Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   433 views

Description

Is there a way to set up gold trades on diablo2.io? Most D2 players will say that it has no value, but some people like to spend massive amounts on gambling with the hope of rolling something useful.

Items gambled by a level 95+ character are guaranteed to be at least ilvl 90+, so, if my knowledge of item generation mechanics is correct, there is a remote chance of getting amulets or circlets with +2 to class skills among other popular affixes. There are very few monsters in the game who can drop items of that level.

You could potentially trade good rare (yellow) items for very high runes. Just the other day I traded a rare
Circlet
for a
Lo
rune. I consider myself to be a somewhat "poor" player, so it really made my day.

Many other online RPGs have monetary economies where items in the game can trade at a commonly accepted value. Some games, like World of Warcraft for example, even have gold to real money exchange rates facilitated by the game itself. However, I'm not trying to advocate real money trading in D2.

D2 is more like an ancient barter-based economy that predates the concept of currency. Runes are the closest thing D2 has to standardized money, but their perceived values can vary a lot depending on who you're trading with.
Description by Sean

Can be used to make Runewords:

Sean 32

Barbarian Americas PC
Is there a way to set up gold trades on diablo2.io? Most D2 players will say that it has no value, but some people like to spend massive amounts on gambling with the hope of rolling something useful.

Items gambled by a level 95+ character are guaranteed to be at least ilvl 90+, so, if my knowledge of item generation mechanics is correct, there is a remote chance of getting amulets or circlets with +2 to class skills among other popular affixes. There are very few monsters in the game who can drop items of that level.

You could potentially trade good rare (yellow) items for very high runes. Just the other day I traded a rare
Circlet
for a
Lo
rune. I consider myself to be a somewhat "poor" player, so it really made my day.

Many other online RPGs have monetary economies where items in the game can trade at a commonly accepted value. Some games, like World of Warcraft for example, even have gold to real money exchange rates facilitated by the game itself. However, I'm not trying to advocate real money trading in D2.

D2 is more like an ancient barter-based economy that predates the concept of currency. Runes are the closest thing D2 has to standardized money, but their perceived values can vary a lot depending on who you're trading with.

Schnorki 3189Moderator

PC
I've seen a few trades here looking for/selling gold.

I don't believe gold is available as a "distinct item" though so when you create a trade and put in 'gold', you won't see what you're looking for in the dropdown. If you don't click anything in the dropdown though, it'll simply create as gold with no further tags (item type and whatnot).

If folks then search for gold, they'll find your trade as well.
Problem being, they also find every other trade mentioning gold which is a ton as it then includes things like rares/crafted stuff with gold find where folks put that into the title.

Case and point, if you search for gold right now, the first page is full of results, including (only) 3 actually selling gold.

Bisu 369

PC
You can create a trade post with a title such as "10M in-game gold for
Mal
", and then when other users search "in-game gold", it will show up.

I've seen gold trades quite often actually. People just drop gold and rune(s) for each other to finish the trade. Once you establish trust with each other, it could become a long term trading relationship. This is helpful for someone who doesn't own a mf/gold Barb etc, but wants to try their luck gambling.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...