Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   1373 views

Description

a week or so ago i got the "
Terror
spreads across Sanctuary" message
so i switched characters and waited....and waited.....and nothing...

can someone clue me in?

Can be used to make Runewords:

a week or so ago i got the "
Terror
spreads across Sanctuary" message
so i switched characters and waited....and waited.....and nothing...

can someone clue me in?
The message "Diablo has invaded Sanctuary" was while you were switching characters.
There was no character in your game at that moment so there was no DClone in your game.

Relax and have fun!
Did you see the tracker reset to "
Terror
Gazes Upon Sanctuary?" Or did you check it after the waiting had gone on a while?

It's possible that you missed the clone while you were changing characters. They've been moving really fast these days.

Or maybe that walk was really slow? Without knowing which walk it was, it's hard to say what the timing was.

There's also a bug where the chat /uberdiablo command can lie to you and give old information erroneously, and that could be involved too.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST

Schnorki 3277Moderator

PC
A few options here, based on that screenshot/description alone.

From what I gather (correct me if I'm wrong), you..
1) were in a game when you got "spreads across"
2) then switched chars and made a new game
3) then got "about to be unleashed" (?)
4) didn't get anything after that until you gave up and left (?)

3 and 4 I'm kind of guessing on here, seeing how you mentioned leaving after spreads but your screen is showing about to be unleashed.

Seems to me that you saw the move from 3 to 4 in-game, switched and then saw 4 to 5 in-game after that. So so far, nothing unusual or unexpected. The only oddity would then be that you didn't see it actually hit 6 afterwards.

The questions at that point are then..
1) how long did you wait for it to hit 6? - most of the time, 5 to 6 was fairly quick. There have been some (very few) walks recently though where 5 to 6 did take unusually long as the host prepped to 5 quite a bit ahead of the target walk time. You may have simply given up too soon.

2) before you left, did you check whatever location you would use to spawn dclone? - there are some known bugs with the dclone command and related outputs, one of which results in you not seeing any progress in your game anymore, despite it happening. in that case, it may have hit 6, you just never got the message. Dclone would still have spawned in your game but if you didn't check before leaving, you wouldn't know and you just left him there.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
OP
i switched after noticing the "unleashed" message.
the message was still there after switching.
waited half an hour, took a screen shot, killed eldritch and
The Countess
i guess he spawned while i was in menu but the chat log was still there...

neway thnx for the info

Schnorki 3277Moderator

PC
Yeah, if you switched after unleashed, you probably shouldn't have switched and missed the spawn while you were busy making your new game. The message from the previous game stays in your log so you'd still see that. Had you used /uberdiablo at that point, you probably would've seen it back at 'gazes'.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.

Necrarch 1740Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
If you're at 5/6 better not to switch as a general rule.
If I remember well you can re-enter your own game after spawning Dclone (e.g. at Eldritch) (just note down your game now / pass and be sure not to recreate a New game)... or simply ask for help in the dedicated thread.

Btw, were you in hell ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...