Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   6788 views

Description

I never played a kicksin before and i saw a video from dbrunski
where he was killing ubers as fast as hell with a kicksin.
This video was 6 months old.

so i tried his build. but i am slower with the same gear and skills.
it seems to me, that there is an ias
Cap
now at 3/.../3/7.

Was there no ias
Cap
6 months ago?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I never played a kicksin before and i saw a video from dbrunski
where he was killing ubers as fast as hell with a kicksin.
This video was 6 months old.

so i tried his build. but i am slower with the same gear and skills.
it seems to me, that there is an ias
Cap
now at 3/.../3/7.

Was there no ias
Cap
6 months ago?
Yes, IAS kick frames used to be 2/2/2/2/7.
It is now capped at 3/3/3/3/7.

Relax and have fun!
OP
damn

when did blizz patch this?
in 2.3?
you need kick at 30. then she kicks 6 times instead of 5 and if you reach 36, it's gonna be 7 times.

OP
when i understand, the kicksin is slower now

now
3/3/3/3/3/3/7 = 7 Kicks = 25 frames = 1 second

before
2/2/2/2/2/2/7 = 7 Kicks = 19 frames = 0,76 seconds

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
When in doubt, go for 42 and 8 :P

The simple and painful truth is that
Smite
wins overall, solely due to being unblockable. You can still push kicksins to serious damage output, even with the IAS nerf. And you can push kicksin AR to equally top knotch levels so you hardly ever miss. But since all (mini) ubers except for
Izual
as well as DClone have a block chance between 40 and 55%, you REALLY need to push your sin to or beyond the limit if you ever want to compete with
Smite
because you flat out lose 40-55% of your damage to blocking alone which a smiter does not. You basically have to make up for that in speed which was obviously way easier pre-nerf.

As a result, you can still get her to competitive levels but you are far (FAR) less flexible on gear and you need to be significantly better geared than a smiter to get to even comparable performance, let alone better performance.

On
Izual
though, or generally any target that doesn't have block, a fully geared kicksin can annihilate any smiter.
Once block is added..not so much.

That same thing is part of what makes Javas such ridiculously good boss killers as the
Charged Strike
Bolts
cannot be blocked.
That is right. He needed the 2/.../7 that is why he used Faith Merc for
Fanaticism
, 15ias jewel and 20ias gloves.
The 2/.../7 is too fast so I am agree that it should be capped at 3/.../7

Relax and have fun!
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
But since all (mini) ubers except for
Izual
as well as DClone have a block chance between 40 and 55%, you REALLY need to push your sin to or beyond the limit if you ever want to compete with
Smite
because you flat out lose 40-55% of your damage to blocking alone which a smiter does not
With BiS gears, you can hit 80%

Relax and have fun!

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
But since all (mini) ubers except for
Izual
Smite
because you flat out lose 40-55% of your damage to blocking alone which a smiter does not
With BiS gears, you can hit 80%
image.png
Depends on the target. DClone is middle Ground with uber meph and
Baal
being the hardest to hit.

You can push DT well (WELL) beyond 20k AR actually though. I had even my budget assa sitting at 26k or something at one point. Plus lvling up further improves your hit chance (I'll just assume you weren't 99 in that screenshot). That pushes you closer to 90% against ubers across the board without any further buffs/debuffs. I'm relatively certain you could go so far as to push AR beyond 30k even without pre-buffing still but that'd probably end up cutting into some dmg choices to make it happen so not quite worth it anymore.

And if you're willing to
Sacrifice
whatever curse you're using or trade your merc in for A1, you can relatively easily get well past 90% hit chance and close to the 95%
Cap
Baal

You can push DT well (WELL) beyond 20k AR actually though. I had even my budget assa sitting at 26k or something at one point. Plus lvling up further improves your hit chance (I'll just assume you weren't 99 in that screenshot). That pushes you closer to 90% against ubers across the board without any further buffs/debuffs. I'm relatively certain you could go so far as to push AR beyond 30k even without pre-buffing still but that'd probably end up cutting into some dmg choices to make it happen so not quite worth it anymore.

And if you're willing to
Sacrifice
whatever curse you're using or trade your merc in for A1, you can relatively easily get well past 90% hit chance and close to the 95%
Cap
Without pushing the AR higher and IAS kick frames not bugger 3/../7, she skill hit more than smiter: 6.57 * 0.8 vs 3.57.
It is about 50% more hits.

The problem here is she can't finish the 5-10% last life as fast as smiter cause the +damage from Grief don't work with kicks.

Relax and have fun!

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Baal

And if you're willing to
Sacrifice
Cap
Without pushing the AR higher and IAS kick frames not bugger 3/../7, she skill hit more than smiter: 6.57 * 0.8 vs 3.57.
It is about 50% more hits.

The problem here is she can't finish the 5-10% last life as fast as smiter cause the +damage from Grief don't work with kicks.
Well, sadly not quite. Not on most of the ubers and such at least.

Lvl 36 for 7 kicks leaves you with 7 kicks per second at max attack speed. If you assume an 80% hit chance and a 50% block rate, that's down to 2.8 actually successful hits per second.
A capped 6-frame smiter on the other hand is at 4.16 hits per second against the same target.
If you're looking at
Izual
though (so no block) then yeah, she's at 5.6 successful hits per second and just leaves a smiter eating dust.

For comparison's sake, if you can push her to 95% hit, you're at 3.325 successful hits per second which is the best you could ever get at 7 kicks against a 50% blocking target. Still less than a smiter but significantly closer to it. Pushing to 8 kicks gets you to almost 3.4 but likely costs you too much to make that worth it.

Agreed though, no Grief bonus is kind of a bummer. Though I also kind of like that part as it really opens up your weapon choices. Otherwise you'd just be defaulted to Grief as so many builds are.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
I remember that insane uber kicksin video before ias breakpoints were fixed, that is sadly no longer possible. Here is an insane uber spearzon for a change :D

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...