Description

Description by Phalanx

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
nihilninja wrote: 1 year ago
Sherloc09 wrote: 1 year ago

yeah link that shizzle. Im looking to roll a kicksin after my sorc is finished.
BIS gear choice. Again this one is subjective, as you could opt for other amulet, ring,
Belt
, small charms, etc. I aimed for fire, light and cold absorb since you'll be using Enigma and running lean on resistances. Did a check on Diablo for the dps, looks like it's around 550,000 dps, with mid 200,000
Dragon Tail
once you have three
Tiger Strike
charges. This presumes amp dmg is also on Diablo. Then you would have 5 traps each dealing 10,000 lightning.

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/750106f2
do you think this can do dclone or
Uber Tristram
? maybe swap a few
Key
items?
Just an educated guess:
Dclone should be fine because he's kind of a pushover really.

For ubers, it should also be fine in terms of damage. The survivability however may be too low for those to successfully apply said damage. Between the extremely low resistances and no
Life Tap
, you may simply not live long enough to take them down (or at minimum need to bring a fair few purple pots). But hey..only one way to find out! :)

yeah link that shizzle. Im looking to roll a kicksin after my sorc is finished.
BIS gear choice. Again this one is subjective, as you could opt for other amulet, ring,
Belt
, small charms, etc. I aimed for fire, light and cold absorb since you'll be using Enigma and running lean on resistances. Did a check on Diablo for the dps, looks like it's around 550,000 dps, with mid 200,000
Dragon Tail
once you have three
Tiger Strike
charges. This presumes amp dmg is also on Diablo. Then you would have 5 traps each dealing 10,000 lightning.

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/750106f2
do you think this can do dclone or
Uber Tristram
? maybe swap a few
Key
items?
Can do dclone without a problem.
Uber Tristram
would require gear swaps. Wouldn’t want amp to override lifetap.
yeah i was thinking that. swap the
Axe
for
Stormlash
and swap gloves to dracs
Updated the
Dragon Tail
assassin build now that I've BIS my gear and had a chance to play around with 2.5 changes. https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/3g0106hr

Note we're using Enigma with maxed
Fade
, and
Nosferatu's Coil
to hit the second fastest attack speed for
Tiger Strike
, while also having maxed res, 28% damage reduction even with a
Bone Break
sunder charm. We drop
Lightning Sentry
and it's synergies since we can't max them if we max
Fade
, instead we max
Death Sentry
with 6 hard in
Fire Blast
, the remainder go into
Shadow Warrior
, and you use either
Death Sentry
on right click or use
Cloak of Shadows
-- to control what your
Shadow Warrior
is buffing you with. Also, from a stats perspective, we're going max block. During my testing, I noticed that ~15 pts in dex = 1,000 to
Dragon Tail
damage when you have 3 charges of
Tiger Strike
-- with max block i went from 61,000 dtail to 76,000 a 15,000 dmg increase! Going max block also raised my attack rating with
Tiger Strike
from 6900 to 11600. Couple that with the tankiness of max block, it's definitely a build that can benefit from hard pointing as much dex as possible. Lastly, a sleeper benefit of going maxed
Fade
is the ~85% curse duration reduction, which if you've used
Cleansing
aura from the Paladin you know how beneficial that can be when running Chaos or Throne.
Decrepify
lasts 1 second or so, and then you're back to having regular attack speed, quite a nice benefit.

Raw numbers to consider. If my attack rating for
Baal
at 6900 was 70% chance to hit, and with 11600 it's 82%, plus the before and after
Dragon Tail
damage is increased by 15,000/61,000, we can roughly say that the overall benefit of upping dexerity to max block gifted our
Dragon Tail
assassin with a 17% [ar dmg boost] + 25% [flat dmg boost] = 42% dmg boost [to baal].

We get these numbers by the below calculations.

AR
82% - 70% = 12%. 12/70 = 17% increase in ar.

ATT DMG
76000 - 61000 = 15000. 15000/61000 = 25% increase in flat dmg.

Baal
DMG Boosted

17% + 25% = 42% overall dmg increase. I can knock off 1/4 of baals total hp per third kick charges on p8 in
Terror
Zone.

My life with this setup and all 40+ lifer gcs is 2434 at level 95.

Hidden gotcha -- I'm using
Defiance
Mercenary, the damage would be even higher with Might, but you'd have to worry more about block/fhr lock and a dead mercenary needing to be revived.
Updated the
Dragon Tail
assassin build now that I've BIS my gear and had a chance to play around with 2.5 changes. https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/3g0106hr

Note we're using Enigma with maxed
Fade
, and
Nosferatu's Coil
to hit the second fastest attack speed for
Tiger Strike
, while also having maxed res, 28% damage reduction even with a
Bone Break
sunder charm. We drop
Lightning Sentry
and it's synergies since we can't max them if we max
Fade
, instead we max
Death Sentry
with 6 hard in
Fire Blast
, the remainder go into
Shadow Warrior
, and you use either
Death Sentry
on right click or use
Cloak of Shadows
-- to control what your
Shadow Warrior
is buffing you with. Also, from a stats perspective, we're going max block. During my testing, I noticed that ~15 pts in dex = 1,000 to
Dragon Tail
damage when you have 3 charges of
Tiger Strike
-- with max block i went from 61,000 dtail to 76,000 a 15,000 dmg increase! Going max block also raised my attack rating with
Tiger Strike
from 6900 to 11600. Couple that with the tankiness of max block, it's definitely a build that can benefit from hard pointing as much dex as possible. Lastly, a sleeper benefit of going maxed
Fade
is the ~85% curse duration reduction, which if you've used
Cleansing
aura from the Paladin you know how beneficial that can be when running Chaos or Throne.
Decrepify
lasts 1 second or so, and then you're back to having regular attack speed, quite a nice benefit.

Raw numbers to consider. If my attack rating for
Baal
at 6900 was 70% chance to hit, and with 11600 it's 82%, plus the before and after
Dragon Tail
damage is increased by 15,000/61,000, we can roughly say that the overall benefit of upping dexerity to max block gifted our
Dragon Tail
assassin with a 17% [ar dmg boost] + 25% [flat dmg boost] = 42% dmg boost [to baal].

We get these numbers by the below calculations.

AR
82% - 70% = 12%. 12/70 = 17% increase in ar.

ATT DMG
76000 - 61000 = 15000. 15000/61000 = 25% increase in flat dmg.

Baal
DMG Boosted

17% + 25% = 42% overall dmg increase. I can knock off 1/4 of baals total hp per third kick charges on p8 in
Terror
Zone.

My life with this setup and all 40+ lifer gcs is 2434 at level 95.

Hidden gotcha -- I'm using
Defiance
Mercenary, the damage would be even higher with Might, but you'd have to worry more about block/fhr lock and a dead mercenary needing to be revived.
why is the damage so much higher on this build with similar gear? maybe plus to skills is scaling very well? the biggest difference being that that I can see. check out the drop down there is different set ups including a
Lacerator
one.

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/kw0106gc#6

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Actually seems a wee bit silly, looking at just how far you can push that dmg with the right combination of skills and gear and whatnot.
Just a quick first attempt at mix-matching for max dmg. Need to do some sandboxing for that at some point but I'd almost dare say you can turn that into a build actually capable of 1-shotting dclone. (Assuming maxroll calculations aren't totally off on the underlying skills of course)
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Actually seems a wee bit silly, looking at just how far you can push that dmg with the right combination of skills and gear and whatnot.

image.png

Just a quick first attempt at mix-matching for max dmg. Need to do some sandboxing for that at some point but I'd almost dare say you can turn that into a build actually capable of 1-shotting dclone. (Assuming maxroll calculations aren't totally off on the underlying skills of course)
right. now im excited lol. i have the runes for Plague but as usual im stuck finding a good base. wanna test how each version feels vs the sheet damage. what did you change?

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
what did you change?
Compared to the last one you linked? Half the gear and basically everything else. ;D
Will have a closer look tomorrow (time permitting).
what did you change?
Compared to the last one you linked? Half the gear and basically everything else. ;D
i see. just wanted to make sure you saw that theres a drop down menu with a bunch of other prebuilds
Not sure about other assassin build but kicksin can beat D Clone within a minute and finish the whole Uber event within 3-5 min. And the gears are not expensive at all.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
what did you change?
i see. just wanted to make sure you saw that theres a drop down menu with a bunch of other prebuilds
I did indeed. I found those..wanting.

Turns out mine above was wanting as well..wasn't gonna get any sleep without breaking the 1m dmg/3m dps so..caved and optimized a tad more already:

Light_Gamer wrote: 1 year ago
Not sure about other assassin build but kicksin can beat D Clone within a minute and finish the whole Uber event within 3-5 min. And the gears are not expensive at all.
Other classes can certainly keep up with that. Other assassin builds..a lot harder. Possible for a couple but takes a lot more tweaking and optimization.
For the ubers at least. 1m dclone is slow enough for most builds/classes to keep up with. The goal there is <1 sec (or..1 hit, ideally). There's multiple classes/builds that can do <5s, <1s..not so much.

I did indeed. I found those..wanting.

Turns out mine above was wanting as well..wasn't gonna get any sleep without breaking the 1m dmg/3m dps so..caved and optimized a tad more already:

image.png

holy crap. you gotta share after youre satisfied. but it looks like theres more plus to skills. its scaling really well it seems

Light_Gamer wrote: 1 year ago
Other classes can certainly keep up with that. Other assassin builds..a lot harder. Possible for a couple but takes a lot more tweaking and optimization.
For the ubers at least. 1m dclone is slow enough for most builds/classes to keep up with. The goal there is <1 sec (or..1 hit, ideally). There's multiple classes/builds that can do <5s, <1s..not so much.
whoops big. post i broke it some how lol.

image.png

That calculation is broken. I removed items from your d2 planner and it didn't reduce dmg by much. Remove the Phoenix and you'll see what I mean.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC

image.png

That calculation is broken. I removed items from your d2 planner and it didn't reduce dmg by much. Remove the Phoenix and you'll see what I mean.
Well, not from mine since I haven't linked that.

But removing the Phoenix on the one that was linked doesn't seem too far off.
It only accounts for -15 fire res there as it then hits the -100 limit. So 2x to 1.85x. Beyond that, all Phoenix offers is further ed which is bound to not make a massive difference (even with the 400 on Phoenix) because that part is merely summed with all other ED which in this particular build could only be described as a metric crapton.

As wrong as it feels to see those sorts of numbers..just at first glance, it actually seems correct. The phys base feels about right. The resulting fire fits with the skill
Conversion
. And the final number matches with that * -res factor. Roughly at least.

But yeah, need some playtesting before I really, fully believe that. :)

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Alright, that seems to be the best I can come up with in terms of theorycrafting (pending some further random ideas completely changing it again):
Slightly higher dmg output once again, fully capped on attack speed and actually fully res-capped on top of it now to make it an actual viable build and not just a silly little glass cannon that won't actually ever apply the damage.

Gonna go ahead and actually build that and see how far reality differs from the maxroll math.

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
that seems like they used d3 settings on d2. i've never heard of 717K damage on d2.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
Alright, that seems to be the best I can come up with in terms of theorycrafting (pending some further random ideas completely changing it again):

image.png

Slightly higher dmg output once again, fully capped on attack speed and actually fully res-capped on top of it now to make it an actual viable build and not just a silly little glass cannon that won't actually ever apply the damage.

Gonna go ahead and actually build that and see how far reality differs from the maxroll math.
be sure to link your build please. i have a lot of the stuff on ladder or can trade for it so I can help test. plus im tired of my sorc lol

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC

image.png

be sure to link your build please. i have a lot of the stuff on ladder or can trade for it so I can help test. plus im tired of my sorc lol
All good. I use SP as a testbed so I can actually reliably and repeatedly go through dclone and ubers at different player counts as well and see how she fares.

First things first, I managed to find even more room for improvement, now changing the maxroll numbers to: For the same build, the char screen result is this: If you add amp, which the char screen doesn't account for, you move up to ~450k (for the sake of round numbers) and -res factored in would take you to right around 900k top-end against the maxroll dummy. So obviously quite a bit lower than maxroll but still just insane numbers.

Buuuuuut not insane enough! Since dclone starts out with 95 fire res, he doesn't quite end up at -200 and hence doesn't quite eat the full 900k. Plus his inherent phys reduction drops that number even further since the explosion dmg is based on the actual applied phys dmg. As a result, it still takes 2 full amp'd kicks to actually kill him. Sadly, 2 kicks isn't 2 attacks but 3 (6 if you don't pre-
Charge
), since you need to recharge once to get back to 3
Tiger Strike
for each kick. If amp doesn't proc off the bat (or you don't pre-cast it), you're at 3 kicks/5 attacks. Still crazy good..but not quite 1-shot good.

Be that as it may, the damage is frankly just silly and the fact that the explosion is actually aoe is just..insane. You can very leisurely stroll through P1 and just 1-shot absolutely everything that comes your way that isn't a proper boss with ample dmg to spare, without ever even using
Tiger Strike
to
Charge
up. Even on P8, you can get by perfectly fine without charging up. Once you do
Charge
up..stuff just goes poof no matter what it is.

Oh and while the life pool is relatively small, survivability really isn't a problem. Between capped res, plenty of reduction and solid claw block, there isn't much to worry about.
Plus moving a bit of str into vit would solve that if one feels the need.
Similarly, depending on the target mobs, moving some str into dex instead would significantly up the AR while losing some but not a lot of dmg.
Offering up full builds is no fun..but between the screenshots included here and me now adding that there isn't a single runeword involved in the build, you have what you need to figure it out if you're curious enough. :P

Bottom line:
Not something I'd personally use as a main build as I don't find the playstyle fun enough but if you do...it is just crazy good and capable of handling absolutely everything (with a sunder that is).

image.png

All good. I use SP as a testbed so I can actually reliably and repeatedly go through dclone and ubers at different player counts as well and see how she fares.

First things first, I managed to find even more room for improvement, now changing the maxroll numbers to:
image.png

For the same build, the char screen result is this:
image.png

If you add amp, which the char screen doesn't account for, you move up to ~450k (for the sake of round numbers) and -res factored in would take you to right around 900k top-end against the maxroll dummy. So obviously quite a bit lower than maxroll but still just insane numbers.

Buuuuuut not insane enough! Since dclone starts out with 95 fire res, he doesn't quite end up at -200 and hence doesn't quite eat the full 900k. Plus his inherent phys reduction drops that number even further since the explosion dmg is based on the actual applied phys dmg. As a result, it still takes 2 full amp'd kicks to actually kill him. Sadly, 2 kicks isn't 2 attacks but 3 (6 if you don't pre-
Charge
), since you need to recharge once to get back to 3
Tiger Strike
for each kick. If amp doesn't proc off the bat (or you don't pre-cast it), you're at 3 kicks/5 attacks. Still crazy good..but not quite 1-shot good.

Be that as it may, the damage is frankly just silly and the fact that the explosion is actually aoe is just..insane. You can very leisurely stroll through P1 and just 1-shot absolutely everything that comes your way that isn't a proper boss with ample dmg to spare, without ever even using
Tiger Strike
to
Charge
up. Even on P8, you can get by perfectly fine without charging up. Once you do
Charge
up..stuff just goes poof no matter what it is.

Oh and while the life pool is relatively small, survivability really isn't a problem. Between capped res, plenty of reduction and solid claw block, there isn't much to worry about.
Plus moving a bit of str into vit would solve that if one feels the need.
Similarly, depending on the target mobs, moving some str into dex instead would significantly up the AR while losing some but not a lot of dmg.

image.png

Offering up full builds is no fun..but between the screenshots included here and me now adding that there isn't a single runeword involved in the build, you have what you need to figure it out if you're curious enough. :P

Bottom line:
Not something I'd personally use as a main build as I don't find the playstyle fun enough but if you do...it is just crazy good and capable of handling absolutely everything (with a sunder that is).
lmao. dude c'mon!!!!. I gotta know! I know its not nats set as the color is wrong. maybe double bartocs ? but as for the rest of it Id be lost As Id dont know enough of what some armor looks like. maybe PM it to me so i can play with it when im off this weekend?

---your bestest pal
NihilNinja

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation