Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
43 replies   7687 views

Description

Hi all,

I did Ubers with summon necro just because I could. :D The trick for me was to roll a
River of Flame
with a lot of Urdars and
Revive
them to have a lot of crushing blow. Even
Corpse Explosion
comes in handy to clear uber minions.

I had a lot of issues with
Uber Baal
though. When he started summoning and teleporting around, necro minions started attacking
Baal
minions and appendages instead of him and it was hard to keep up the damage to overcome his regen. It is possible, he's just causing me the most problems. Mini ubers,
Uber Diablo
and
Uber Mephisto
were surprisingly easy. I tried twice with Summon Necro and twice I spent most the time on dealing with
Uber Baal

Did anyone try doing Ubers with summon necro? I would appreciate any good hints on how to deal best with
Uber Baal
. :)
Description by louner

Can be used to make Runewords:

louner 197

Europe PC
Hi all,

I did Ubers with summon necro just because I could. :D The trick for me was to roll a
River of Flame
with a lot of Urdars and
Revive
them to have a lot of crushing blow. Even
Corpse Explosion
comes in handy to clear uber minions.

I had a lot of issues with
Uber Baal
though. When he started summoning and teleporting around, necro minions started attacking
Baal
minions and appendages instead of him and it was hard to keep up the damage to overcome his regen. It is possible, he's just causing me the most problems. Mini ubers,
Uber Diablo
and
Uber Mephisto
were surprisingly easy. I tried twice with Summon Necro and twice I spent most the time on dealing with
Uber Baal

Did anyone try doing Ubers with summon necro? I would appreciate any good hints on how to deal best with
Uber Baal
. :)

louner wrote: 1 year ago
a lot of Urdar and
Revive
them to have a lot of crushing blow

do they have cb? i thought they have just
Stun
attacks
Uber Mephisto
were surprisingly easy
i believe this is the most difficult part (for me), cause my merc just died in a moment, it was an old build tho, wanna try it with the new one

mini ubers went very easily

OP

louner 197

Europe PC
n8mare wrote: 1 year ago
a lot of Urdar and
Revive
them to have a lot of crushing blow

do they have cb? i thought they have just
Stun
attacks
Yes, 25% crushing blow each, so if you
Revive
10-15 of them its enough. :D With 20 hard points in
Skeleton Mastery
and CTA they are really tanky also
n8mare wrote: 1 year ago
Uber Mephisto
were surprisingly easy
i believe this is the most difficult part (for me), cause my merc just died in a moment, it was an old build tho, wanna try it with the new one
With fishymancer merc is behind all the summons so I think its easier to keep him alive than with melee buids. He died on me just once in two runs, near the end of the run

With 20 hard points in
Skeleton Mastery
i've never used cta yet cause i wear mf offset gear. how effective is it? how many hp will gain my 28k
Clay Golem
if i would use it (approximately)? and how many hp do you gain on your char?
Yes, 25% crushing blow each, so if you
Revive
10-15 of them its enough. :D With 20 hard points in
Skeleton Mastery
my god that's usefull! never heard about it before... i guess my cb merc is overkill with 20+ urdars :DDD

Open wounds and poison damage are both ways of stopping uber health regeneration.

If you're using Beast on your summon necro, it has open wounds on it. Once open wounds procs, it lasts 8 seconds, but with awful necro chance to hit and attack speed I'm not sure that would help on
Baal
. So, probably not a very helpful option, but technically there.

With poison damage, it doesn't matter if you're dealing 2 poison damage, so long as they're poisoned, they're not healing. So, 1 point in
Poison Nova
ought to do it, for just a couple skill point investment. If you wanted to save the skill points, you could even put on a
Blackbog's Sharp
which gives points to all 3 poison skills or shop a
Wand
for swap.

I also know that Ubers used to be susceptible to 'slows target by X' traits on weapons. I don't know if that's still true, but another strat for
Baal
could be to give your merc
Kelpie Snare
or another slowing item to land some slows on
Baal
, then swap a better weapon from cube or something. Once
Baal
is slowed enough, he won't use a lot of his abilities, and that should help with the summoning and teleporting.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
Winterkill wrote: 1 year ago
If you're using Beast on your summon necro, it has open wounds on it. Once open wounds procs, it lasts 8 seconds, but with awful necro chance to hit and attack speed I'm not sure that would help on
Baal
. So, probably not a very helpful option, but technically there.
i mean, you could do IG with Beast... but that's tricky yeah :DD

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
As for slowing mentioned by Winterkill, the classical
Clay Golem
+
Decrepify
combo should widely help. + Telestomp on
Baal
with Urdars if your Enigma / an amulet allows you to.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I've done this multiple times and the trick is always gear the merc with Obedience, GFace, Duress and
Revive
cows (open portal helps), decrep and telestomp. For the summons, use
Terror
to make them away.

It's relatively easy with Necro.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
OP

louner 197

Europe PC
Telestomping is obvious. Thanks for the
Terror
hint. I think that should help a lot. :D I am so used to just amp damage /
Lower Resist
/ decrep that I almost forgot other curses exist.

OP

louner 197

Europe PC
Ok I'm going for round two and I'll try a few different things. :D I will let you know my thoughts on summon necro later. :D

Dude! :D Good luck!

OP

louner 197

Europe PC
Ok I am done for today. :D Its so damn slow, about 10-15 minutes / run, but so far all were successful.

I started using
Terror
which helps a lot, runs are still slow but at least I can finish them consistently. I am using cows to defeat mini ubers,
Uber Diablo
and
Uber Mephisto
. I can't defeat
Uber Baal
with cows (they can't keep up with his regen), so I am still using Urdars to kill him.

I also rolled
Skeleton
mages that do poison damage which helps somewhat

Another tip I can give is, you can start a new game when you have all the organs to gain access to fresh cows and fresh Urdars in case you used them on mini ubers.

It was interesting, but its not even close to a Smiter, so don't do this at home. :D At least now I know its doable

Another interesting thing is, my merc died several times in the end (mostly one shot by
Uber Mephisto
:D), but
Iron Golem
did not die even once and didn't have even one close call. :D

I watches some YT videos, I am using pretty much BiS gear (Beast, Infinity on merc for
Corpse Explosion
etc) and I have no idea how ppl do ubers fast (under 5 minutes) with summon necro. :D There is so much preparation (rolling good river with lots of Urdars, getting summons etc). Once everything is ready (river, cows, summons etc) ubers and mini ubers melt pretty quickly, but the preparation itself takes the most time

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Very interesting sharing, thanks !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
Thanks for the Insight. I wouldn't expect it to make it nowhere near with Smiter but it's relatively safe as I know. When I have time I will try to make it with my Smiter accompanied by a5 merc using Grief, Last Wish, AF and Fortitude. If this works well for the merc then it'd allow Necro to get enough CB only from merc. I'll write my impressions.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
...I can't defeat
Uber Baal
with cows (they can't keep up with his regen), so I am still using Urdars to kill him....
Get your merc a decent open wounds chance and/or get some poison damage (1 pt in
Poison Nova
to spam for example) to stop their regen. That'll not only let you take down
Baal
easier, it also speeds up all of the other ones because you only have to fight their base life, not their regen.
You obviously won't do any significant damage with a 1 pt psn
Nova
or the like but you don't have to. Any damage with it is enough to stop their regen.

Note:
Meph and
Lilith
are poison immune (though Meph can be broken with LR) so for them, it has to be open wounds.

Beyond that, the faster you get, the faster you can get. As in..if you can take all of them down quick enough, you can do it with a single set of revives, meaning you can go straight for urdars and not bother wasting time on cows or whatever else you start out with. Not only does that save you the time you lose getting to cows, killing them and getting the revives up but it also speeds up the ubers themselves because urdars on all of them means you have solid crushing against all of them, resulting in significantly faster kill times across the board.
OP

louner 197

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
...I can't defeat
Uber Baal
with cows (they can't keep up with his regen), so I am still using Urdars to kill him....
Get your merc a decent open wounds chance and/or get some poison damage (1 pt in
Poison Nova
to spam for example) to stop their regen. That'll not only let you take down
Baal
easier, it also speeds up all of the other ones because you only have to fight their base life, not their regen.
You obviously won't do any significant damage with a 1 pt psn
Nova
or the like but you don't have to. Any damage with it is enough to stop their regen.

Note:
Meph and
Lilith
are poison immune (though Meph can be broken with LR) so for them, it has to be open wounds.
How do I get open wounds on a summon necro? Is there any go-to weapon I can check?
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Beyond that, the faster you get, the faster you can get. As in..if you can take all of them down quick enough, you can do it with a single set of revives, meaning you can go straight for urdars and not bother wasting time on cows or whatever else you start out with. Not only does that save you the time you lose getting to cows, killing them and getting the revives up but it also speeds up the ubers themselves because urdars on all of them means you have solid crushing against all of them, resulting in significantly faster kill times across the board.
That is true. :D

atari 453

Europe XLinux
You can get Urdar /
Blunderbore
not only in the
River of Flame
but also in Durance of Hate and Palace Cellar.
Against Baals life regeneration I would suggest a spear / polearm with prevent monster heal for your merc like
The Impaler

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
atari wrote: 1 year ago
You can get Urdar /
Blunderbore
not only in the
River of Flame
but also in Durance of Hate and Palace Cellar.
Against Baals life regeneration I would suggest a
Spear
/ polearm with prevent monster heal for your merc like
The Impaler
As far as I know, PMH doesn't work for mercs, so if you need the merc to stop the regeneration, you need to give them something with poison damage or OW.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
How do I get open wounds on a summon necro? Is there any go-to weapon I can check?
atari wrote: 1 year ago
Against Baals life regeneration I would suggest a
Spear
/ polearm with prevent monster heal for your merc like
The Impaler
Prevent monster heal does not work for a mercenary, it has to be on the player.
Prevent monster heal also generally does not work against ubers, no matter who applies it.

That having been said,
The Impaler
would still work, due to the relatively high open wounds chance it has.

General alternatives/additions (for your merc) may include:
- Duress
-
Crow Caw

-
Toothrow

-
Boneflesh

- Doom
- Crescent Moon
-
Bloodthief

-
Woestave

-
Soul Harvest

-
The Meat Scraper

-
Tomb Reaver
with 2-3x
Um

Personally, I'd just give him a Duress and be done with it. His hit chance should be high enough to keep OW up without gaps with that. Even more so since you're using Infinity.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
If I understand correctly, Malice in a 3os polearm should work as well, right (and no drain life for hirelings) ?

Annihilus

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...