Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
28 replies   3123 views

Description

I played D2 when it launched back in 2000. Never got my Enigma or anything close to it. I've been playing since D2R launched and as of ~4 days ago, I've made an Enigma for my Javazon and Infinity and Fortitude for my Merc. It's a pretty unstoppable build in PvM. I've also built a Smiter with Grief and can run Ubers with ease. I've amassed like 10 torches. I've also killed the
Diablo Clone
so may times now and have like 10 annis in my stash.

I've lost the desire to play any further. I feel that I've beat the game. Enigma + Infinity is what did it for me. I feel there's no more challenge.

Anyone else feel this way? I think Enigma and Infinity are too OP for this game.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I played D2 when it launched back in 2000. Never got my Enigma or anything close to it. I've been playing since D2R launched and as of ~4 days ago, I've made an Enigma for my Javazon and Infinity and Fortitude for my Merc. It's a pretty unstoppable build in PvM. I've also built a Smiter with Grief and can run Ubers with ease. I've amassed like 10 torches. I've also killed the
Diablo Clone

I've lost the desire to play any further. I feel that I've beat the game. Enigma + Infinity is what did it for me. I feel there's no more challenge.

Anyone else feel this way? I think Enigma and Infinity are too OP for this game.

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
Any Last Wish?

Teebling 5854Admin

Europe PC
Congrats, you won the game :) Getting those items is no mean feat.

Inb4 the 'Can I have your stuff' posts :lol:

That is why many of us love the ladder resets. Nothing like the feeling of starting fresh with everyone else and being excited at every good drop
You can try others build with expensive gears: dual Dream,
Holy Fire
paladin, bowazon, bear sorc, Doom Wind druid, etc.
Or other challenges: make uber done under 1 minute, make your merc clear uber.
Or min, max your build with +45 life charms, perfect anni/torch.

Relax and have fun!
Everyone has their own definition of done because everyone has their own motivation for playing.

I'm almost certain I won't accomplish one of my nice-to-haves before the predicted end of the ladder season, but there's a reason why I grushed my characters to skip nightmare Ancients. I only wished that I had done it with normal Ancients as well.

Even though I had one in LoD, Enigma was never essential to my enjoyment of the game back in the 1.10 era. It also won't be essential now, especially when the Amazon's cast rate is F-tier. I still plan to make an Enigma, but it'll be the last runeword I make for her. I'm not even sure that Spirit,
Griffon's Eye
, and
Arachnid Mesh
will be enough to make her cast rate feel respectable, but I guess I'll find out eventually regardless of whether that happens on or off ladder.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
Hmm…

Well if your goal is to obtain Enigma and Infinity in d2 as considered “beat the game”then i guess you have accomplished it and you no longer need to play the game :). Enigma and Infinity has been around since lod expansion, kind of late to say its “too overpowering”…especially, the items are not tie to anyone character…

Anyhow, we all have different reasons to play d2. For me anyway, just like to play on and off, mf here and there, hoping to obtain the real deal items - the highly sought after rares etc.

Wish u best of luck on your next gaming adventure.. meantime, if you are for sure not going to be playing this game anymore, you should donate your gears to those in need :)

Can trade on PC or SWITCH

Necrarch 1654Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
You can also animate community here by crawling the forums, helping for price checks, helping newbies... It's nice around here. ;)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

louner 198

Europe PC
I feel the similar way to be honest (but not about Enigma and Infinity), but I am not yet bored with the game to quit. :D

At some point you either find yourself in a loop of farming to get better gear to farm faster or all is left to do is trading and amassing runes.

If you want a challenge you can try crafting 24FHR 10FCR 30STR 3 Res
Caster Belt
. :D

If you are into mods, consider playing Median XL. It has many challenging endgame quests (compared to just UT in D2) and complex builds.
Grind Must Never End

mikestesting wrote: 1 year ago
Diablo Clone

I take your stuff if you wanna get rid of it :D

first :D

Yes I had that exact moment when a few years ago I tried to make my ultra smiter I wanted... and then... after a bazillion lk runs... he was ready! after 5 mins with him I closed the game and did not turn it on again. I had no purose to continue.

Now I love to try and make non S tier build into S or high A territory, with as much high runes it takes. That creates A lot of options. Though I believe after laddder 2 I'll finish all builds I want to try. Unless they change more stuff- which I hope they do.
I'm reasonably confident that I will never have an Enigma or an Infinity, I simply don't have the time required. On the one hand, that means the motivation to play will always be there but on the other hand, there are all sorts of whacky builds I would like to try but will never have the gear to manage (dual Dream, for example).

In the end, I'm not sure it matters to me. I've increasingly found that my enjoyment comes from getting different builds through the game, to see how they compare, and to experiment with different setups where possible. Have completed it on hell with 8 different builds I think, so only about 12 million to go, should give me plenty to do. :)

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
I have found new enjoyment by playing offline single player. There is something satisfying about Actually playing through the game and finding all your own gear. Before, I would always get my characters rushed. Always.
I'm not done till I get 2
Eth
flying axes with 40 ias, 375+ED, 8ll, and fools mod, amplify proc. Enigma and Infinity was the easy part.

https://armlesswunder.github.io/

I don't do trades for less than
Pul
. I accept T or H keys as well.
If you ran out of goals and can't think of anything else to search for
/ craft / create, then you may be at the end. New class might be worth while if no other games scratch the loot itch for ya though.

The new end of endgame challenge for me is creating 2 Last Wishes (got 1 so far) for A5 merc. Keep hearing mixed results about how he's better than A2 merc, and want to test it out myself with the best potential setup.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
I hear you, when I made Infinity, Enigma, CoH, perfect
Eth
fort, stash full of torches and runes to spare (not like 20
Ber
, but enough to buy most things I wanted) things kind of lost the flavor and I quit for 4 months. Ladder was nice to come back fresh, but I feel like each time I come back the timeline shrinks before I move on. Still nice to have something to
Bash
a few hours into every now and again
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
The new end of endgame challenge for me is creating 2 Last Wishes (got 1 so far) for A5 merc. Keep hearing mixed results about how he's better than A2 merc, and want to test it out myself with the best potential setup.
He is not, they are both great, just for different classes / specs.

For example, I have no use for an A2 mercenary on my FoH Paladin, but I can't go without one on my Sorceress.

ShadowHeart 1843Moderator

Europe PC
I guess this is why many people prefer ladder, with the fresh starts every once in a while. Back in the day I always thought I'd dislike it so I never even tried - I'm playing my first ladder season ever right now, and I'm starting to see the appeal.

But regardless of ladder vs non-ladder, my main personal motivation for this game is to play with a few close friends - we start new fresh characters together, take them all the way through all difficulties organically (no rushing), and when we've killed
Baal
, we start over with new characters. It can take many weeks or even a few months before we are done with a set of characters, depending on how much time we actually have away from real-life to game together. My farming and trading is thus mainly meant to (1) increase my speed/efficiency of farming and (2) build Wealth in order to deck out my own and my friends' (who do not have as much time to game as me) characters with decent enough (not necessarily BiS) gear.

These things work for me at least, to keep up my interest.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation