Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
26 replies   11726 views

Description

Hey all, I just farmed enough runes to make a Faith, but to get the most out of the runeword I was thinking I’d put it on a merc. That way my summoner necro, javazon, barb and even future Bowazon could all benefit from the
Fanaticism
aura.

I have a Flickering Flame I made for an act 3 merc, plus I heard
Exploding Arrow
is awesome.

I know it takes any fire damage on the user and adds it to the skill damage, so what does everyone think would be the best armour for an act 1 fire merc to max the damage?

Also what would be the best base for a merc Faith?

Thanks for any advice/feedback!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 535

Switch
Hey all, I just farmed enough runes to make a Faith, but to get the most out of the runeword I was thinking I’d put it on a merc. That way my summoner necro, javazon, barb and even future Bowazon could all benefit from the
Fanaticism
aura.

I have a Flickering Flame I made for an act 3 merc, plus I heard
Exploding Arrow
is awesome.

I know it takes any fire damage on the user and adds it to the skill damage, so what does everyone think would be the best armour for an act 1 fire merc to max the damage?

Also what would be the best base for a merc Faith?

Thanks for any advice/feedback!
Matriarchal Bow
or
Grand Matron Bow
to be able to have +3 to bow skills
MB has faster base speed
GBM has higher raw damage.
It depends on your choice and your merc's
Helm
, armor.

Relax and have fun!

atari 455

Europe XLinux
I suggest ethereal
Shaftstop
socketed with
Um
as armor for survivability.

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Or a classical
Eth
Treachery should work just fine as well for the armor. As for
Helm
, why not try the Delirium to make a fire Manic Pixie Dreamgirl ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

Nate 535

Switch
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Matriarchal Bow
or
Grand Matron Bow
to be able to have +3 to bow skills
MB has faster base speed
GBM has higher raw damage.
It depends on your choice and your merc's
Helm
, armor.
Can the act 1 merc use these? If so oh boy!
OP

Nate 535

Switch
Great advice all!

Follow-up question: has anyone tried a bunch of facets in a rare/unique armour that has multiple sockets? Is it worth considering? I’m getting a bunch from my trav runs, so I could potentially put them to use
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
Can the act 1 merc use these? If so oh boy!
Yep, she now can.

Relax and have fun!
OP

Nate 535

Switch
Now I just need to find a
Matriarchal Bow
with +3 skills... either with 4 sockets or rolled in the cube.

looks like I’m going to be doing some cow runs
Now I just need to find a
Matriarchal Bow
with +3 skills... either with 4 sockets or rolled in the cube.

looks like I’m going to be doing some cow runs
Yup, they're not easy to find...

Highly recommend checking out the Manic Pixie Dreamgirl guide if you haven't already - Necrarch was alluding to this :) The guide & comments have full details regarding gear and IAS breakpoint calculations.

Manic Pixie Dreamgirl: An Alternative Endgame Hireling

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8
I do have
Matriarchal Bow
with +3 skills and 4OS that I am willing to part with, however not sure of price evaluation.

ShadowHeart 1748Moderator

Europe PC
Revolana wrote: 1 year ago
I do have
Matriarchal Bow
with +3 skills and 4OS that I am willing to part with, however not sure of price evaluation.
Non-superior ones seem to move for either
Mal
or
Ist
, but feel free to check it yourself, of course (I cross referenced both here and another trading site, not d2jsp).

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
As far as I remember Nate only does solo self found, I think.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

Nate 535

Switch
Yea I’m ssf offline, sometimes i wish I were back on bnet for trading...oh well.

So I guess the best armour would be Dragon? Coupled with Flickering Flame and Faith would probably be a killer combo. I do have a spare
Sur
sitting in my stash, but I’d still need to find a
Lo
, and if I found that I’d probably make a Fortitude first, wa-wa

Yea one of these days I’ll do the manic pixie Dream girl, I just made that Flickering Flame and want to get some more use out of it ;)
So I guess the best armour would be Dragon? Coupled with Flickering Flame and Faith would probably be a killer combo. I do have a spare
Sur
sitting in my stash, but I’d still need to find a
Lo
, and if I found that I’d probably make a Fortitude first, wa-wa
Don't. Without synergies +
Conviction
, your Dragon armor + Flickering Flame deal very low damage.

Relax and have fun!
OP

Nate 535

Switch
Well one of the primarily uses will be for my necro, so no worries on
Conviction
, also the main effect from Flickering Flame and Dragon i was thinking is the added fire damage to the merc, which if balanced out with the physical from the necro and Ice from a potential Bowazon I thought would be ok...?

Also found a +3
Matriarchal Bow
at the Moo-moo farm, rolled it in the cube for an impressive 2 open sockets ... inspiring

atari 455

Europe XLinux
According to maxroll mercs can provide up to 2 auras. Stacking more auras leads to the deactivation of one of them. So Faith, Flickering Flame and Dragon is a bad idea.

OP

Nate 535

Switch
K, good to know, looks like Treachery is the winner

Also don’t know about Delirium for a necro because
Confuse
may take away from amp damage.

I rolled a +3
Grand Matron Bow
: 5 sockets...the grind is real
OP

Nate 535

Switch
A bit off topic, but looking for that
Matriarchal Bow
, from silospen it looks like basically any archer in act 1 hell has the best odds of dropping them, way better than cows it seems. Can anyone confirm this with their experience?
Why use merc Act 1 for your necro ?
People use usually Act 2 Might aura.

Relax and have fun!
OP

Nate 535

Switch
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Why use merc Act 1 for your necro ?
People use usually Act 2 Might aura.
That’s a good question, the problem with raised skeletons is their attack rating is ... well... hot garbage.

The best ways to make them more effective is to increase their attack rating, attack speed and movement speed. The act 2
Blessed Aim
merc gives them like +300% attack rating which increases their chance to hit (although it’s still lowish). Their attack speed is nerfed because they are restricted to attacking every 30ish frames, so increasing their attack speed-which reduces their actual attack speed and the frames between attacks is really handy. And increasing their movement speed really helps, this reduces how long it takes them to get from one target to another (Harmony is awesome for this, but telestomping works too).

So if you want to improve your Skellys the priority should be to first off try and increase attack speed, second movement speed and last increase their damage (assuming you have max Skellies possible).

The act 2 might merc is best suited to buff chars or summons who already hit often, like player characters, the merc themselves and Valkyries.

The fanatism aura is a good balance of attack speed, attack rating and damage, plus its good for other characters such as my barbs, Amazon’s, etc. So it’s an economical rune word for us offline players, all things considered.

Hope that makes sense, and sorry I don’t have the references to back it up, but it’s out there!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation