tanking trav, except that the merc keeps dieing :(
When you get to the entrance of Durance, just run inside and your merc will follow. If he looks like he's going, go through the door to Durance lvl 1. What stuff does your merc have? My merc rarely dies in trav.

Treachery, Pride, and vamp gaze. Still deciding on giving him a fort or making a Grief for my smiter. It really doesn't bother me that he dies, I rarely do trav runs nowadays, just a little nuisance.

As for the Valk, according to D2 wiki, her best gear comes in at level 27, but I had always heard the gear caps at 20? Anyone confirm anything?
https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Valkyrie

Hmm, I've also just stumbled upon a possible massive failure of mine. I never respeced after I picked up my Faith and she still has 20 points into
Penetrate
. Since I have Faith I only need to worry about the level aspect of the "to hit" calculation for multi shot. And since I'm level 90 I don't really need to worry about that. HOWEVER, if they do bring in
Terror
zones to non ladder then the monsters would be at or above my level, bringing the level back into the equation. I shall have to wait and see before I eat my token.
Thanks to everyone who posted info in this thread. I'm still working on improving my bowazon, and there's loads of good info here.

From what I've read here it sounds like the Valk is pretty great, and I've put no points into that skill tree column with my current spec (Strafezon, and I feel like I may have too many points into Multi), opting for max synergy damage. I'm considering what to try with a respec (for more DEX, too), but that's potentially quite a lot of points into
Valkyrie
(and
Decoy
hard points for +Res), though it sounds like it could be a nice replacement for an A2 Merc rather than just using 1 point into
Decoy
to draw enemy fire. I'm currently using a Might merc (
The Reaper's Toll
helps with physical immunes, but MA sounds quite tempting now too) after switching from an A1 Merc, but would like to switch back to an A1 Merc in the end as long as it makes sense. Guess I will be using a few tokens to figure out what I like best :P I still need to make Fortitude and try it out before doing so.

The linked site mentions randomly having immunities but no specifics about if that's only on Hell difficulty or how to tell if or which she has. Is there a way to view those in-game similar to how you can view stats & res on a Merc? This was a bit confusing...how would one know if she has immunities (or what the properties of any of the rare gear she's using at higher levels are, for that matter)?
Sometimes Valkyries may (randomly) have immunities on higher difficulties. They can be re-summoned until the desired immunities are obtained.
This was also particularly interesting:
The Valkyries' resistances are equal to twice their level, to a max of 85. For example, a level 10
Valkyrie
will have +20 to all Resistances. Valkyries also get a hidden synergy bonus from
Decoy
, in which every physical point in
Decoy
will add +2 to all Resistances. The whole formula comes out as: 2x(
Valkyrie
level + Base
Decoy
Level)

I found something else interesting about the Valk armor color, apparently being based upon the armor affixes. I'm not sure if the coloring is all the same in D2R vs LoD, however.
The
Valkyrie
appears in different colors based on what bonuses are found on her Armor. This works exactly the same way as it does on player characters. The following table lists some common affixes on the
Valkyrie
armor, and the associated color.
source:
The Tankazon Resource (archive)
Armor Color Possible Affixes
Rust (orange) Attacker Takes Damage Of 4-6
Red +31-40 Life
Dark Red Poison Length Reduced by 75%
Blue 3-5% Chance To Cast
Nova
/ 3-5% Chance To Cast
Frost Nova
/ +31-40 Mana
Dark Gold 24% Faster Hit Recovery
Pale Gold 66-80% Enhanced Defense
Light Gold +1-2 Light Radius (Saintly)
Gray +xxx Defense Based On Character Level

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8
All true, you can take a look here if there's any new info for you:

https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/ ... Diablo_II)

I wouldn't worry about putting points into
Decoy
for her, she's pretty good just on her own. Focus first on maxing
Strafe
, then
Guided Arrow
, then multi-shot.

As for
Critical Strike
and
Pierce
, I put enough points until I was no longer seeing a % gain for each skill point. I then maxed valk. That being said, I don't run
Strafe
so I have more points free to use. Just started throwing them into
Strafe
tonight to play around with it.

Just a little update guys. I did a few runs with
Gore Rider
instead of
War Traveler
. I didn't really notice a difference on the regular mobs, maybe a touch slower on them, but diablo died a lot faster than normal. I didn't seem to see much difference in the kill speed of
Baal
though, which was weird.

The crushing blow defiantly made a difference on the bosses.

Yeah, Crushing Blow definitely makes a big difference on bosses. Soloing
Baal
as a bowazon was night and day with
Guillaume's Face
. Combined with
Atma's Scarab
, the combo really cuts down
Baal
-killing times to something that feels reasonable instead of being a tedious chore like it usually is on physical damage characters.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
Turning this into a bit of a general bowa topic but I recently found a
Cham
rune, has anyone tried Mist on an A1 merc? Mine is currently using Harmony, which is nice for
Vigor
, but I have a 5os +3 GMB so maybe Mist is worth a go. I hesitate because maybe the
Cham
will be worth more once the season ends and others want to try Mist, currently don't think it's worth selling

Oh, and I don't have the runes to make Pride but if that's much better then I could hold on to the
Cham
, of course. It will be a while before I have a spare
Sur
and
Lo
though, other runewords being a higher priority!

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Necrarch 1615Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
If you're non ladder you have to wait for ladder's end for Mist, it's (for a little more time) a ladder only RW.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...