Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
98 replies   23748 views

I think I'm ready for my first Uber run? Or get my butt handed back to me.

No data yet

Description

Description by mhlg

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks ! Will be a party of 3 (with two former colleagues), a sorc, a necro (me) and a pally (fortunately, but an avenger, not a smiter - good news is he has higher
Conviction
than Meph).
Just in case you're not aware:
Unless things have changed from way back and from when I last tested this, his
Conviction
won't help protect you. The aura rule is character based. I.e. any one character/unit may only be affected by one aura of the same type, regardless of that aura being friendly or hostile, and the highest level wins.

Your pally will have 2 convictions applicable to him. His own when active and meph's. Since his is higher, he will be safe.
Mephisto
will also have 2 convictions applicable to him. His own and your pally's. Since your pally's aura is higher, meph gets hit and has his res/def reduced. This cancels (or in this case applies) the effect on himself but it does NOT disable meph's own aura radiating outward.
You and the sorc will hence still have meph's aura applicable to you and since your pally's aura won't be applicable to you as it only hits his hostiles, you will take the full hit from meph's aura. The same is true for all of your mercenaries.

Additionally, even your pally is only safe if he has his
Conviction
up before getting into range of meph's. Or if he hits his aura hotkey again afterwards, oddly enough. Random bugs/intricacies and whatnot...plenty a pally has gotten himself surprise-nuked after switching to a
Life Tap
Wand
and back, only to find that switching back to his
Conviction
weapon set didn't actually protect him as it happened in-range.

Personally, I always have 1 point in
Salvation
on a smiter build for exactly that situation. Add a bit of +skill gear and 1 hard point is enough to cancel out most of meph's
Conviction
. Not quite all..but most. And that will work on the pally, on party members and on all of your mercenaries, allowing even those to survive uber runs without having to bother with silly stuff like Treachery pre-proccing and whatnot.
wouldn't it actually be better to go max
Salvation
for ubers and play the rest of the game with a few points + gear in
Conviction
? your higher
Conviction
wouldn't protect you (which I didn't know as I thought umephi's aura got canceled because mine overwrites his) and use
Salvation
instead to protect yourself and the party?
for the rest of the game
Conviction
is not as necessary, at least not for a tesladin. even if you have lightning immunes you
Bash
them in seconds. so this would mainly be relevant for ubers.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
As mentioned, the Pally buddy is an avenger (i.e.
Vengeance
build) so goes nicely with a high
Conviction
aura on most of the game. Not a classical build but works well, and melts
Diablo Clone
quickly for example (with GFace and Gore Riders and Dracul's)

Both sorc and myself (necro) are maxed res-ed for hell (I think sorc is 175% all, I am at around 200% all on myself).

Don't remember how much Pal has in + skills (at least 3 of torch and 1 of Anni + Highlord + 2 Spirit) he'll add at least 90-ish all but poison res, so if we have 210 light res through swappable stuff (on my side I'll just swap
Boneshade
for HotO) we are safe to über Meph with his 1-point
Salvation

To sum up : if he doesn't forget to put his
Salvation
on and the sorc some light res charms, we should be quite ok.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Crispin wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks ! Will be a party of 3 (with two former colleagues), a sorc, a necro (me) and a pally (fortunately, but an avenger, not a smiter - good news is he has higher
Conviction
than Meph).
Just in case you're not aware:
Unless things have changed from way back and from when I last tested this, his
Conviction
won't help protect you. The aura rule is character based. I.e. any one character/unit may only be affected by one aura of the same type, regardless of that aura being friendly or hostile, and the highest level wins.

Your pally will have 2 convictions applicable to him. His own when active and meph's. Since his is higher, he will be safe.
Mephisto
will also have 2 convictions applicable to him. His own and your pally's. Since your pally's aura is higher, meph gets hit and has his res/def reduced. This cancels (or in this case applies) the effect on himself but it does NOT disable meph's own aura radiating outward.
You and the sorc will hence still have meph's aura applicable to you and since your pally's aura won't be applicable to you as it only hits his hostiles, you will take the full hit from meph's aura. The same is true for all of your mercenaries.

Additionally, even your pally is only safe if he has his
Conviction
up before getting into range of meph's. Or if he hits his aura hotkey again afterwards, oddly enough. Random bugs/intricacies and whatnot...plenty a pally has gotten himself surprise-nuked after switching to a
Life Tap
Wand
and back, only to find that switching back to his
Conviction
weapon set didn't actually protect him as it happened in-range.

Personally, I always have 1 point in
Salvation
on a smiter build for exactly that situation. Add a bit of +skill gear and 1 hard point is enough to cancel out most of meph's
Conviction
. Not quite all..but most. And that will work on the pally, on party members and on all of your mercenaries, allowing even those to survive uber runs without having to bother with silly stuff like Treachery pre-proccing and whatnot.
wouldn't it actually be better to go max
Salvation
for ubers and play the rest of the game with a few points + gear in
Conviction
? your higher
Conviction
wouldn't protect you (which I didn't know as I thought umephi's aura got canceled because mine overwrites his) and use
Salvation
instead to protect yourself and the party?
for the rest of the game
Conviction
is not as necessary, at least not for a tesladin. even if you have lightning immunes you
Bash
them in seconds. so this would mainly be relevant for ubers.
Salvation
is hardly worth more than a single point. It drops off (hard!) at higher levels, offering very little reward for extra hard points beyond what you get with the 1 + gear already.

Plus 20 points for something that you'll realistically only ever use against one single mob..seems overkill. ;)
Just have dracs or Exile and keep
Conviction
up going in on meph. I've never had a problem face tanking him with a pot or two waiting for proc, but I run TGods too so before proc I'm still fine. I've found lifetap
Wand
is pretty pointless for smiter.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
FanciestCrab wrote: 1 year ago
Conviction
up going in on meph. I've never had a problem face tanking him with a pot or two waiting for proc, but I run TGods too so before proc I'm still fine. I've found lifetap
Wand
If the Pally buddy was on his own, would have been fine.
But the two idiots on his side, one of them being me, will need
Salvation
(or I can try with Treachery proccing, but annoying to do when also needing Urdars to
Revive
)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
FanciestCrab wrote: 1 year ago
Conviction
Wand
If the Pally buddy was on his own, would have been fine.
But the two idiots on his side, one of them being me, will need
Salvation
(or I can try with Treachery proccing, but annoying to do when also needing Urdars to
Revive
)

The Treachery proccing works really well, and it greatly increases survivability when confronted with Meph. It also lasts for 4 minutes and 48 second which was enough time to completely clear
Tristram
. First I opened the portal to
Tristram
, then I ran outside
Harrogath
to proc, I quickly returned swapped my armor and was in
Tristram
only seconds later. Before doing this I opened a portal in town and practiced the process several times to make certain I could do it in a timely manner.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
I've now done 8 back to back Uber runs with 100% success. The torches so far have been on the low side. So for anyone out there trading 4X3 keys for unidentified torches, I can tell you from experience it's a good deal.

The real issue is, now that I have all these torches, what do I trade them for? Most of them are sorceress and Barbarian. I have a 20-15 sorc torch, so what is its trade value? I've tried the price check tool with no success.

mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
The real issue is, now that I have all these torches, what do I trade them for? Most of them are sorceress and Barbarian. I have a 20-15 sorc torch, so what is its trade value? I've tried the price check tool with no success.
Sorc torches are the most valuable ones (then pal torches). 20-15 storch can worth 2
Lo
, at the end of a ladder everything is going cheaper but now i believe you can easily get a
Lo
for it. From my experience, if sorc torches have 1x value multiplier, then pal torches have 0.8x value, barb and zon torches have 0.4x value and others have 0.1x value

OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
n8mare wrote: 1 year ago
Sorc torches are the most valuable ones (then pal torches). 20-15 storch can worth 2
Lo
, at the end of a ladder everything is going cheaper but now i believe you can easily get a
Lo
for it. From my experience, if sorc torches have 1x value multiplier, then pal torches have 0.8x value, barb and zon torches have 0.4x value and others have 0.1x value

Thanks, I will give it a try and see.

20-15 sorc torch
I would set the starting price at
Sur
and Bin price at
Ber

Relax and have fun!
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
20-15 sorc torch
I would set the starting price at
Sur
and Bin price at
Ber

I priced it at
Ber
and it sold in less than 10 minutes. Thanks again everyone.

OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Thanks in large part to the advice I've received on this forum, I've just completed my 9th successful Uber run.

Schnorki, on this run
Baal
came out first followed by
Mephisto
again. I took great care to try and pull
Mephisto
out first, but
Baal
was in the way. I think they were having tea? The good news is that it doesn't seem to matter since my build seems to be able to take them both on at the same time.

On my last run I got a 15/18 Zon torch which I used to replace my 10/18 torch.

Now I need to trade my torches. I have a 13/16 N torch that I will try to trade later.

Again thanks.

Nechrarch, have you worked out running with your a Necromancer yet? If you need help let me know and I will do my best.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Thanks a lot ! Just got my first Enigma thanks to Manowar, but no Ubers yet, just because we miss time (most likely in about a month!). I am ok also as for my torch (17/17!).

Congrats !

Annihilus
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
I need to get my butt kicked so if you you need a sidekick let me know.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Schnorki, on this run
Baal
Mephisto
again.
Weird. Are you going in between the top 2 buildings? (And not having your merc rush forward ahead of you?)

ShadowHeart 1741Moderator

Europe PC
I'm a bit paranoid with the merc aggroing them all so I'll usually have him killed (if he's not dead already) before heading into
Tristram
, for that exact reason. I like to have him alive normally though, but it's not a big deal to
Revive
him :)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Schnorki, on this run
Baal
Mephisto
again.
Weird. Are you going in between the top 2 buildings? (And not having your merc rush forward ahead of you?)

Yes, and I approached the area where I usually find Meph cautiously. In most of the runs I was able to pull Meph out, but not in 2 of 9 of them. Meph's minions came out first which kept my Merc distracted so he wasn't out ahead of me. Still it really wasn't much of a problem. To make it even more interesting is that Diablo showed up while I was finishing off
Baal

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Odd
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
In one run Meph came out as soon as I came through the portal, so I walked him to the top of the screen and took him out.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Guys, we did it !
Our team of 3 successfully ran Übers yesterday evening... but
Baal
was tough.

We: Meteorb sorc level 83 in full
Tal
set / Avenger pally level 86 with Grief, Spirit, Drac, Gore / Bonenecro (me) with a few summons level 90 with my New Enigma thx to @Manowar.

Mini übers : all went fine.
Lilith
does hit hard and pally started to drink potions but no real issue.

Tristram
: for Meph only Pally puts
Salvation
. We follow the plan, lure Meph on the top left, and one minute later he is gone through Pally's and Urdars'hit. Pally switches back to
Conviction
, my Revives go away and we say OK let's go for the second.

Pally lures
Baal
... and the issues start. We drink potions a lot, Pally and I kill... the Effigy, sorc dies... we have to flee back to
Harrogath

I go back to take bodies with me. That has been painful : no Urdars on Rivers of Flame,
Durance of Hate Level 2
was full of dolls and most Urdars there were Champions. We try again. Kill another
Baal
. Wrong one. Sorc dies again and
Baal
teleports on me every time and sends his blue arrow. We flee again (poor sorc had almost got her body back...). While I flee my Enigma saves me as
Baal
teles just after me but I put him on the full right of
Tristram
before taking back portal.

New attempt, we decide to go for Diablo instead of
Baal
. Well, like a DClone, he dies in a minute. Sorc gets back her body. We leave to refill pots,
Revive
mercs, I go to Palace Cellar to finally go up to 18 Revives (half Urdars and half... whatever was here). I guess most of the hour we spent in
Uber Tristram
was my mates waiting and me looking for bodies ^^

And final go for
Baal
. Sorc dies again, but I manage to telestomp on here, and Pally is next, amp damage and hit hard. Slowly his life goes does but he does not use Vile Effigy this time. Out potions slowly goes down (mainly for my merc). At 5% life remaining he manages to kill my merc (was to slow to give the full rej, damn). We hit, drink, hit, drink... and he finally falls. I am at half life with one full rejuv left, Pally is not much better, so we go back to town leaving some minions left just to be sure. But we did it !

Then, killing last mobs, standards distribution, getting back to normal setup, congratulations... and torch ID. 19/20 Necro. Of course I wear it now, but 8 hours after am still completely amazed by my luck. ;-)

---

- I did not know that you can't use TP scrolls in
Uber Tristram
. Fortunately the big brothers never went too close to Red Portal, with my slow load times would have been a real issue.
- The plan above and its explanation is great, thanks all !
- We went with something like 100 full rejuv potions for us 3. We must have ended with 15-ish left... Wow, what a drink party, that was close ! We have to refill a lot now.
- Poor sorc spent her time getting killed and was rather useless unfortunately. Actually would probably have been easier without her as the 3p setup is I believe harder than 2.
- Revives are nice, but had probably the worst setup (none in RoF, scarce in DoH2) I ever had. I used them for all my DClones before, never took so long.
- We feared Über Meph (and got ready to it, with
Salvation
we were all above 300 light res). We feared
Lilith
. Heard that Über
Baal
and über Diablo were easy, second was no issue, but the real issue was
Baal
. And his damn Effigy that we must have killed at least 4 times overall ! Have we missed something with him ? As soon as we were completely on him though it was better, but if you're a few inches away it's way worse due to the blue arrow especially.

But wow, it was SO FUN !

And I have a crazy TOOOOOOORCH ! (running around the room laughing hysterically like
Baal
)

Annihilus

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...