Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   1583 views

Description

Blizzard wrote:
From June 30–July 4, a mysterious energy source will grant you a 50% buff to Magic Find, providing an increased chance to receive Magic, Rare, Set, or Unique loot as a drop from slain foes. This bonus stacks with any additional increases to Magic Find provided by your items. Source: Patch notes for 2.4.3
My question for you guys - is this a 50% modifier to your total magic find, or just a flat 'extra' 50% on top of your total magic find?

PS Crazy how we were talking about this very subject yesterday in an old thread about a Korean MF event, then the next day Blizz drops an MF event for the West... <_<
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
Blizzard wrote:
From June 30–July 4, a mysterious energy source will grant you a 50% buff to Magic Find, providing an increased chance to receive Magic, Rare, Set, or Unique loot as a drop from slain foes. This bonus stacks with any additional increases to Magic Find provided by your items. Source: Patch notes for 2.4.3
My question for you guys - is this a 50% modifier to your total magic find, or just a flat 'extra' 50% on top of your total magic find?

PS Crazy how we were talking about this very subject yesterday in an old thread about a Korean MF event, then the next day Blizz drops an MF event for the West... <_<

Khegan 376

It probably just stacks as an extra bonus with current MF. Otherwise, players starting fresh with 0 MF have nothing to gain.
My interpretation is that it's a flat extra 50%. I'd say that's why they wrote 'this stacks with MF on your items.' If it was a multiplier on your MF from items, that sentence would be really weird.

Also, it makes more sense to me to give +50% flat for a special event, because a 50% multiplier for newer players, lower level characters, non MF characters, and so on would be pretty insignificant. If the goal of the event is to get people playing, you'd want the bonus to be applicable and useful to any character, which flat 50% is.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
Making it a multiplicative bonus would be such a weird decision that if it does work that way on day one, I'd expect it to be a bug.
Yeah I think "stacks" is the
Key
word. Plus they don't have anything other MF function that multiplies your existing MF.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Odds are, it'll take you from say 200mf to 250, as opposed to taking you to 300. So..add, not multiply.

Though frankly, making it multiplicative would be much, MUCH preferred.

Why you ask?

Because base farmers would be able to stay at 0% (since 0*1.5=0) as opposed to having to deal with a week of increased magic drops with no way to avoid it...
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Odds are, it'll take you from say 200mf to 250, as opposed to taking you to 300. So..add, not multiply.

Why you ask?

Because base farmers would be able to stay at 0% (since 0*1.5=0) as opposed to having to deal with a week of increased magic drops with no way to avoid it...
That's a good point. I guess farming bases is going to get a bit harder during the event, but its just for a short time.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago

Why you ask?

when are we going to get a
Gheed
's misfortune charm?
cougar wrote: 1 year ago
when are we going to get a
Gheed
's misfortune charm?
The only two that have ever dropped for me were a 20% and a 21%, no better than three 7% SCs. The 20% was even a
Baal
drop.

I'd say that's close enough. Or if you want to go OG Diablo style, it would do this, but because your pockets now have holes in them, not because you're taking advantage of a hilarious bug.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation