Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   3025 views

Description

Hey all you offline folks, ever noticed armour & weapon racks tend to drop the same family of items?

I was doing some LK runs and noticed an armour rack dropped scarab husks 8/10 times average over an hours worth of runs.

I’m currently on the lookout for a Faith base and am thinking I’m going to roll a map, check all the weapon racks in
The Countess
tower, LK and other places to see if a mat or GM bow drops. I’ll re load and see if it drops again, if it does I’m going to just farm that weapon rack. If not I’ll re-roll my maps and try them again.

Anyone noticed this before or done something similar?

I’m sure it won’t work online though, sorry for all you bnet guys!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 534

Switch
Hey all you offline folks, ever noticed armour & weapon racks tend to drop the same family of items?

I was doing some LK runs and noticed an armour rack dropped scarab husks 8/10 times average over an hours worth of runs.

I’m currently on the lookout for a Faith base and am thinking I’m going to roll a map, check all the weapon racks in
The Countess
tower, LK and other places to see if a mat or GM bow drops. I’ll re load and see if it drops again, if it does I’m going to just farm that weapon rack. If not I’ll re-roll my maps and try them again.

Anyone noticed this before or done something similar?

I’m sure it won’t work online though, sorry for all you bnet guys!

louner 197

Europe PC
Maybe it has something to do with a map seed?

louner wrote: 1 year ago
Maybe it has something to do with a map seed?

thats absolutely what it is

OP

Nate 534

Switch
Huh, interesting. I’m on console so I don’t have the ability to use the seed command. but when I was noticing the same drops, it was from the first thing I opened, and I was trying to be very efficient with my runs, so There probably wasn’t very much differences between actions of those runs.

If I understand it correctly each “game” in d2r has a code seed to kick off the rng & procedurally generated layouts. If you keep the same map as we do offline your keeping the same seed. But because everything is procedurally generated even with the same seed if you do tiny things differently you end up with everything else being different (less the maps) - Because the game rng goes to like 15 decimal places.

I’m going to do a bit of testing!
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
I’m currently on the lookout for a Faith base
I'm looking for the same thing currently. The monsters in the
Slinger
Corrupt Rogue Archer
, and
Skeleton Archer
families definitely have a significantly higher chance of dropping bows. I got a total of 3 MB / GMB drops yesterday, but none were "the one" (rolled 3 sockets on a +3 MB...doh!) - all from those ranged mob types in
Bloody Foothills
and
Frigid Highlands
Tamoe Highland
and The Pits are another good spot but I've had to vary it up to retain my sanity in this bow quest, plus there are more monsters in the Act 5 areas and the lanscape is more interesting to help with the monotony, IMO. I think I now know every single type of bow in the game :P

Just wanted to point those areas out if you wanted to vary your farming. You can also get higher rune drops from trash mobs in Act 5 :)

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8
OP

Nate 534

Switch
Yea the grind is real,

Yea act 1 has the best odds for Amazon bows, the best area for chance to drop would be the jail, levels 1-3. The worst things there still have a 1/5k chance to drop and the archers are 1/2k, so I spend lots of time there. Any “archer” in act 1 has a 1/2k chance to drop (p8, negligible mf), so I cruise around act 1 just murdering everything, even zombies and those carvers have decent odds. Another good spot are the sewers.

I also like act 1 because the monster are much weaker than act 5, I did a run in the frozen highlands and chugged all my pots after half the map... bit of a yikes. There were lots of archers though!

Another option is
Nihlathak
’s temple in nightmare. The stuff there has just slightly better odds to drop a
Matriarchal Bow
than they do in hell, plus you can just whizzz right through them and not worry about picking up anything else.

But yea, every one of the. eventually gets boring

Cows I think were 1/9k.

Hope you find yours soon!

I have a 10ed 4os
Great Bow
and a 4os +2skill mat bow I might just roll the Faith in one if I get too bored. That would be the way to ensure the next drop is the one you want!

ShadowHeart 1740Moderator

Europe PC
Cows may be 1/9k but the sheer number and density of cows still makes them one of the best places to find (most) types of base items, I think. There are just so many of them.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP

Nate 534

Switch
Yea I think the working average is 300 cows per game.

I counted all the monsters in the jail, and each level had ~50, so a full clear of the jail had about half a cow run, but there were more chests. I guess which is better would depend on your character.

I also did some testing for weapon racks in LK, and after 4-5 runs the weapons racks would reveal their item tendency, but so far it’s just been swords, daggers, polearms and spears. Never saw one drop a bow...

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
Yea I think the working average is 300 cows per game.

I counted all the monsters in the jail, and each level had ~50, so a full clear of the jail had about half a cow run, but there were more chests. I guess which is better would depend on your character.

I also did some testing for weapon racks in LK, and after 4-5 runs the weapons racks would reveal their item tendency, but so far it’s just been swords, daggers, polearms and spears. Never saw one drop a bow...
Is it 300?
Always wondered how many cows are in a game though 300 feels low.

Anywho, if it is..unrelated side note..98 to 99 = ~2000
Terror
cow runs on p1 at current implementation. :)

Bisu 369

PC
I'm curious as to how to find out the seed that a game was using -- offline game ofc
same thing happened to me running LK offline, but it was
Wire Fleece
. every couple runs i'd get one, sometimes socketed, sometimes
Eth
...i got basically every base my offline characers will ever need after a couple afternoons of running LK.
OP

Nate 534

Switch
So I did a couple hundred runs, using maybe 10 different seeds. I believe armour/weapon racks list items in priority that drop from them. The highest priority drops like 50-75% of the time (with variations in
Eth
, sockets, superiority, etc), and next item in the drop table I s probably 30%, then the next like 10%, and so on all the way down for every item following a distribution function.

So when you roll a new map you’re also rerolling the drop table for each rack.

Unfortunately I don’t think this is a viable TARGET farming method, there’s just too many ‘useless’ bases that could roll as the highest priority (how many people want an Ethereal, superior, socketed
Small Crescent
after 50 runs?).

But if you got a $H!+ ton of runes already, running LK for 5 runs in the same map to see what the priority drops are, then cycle again until you get something interesting could give you some options.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation