Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
1 reply   2289 views

Description

We already have threads for getting very lucky drops and for epic fail drops, but I thought it would be fun to have something in the middle, a thread for times when we get amazing rolls in terms of probability....but the result isn't very impressive.

Here are two examples-

Today, while leveling my Physical Bowazon in Nightmare, I got an
Ist
rune from a trash Returned in the
Halls of Anguish
. Silopsen tells me that's a 1:399109 drop chance under those conditions. That's a pretty awesome roll! However, a similar roll (1:356143) from a ghost, strangler, or gloam and variants on Hell difficulty would have been a
Ber
. I certainly know when I'd have picked to have such a good roll of the dice, but oh well! Still the highest rune I've seen in NM.

While testing out WW on my Barb the other day after the patch, with 0% MF, I found a perfect
Windforce
off a generic trash
Megademon
in
Chaos Sanctuary
. Silopsen gives me a 1:4,430,807 chance. That has a lower drop chance than even a
Zod
rune in the same circumstances, which would be 1:3841314. Had that kill been a unique
Megademon
, the chance of a
Windforce
would have skyrocketed to 1:102831. But no, it was the trash that gave it to me.

Both amazingly rare rolls! Both....ok results.

What are your stories?

Can be used to make Runewords:

We already have threads for getting very lucky drops and for epic fail drops, but I thought it would be fun to have something in the middle, a thread for times when we get amazing rolls in terms of probability....but the result isn't very impressive.

Here are two examples-

Today, while leveling my Physical Bowazon in Nightmare, I got an
Ist
rune from a trash Returned in the
Halls of Anguish
. Silopsen tells me that's a 1:399109 drop chance under those conditions. That's a pretty awesome roll! However, a similar roll (1:356143) from a ghost, strangler, or gloam and variants on Hell difficulty would have been a
Ber
. I certainly know when I'd have picked to have such a good roll of the dice, but oh well! Still the highest rune I've seen in NM.

While testing out WW on my Barb the other day after the patch, with 0% MF, I found a perfect
Windforce
off a generic trash
Megademon
in
Chaos Sanctuary
. Silopsen gives me a 1:4,430,807 chance. That has a lower drop chance than even a
Zod
rune in the same circumstances, which would be 1:3841314. Had that kill been a unique
Megademon
, the chance of a
Windforce
would have skyrocketed to 1:102831. But no, it was the trash that gave it to me.

Both amazingly rare rolls! Both....ok results.

What are your stories?

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
Been on the hunt for a 15% IAS / 30%+ ED Jewel to put in a near-perfect Kira's I found a while back.

Playing around 8 months or so, highest damage I've seen on a self-found Jewel was 20%. Never found one with BOTH ED% and IAS%.

Then today I found this:
*Facepalm*

Probably ID'd close to 5000 jewels by now (~20 per day X 8 months played X 30 days per month). Crazy how rare the good ones are.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation