Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   1952 views

Description

SO I have worked at searching the internet for an answer to this and all I get are old posts and what seem to be not well researched guides or opinions.

Been playing this game since I was 16-ish and mostly played online SC in the original expansion for PC. NOW with the Switch (so pissed there's no carriage lol). NOw with the switch
I figured I would try out hardcore. and test my skills. And have started a HC game for the first time.

Everything says there is no big difference between SC and HC with magic find. Yet at lvl 19 necro HC-Offline and Still have yet to see a MF items come up in the shops.
As with SC it seems to be plentiful......at least by lvl 15ish. online and in SC. (exact lvl time line with characters is a blur). SO MANY CHARATERS LOL
drop rates and such seem (?) to be the same. its hard to tell, unique and sets always fall far and in between. Yet often when I get one set item I get a second with-in X-amount (soonish) of time after. And haven't made it far enough to gage the repetitive set drop rates.
I like the diagram someone used on a site in my search. (probably here) Also What's her name in the tower seems to drop 1 rune a visit. One time with this charter has she droped 3 runes. yet everything says it is random and up to 3 runes till lvl 25 or something like that.
I played a bit before the patch 2.4 and all the tower rune drops seem to have changed after it came out. With my SC online Sorceress.

Maybe I am blind and missed details in posts. yet NOTHING I have read seems to be all that clear. IF it is unknown that's cool. yet I am just curious.

The only real benefit to online to me is trading (which sucks and is unrelative to the way things drop) meaning I had so many isenheart sets and such and Unique's there was no trades available cause everyone wants something that is Highly INPROBABLE in getting without paying or bugging the game in some way. And I play honestly and work with the game as it is. I would say it is the # of people in the community that are playing. yet the bullS#%&* started a long time ago when the game came out, got hacked or what not and hence the online stores selling items and such. Besides that people just want to take advantage of people over something that in the end is meaningless. (a game item that has no real value to life) except the experience in passing time in a fun way.

Well this post went south fast LOLOLOLOLOLOL Any help on my main topic would ease my curiosity.

Can be used to make Runewords:

SO I have worked at searching the internet for an answer to this and all I get are old posts and what seem to be not well researched guides or opinions.

Been playing this game since I was 16-ish and mostly played online SC in the original expansion for PC. NOW with the Switch (so pissed there's no carriage lol). NOw with the switch
I figured I would try out hardcore. and test my skills. And have started a HC game for the first time.

Everything says there is no big difference between SC and HC with magic find. Yet at lvl 19 necro HC-Offline and Still have yet to see a MF items come up in the shops.
As with SC it seems to be plentiful......at least by lvl 15ish. online and in SC. (exact lvl time line with characters is a blur). SO MANY CHARATERS LOL
drop rates and such seem (?) to be the same. its hard to tell, unique and sets always fall far and in between. Yet often when I get one set item I get a second with-in X-amount (soonish) of time after. And haven't made it far enough to gage the repetitive set drop rates.
I like the diagram someone used on a site in my search. (probably here) Also What's her name in the tower seems to drop 1 rune a visit. One time with this charter has she droped 3 runes. yet everything says it is random and up to 3 runes till lvl 25 or something like that.
I played a bit before the patch 2.4 and all the tower rune drops seem to have changed after it came out. With my SC online Sorceress.

Maybe I am blind and missed details in posts. yet NOTHING I have read seems to be all that clear. IF it is unknown that's cool. yet I am just curious.

The only real benefit to online to me is trading (which sucks and is unrelative to the way things drop) meaning I had so many isenheart sets and such and Unique's there was no trades available cause everyone wants something that is Highly INPROBABLE in getting without paying or bugging the game in some way. And I play honestly and work with the game as it is. I would say it is the # of people in the community that are playing. yet the bullS#%&* started a long time ago when the game came out, got hacked or what not and hence the online stores selling items and such. Besides that people just want to take advantage of people over something that in the end is meaningless. (a game item that has no real value to life) except the experience in passing time in a fun way.

Well this post went south fast LOLOLOLOLOLOL Any help on my main topic would ease my curiosity.
DuckieOne wrote: 1 year ago
I'm sorry, what is your main topic? Less MF in hardcore than in softcore?

I've never played HC, but I have made many new characters. Some find MF items easily, some never find any until I trade for them. The RNG of D2 is rough sometimes. I have yet to hear anyone say that HC has less MF than SC and I have yet to see anything in the game mechanics to make me think there is. BUT, I shall make a few HC characters now as I'm pretty much done my SC characters and been looking for something new.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

atari 453

Europe XLinux
To my experience there's no difference between sc and hc in terms of mf.
The boss in
The Forgotten Tower
in the
Black Marsh
is
The Countess

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
There is 100% zero difference between the two. And if any side would have the bias (advantage) it would be Hardcore as Diablo was originally intended to be Hardcore only with no Softcore.

What you are describing is the natural nature of RNG and the influence of Player Count on NoDrop and then Magic Find %'s and their curves.

Can assure you the game is coded with the appropriate Treasure Classes and there is zero distinction or dichotomy between the two :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation