Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   937 views

Description

Hi,

I have a few questions in D2R.

1) I am a sorc. I am looking for builds. I am reading that some builds are for magic finds. For example, Blizz build is I guess a magic find build. How can a build or skill tree set up help for magic find? Isn't that based on mgic find rate attribute which is found in items only?

2) Does magic find help finding high runes?

3) I am in NM act 2. I've just started Act 2. Strange thing is I can enter the palace straight away without ever going into the desert areas such as
Dry Hills
Far Oasis
Rocky Waste
etc. Is this a normal thing? I can skip to Palace? Can I also get to
Canyon of the Magi
straight away?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi,

I have a few questions in D2R.

1) I am a sorc. I am looking for builds. I am reading that some builds are for magic finds. For example, Blizz build is I guess a magic find build. How can a build or skill tree set up help for magic find? Isn't that based on mgic find rate attribute which is found in items only?

2) Does magic find help finding high runes?

3) I am in NM act 2. I've just started Act 2. Strange thing is I can enter the palace straight away without ever going into the desert areas such as
Dry Hills
Far Oasis
Rocky Waste
etc. Is this a normal thing? I can skip to Palace? Can I also get to
Canyon of the Magi
straight away?

Schnorki 3186Moderator

PC
1: No build helps directly with "magic find" or item finding in general with the exception of barbarian builds that include
Find Item
as that does in fact increase your total drops. Traditionally, when folks refer to a "magic find build", they are talking about a build that a) is good at clearing typical farming areas (i.e. can deal with the more common immunities and quickly clear CS, pits or similar) and that b) can generally afford to drop some damage gear in favor of magic find gear while still keeping solid clear speed. That's why blizz is one of the oldest examples as a blizz sorc can still kill quickly in basically full MF focused gear and can handle cows and tunnels extremely well as well as deal with CS and
Baal
with a decent merk for the cold immunes. Plus a blizz sorc is extremely fast to gear sufficiently to start MFing with, making it a great starting MF char.

2: No. Magic find has no impact on runes whatsoever. Neither on the number of runes you find nor on the quality of the runes that do drop.

3: If the game was made by someone who already has access, the guard won't block you. If you happened to "accidentally leech" the prior quests, you also have immediate access. However, you still won't be able to take portals to canyon without killing summoner first.
2) number of players in game increase a chance of getting a rune
Few things to help guide you. People reference magic find and clear speed. Thats a really impoortant ratio espeically considering magic find has diminishing returns. ie. If you can clear
Mephisto
in 30 seconds with 100 magic find or it takes you 2 minutes with 600 magic find, you would be better off having better items to kill faster, with 100 MF. your first 1-200 mf or so is the sweet spot (thats where most of your MF comes from) going from 200 to 400 does NOT increase your chance of finding magic items by 100 percent.

Focus on areas you can clear quickly with around 100-200 MF.

Finally look up MR Llaumasc on Youtube. All his videos talk about what your asking here. Hope that helps.

This is the build I use to MF with https://www.icy-veins.com/d2/blizzard-f ... ress-build.
My sorc has around 450 MF with decent clear speed.

NON LADDER THIS IS NON LADDER NON NON LADDER ALL TRADES ARE NON LADDER

NON LADDER THIS IS NON LADDER NON NON LADDER ALL TRADES ARE NON LADDER
What I suggest for a Sorc is going with full
Tal
's set and
Hydra
-orb hybrid to get speed. Orb requires no synergy to be effective and fully synergied
Hydra
provide good speed including use chance of
Fireball
Tal
's set is relatively easy to obtain and you can complete it wit Spirit,
Chance Guards
an War Traveller. CtA and another Spirit, of course, complementary if it's possible. By this way, you can achieve 300+ MF with fast clear speed for almost every farm area. I'm using it with A5
Frenzy
merc wieldin Grief and Lawbringer I'm completely satisfied.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
OP
jarheads0331 wrote: 1 year ago
Few things to help guide you. People reference magic find and clear speed. Thats a really impoortant ratio espeically considering magic find has diminishing returns. ie. If you can clear
Mephisto
in 30 seconds with 100 magic find or it takes you 2 minutes with 600 magic find, you would be better off having better items to kill faster, with 100 MF. your first 1-200 mf or so is the sweet spot (thats where most of your MF comes from) going from 200 to 400 does NOT increase your chance of finding magic items by 100 percent.

Focus on areas you can clear quickly with around 100-200 MF.

Finally look up MR Llaumasc on Youtube. All his videos talk about what your asking here. Hope that helps.

This is the build I use to MF with https://www.icy-veins.com/d2/blizzard-f ... ress-build.
My sorc has around 450 MF with decent clear speed.
thank you
OP
basicnecromancy wrote: 1 year ago
What I suggest for a Sorc is going with full
Tal
's set and
Hydra
-orb hybrid to get speed. Orb requires no synergy to be effective and fully synergied
Hydra
provide good speed including use chance of
Fireball
Tal
's set is relatively easy to obtain and you can complete it wit Spirit,
Chance Guards
an War Traveller. CtA and another Spirit, of course, complementary if it's possible. By this way, you can achieve 300+ MF with fast clear speed for almost every farm area. I'm using it with A5
Frenzy
merc wieldin Grief and Lawbringer I'm completely satisfied.
thank you
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
1: No build helps directly with "magic find" or item finding in general with the exception of barbarian builds that include
Find Item
as that does in fact increase your total drops. Traditionally, when folks refer to a "magic find build", they are talking about a build that a) is good at clearing typical farming areas (i.e. can deal with the more common immunities and quickly clear CS, pits or similar) and that b) can generally afford to drop some damage gear in favor of magic find gear while still keeping solid clear speed. That's why blizz is one of the oldest examples as a blizz sorc can still kill quickly in basically full MF focused gear and can handle cows and tunnels extremely well as well as deal with CS and
Baal
with a decent merk for the cold immunes. Plus a blizz sorc is extremely fast to gear sufficiently to start MFing with, making it a great starting MF char.

2: No. Magic find has no impact on runes whatsoever. Neither on the number of runes you find nor on the quality of the runes that do drop.

3: If the game was made by someone who already has access, the guard won't block you. If you happened to "accidentally leech" the prior quests, you also have immediate access. However, you still won't be able to take portals to canyon without killing summoner first.
THanks for the info

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...