Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   3367 views

Description

Its been long long tim when i started to play this game (the original Diablo 2), remember when they released the LoD (i was so excited about the new classes and uniqs), remember my first maphack, first dupe hack, pickit, chicken, tppk also for my first bot.

I know there was and always will be bot which is somewhere part of this game, people always wanna make money and quickly get ther items (easily). I remember when i started using bots i was up to the moon and back (as a young child) first
Tal
armour,
Shako
, soj, etc etc. And after a while the game had no point to play for me, but trading and botting. Every day when i wake up checked my sorc, checked the log file (what the bot missed) and headed to the trade channel where i spent hours for trading. What was the point of this? Honestly, i dont know. Something had to be, because i enjoyed, but as now i think back that time i just dont wanna play the way as i did before.

This is why i decided to buy the D2R on console (on nintendo switch, because quickly can play and stop at any point, and also dont have other consoles).
But soon i realised, this game (even if all reviews given 8-9 point from 10, also everyone said this is a perfect remastering of a game) just a low budge remake for switch... i dont care about the graphic, but the game just slow, and glitches everywhere and lagging (im talking about switch of course).
But you know what? I dont mind. I still enjoy playing even if i cant find other players only rarely, (because on switch no lobby, no list of games just like diablo 3 randomly chose a quest and wish the best, maybe there is a poor soul to play with!) but still nostalgic!

Joined here to diablo2.io not long time ago to see if i can trading some of my stuff with other switch users, and i found out there are quite few of us out there! This was so great, slowly changing-trading my gear/equipments on a fair price for new ladder.
But here we are i see people whoes selling 2-3
Tal
armour, 2-3 bk rings/sojs, hrs like 4-5 on 1 account. You can say if you spend time on mfing you can find these... blaa blaaa.. cut the b......
No you cant manually. If you are lucky you find 1 or 2 hr in a year and few uniqs or set from the rarest version/highes tiers. But the point here i dont care about bot users, my main problem the multy platform users whoes botting. They totally mess up the console users trade platform. On console there are no hacks for online play (yes there some if you patch your console blablaa..) and thats why i choose console to play with.
These bot users bought the game for all platforms (which mean 4 copies) and as this, it wasnt to difficult for blizzard to make 5m copies sold, because physically only a few million players there whit some of them with 3-4 copies for diffrent platform.
After a month or so on ladder, bots farmed items everywhere, and its sad...

Ps. As you maybe realised im not perfect english person, but hope this made sense and highlights some of the games weakness.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Its been long long tim when i started to play this game (the original Diablo 2), remember when they released the LoD (i was so excited about the new classes and uniqs), remember my first maphack, first dupe hack, pickit, chicken, tppk also for my first bot.

I know there was and always will be bot which is somewhere part of this game, people always wanna make money and quickly get ther items (easily). I remember when i started using bots i was up to the moon and back (as a young child) first
Tal
armour,
Shako
, soj, etc etc. And after a while the game had no point to play for me, but trading and botting. Every day when i wake up checked my sorc, checked the log file (what the bot missed) and headed to the trade channel where i spent hours for trading. What was the point of this? Honestly, i dont know. Something had to be, because i enjoyed, but as now i think back that time i just dont wanna play the way as i did before.

This is why i decided to buy the D2R on console (on nintendo switch, because quickly can play and stop at any point, and also dont have other consoles).
But soon i realised, this game (even if all reviews given 8-9 point from 10, also everyone said this is a perfect remastering of a game) just a low budge remake for switch... i dont care about the graphic, but the game just slow, and glitches everywhere and lagging (im talking about switch of course).
But you know what? I dont mind. I still enjoy playing even if i cant find other players only rarely, (because on switch no lobby, no list of games just like diablo 3 randomly chose a quest and wish the best, maybe there is a poor soul to play with!) but still nostalgic!

Joined here to diablo2.io not long time ago to see if i can trading some of my stuff with other switch users, and i found out there are quite few of us out there! This was so great, slowly changing-trading my gear/equipments on a fair price for new ladder.
But here we are i see people whoes selling 2-3
Tal
armour, 2-3 bk rings/sojs, hrs like 4-5 on 1 account. You can say if you spend time on mfing you can find these... blaa blaaa.. cut the b......
No you cant manually. If you are lucky you find 1 or 2 hr in a year and few uniqs or set from the rarest version/highes tiers. But the point here i dont care about bot users, my main problem the multy platform users whoes botting. They totally mess up the console users trade platform. On console there are no hacks for online play (yes there some if you patch your console blablaa..) and thats why i choose console to play with.
These bot users bought the game for all platforms (which mean 4 copies) and as this, it wasnt to difficult for blizzard to make 5m copies sold, because physically only a few million players there whit some of them with 3-4 copies for diffrent platform.
After a month or so on ladder, bots farmed items everywhere, and its sad...

Ps. As you maybe realised im not perfect english person, but hope this made sense and highlights some of the games weakness.

PC HC Ladder ONLY

intrested in:
-Pgems
-Runes
-Keys

Thank you!
Xuyami wrote: 1 year ago
If you are lucky you find 1 or 2 hr in a year and few uniqs or set from the rarest version/highes tiers.
I do not agree with this statement one bit. I've found around 10 HRs (
Ohm
+) and countless rare / top tier uniques and sets, playing 3-4 hours a day, 4-5 days of the week (when the game got released, I'm not playing anymore). I was also botting back in the good old D2 LoD days, same as you, getting super excited while checking my Sorceress' stash / logs. I was having way too much fun trading the botted items in the trading channel :D Best D2 LoD memories ever :)
If you play much and being lucky, you will get Enigma after 2 weeks of ladder.
After that, 1,2 HRs each week is quite normal.

So 1 month after ladder start, selling 4,5 HRs is nothing special.

Relax and have fun!

Schnorki 3186Moderator

PC
Aye, you can "easily" find 2-3
Tal
Armors yourself within a few days without botting. I've done that myself.

Given, most people won't but some will...some people will find multiple
Tal
's. Some people will find multiple Griffon's or BK rings or
Jah
or
Ber
or whatever. And some other people won't find jack squat for half a year. That's RNG for ya..in the end, it balances out.

Even if you don't find any yourself though, especially early ladder, there's a ton of people who don't realize that early pricing is quite different and still sell their randomly found
Tal
armor for a couple
Ist
. That in turn leads to folks buying it to resell for the
Ohm
to
Lo
+ it goes for early on and once they find 2-3 people (which isn't rare) to allow them to do that, they'll have 2-3
Tal
armors for sale, without having actually found a single one.

Those kinds of numbers are really not in any way evidence of botting. That's perfectly normal inventory.

Mind you, I am in no way arguing that botting doesn't exist and there's most certainly plenty of farmers out there who bot en masse. But it is nowhere near as wide spread as it was back in the olden days and for the most part, not something you encounter or deal with outside of places where said farmers can make direct money off of it (i.e. RMT hubs).
Well, except for the plethora of dclone walks of course...that's certainly direct mass farming/botting impact. ^^

Far as I can tell, there's two main reason for that significant drop in botting:
1) Bots are kept more secret and/or behind a paywall. Back in the olden days, you had multiple bots readily available to everyone for free. Now..not so much.
2) They're just not as necessary. You need gear? You come here, you trade for it, done. Back in the OG days however, you spent stupid amounts of time with non-existent or just badly made trading hubs or just with in-game trading, trying to find what you need, only to then overpay for it and subsequently have it go poof 2 games later because you ended up with yet another PoS dupe. You basically had to bot back then if you ever wanted to get geared in a way where half your shit didn't implode as soon as you joined another game. (Leave it to Blizz to "fix" duping in a way that made botting obligatory...)
Luckily, that's not the case now as dupes either don't exist yet or are so rare that there's (to the best of my knowledge) not a single documented case of a duped item existing and going poof on live servers.

[Side note: #2 is the reason I geared my chars up to full BiS asap and took gear farming/trading over lvling time without a second thought...had to get done before dupes become rampant again to avoid poofing]
OP
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago
I do not agree with this statement one bit. I've found around 10 HRs (
Ohm
+) and countless rare / top tier uniques and sets, playing 3-4 hours a day, 4-5 days of the week (when the game got released, I'm not playing anymore). I was also botting back in the good old D2 LoD days, same as you, getting super excited while checking my Sorceress' stash / logs. I was having way too much fun trading the botted items in the trading channel :D Best D2 LoD memories ever :)
[/quote]

Even with 450mf my highest rune from hell cows is a
Vex
, a random
Tal
armor from pit lvl 2 and a
Shako
hell andy. I know that ladder have a slightly higher drop rate, i realised. But i play the same 3-5 hours most of them mfing every day. And back of those days it was the same sadly...

PC HC Ladder ONLY

intrested in:
-Pgems
-Runes
-Keys

Thank you!
Vex
, a random
Tal
Shako
hell andy. I know that ladder have a slightly higher drop rate, i realised. But i play the same 3-5 hours most of them mfing every day. And back of those days it was the same sadly...
You need to take into account the fact that mf doesn't affect rune drops at all. All in all, it's RNG and some people will find tons of stuff in no time, while others, not so much.

Vex
, a random
Tal
Shako
MF doesn't affect rune drop.
RNG is RNG
I've found 2
Ber
in 1 month of ladder and only 1
Ber
in 4 months of non-ladder.
In non-ladder, I have end-game gears so the number of kills per hour is at least 5 times more than in ladder!

Relax and have fun!
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Aye, you can "easily" find 2-3
Tal
Armors yourself within a few days without botting. I've done that myself.

Given, most people won't but some will...some people will find multiple
Tal
's. Some people will find multiple Griffon's or BK rings or
Jah
or
Ber
or whatever. And some other people won't find jack squat for half a year.

Evidence? Well i know 2 working bot for d2r.
Also as you said its ballance out. Yes it does. And the bot users find a tons of good while manual players wont find cause the game throw out already a tons of good.
So no need evidence for that only blind people say there are no bots in d2r (i know you didnt said:)
But to be honest manualy i never find
Tal
armour in my life (found some good stuff) but with pidle bot i had to do thousands of runs for high tier items and thwre was days when nothing and after 4-5 high tiers. I know its not every mf run will drop hrs, but thats enough evidence for me if someone have too much good stuff on them (and i mean top runewords and top charms)

PC HC Ladder ONLY

intrested in:
-Pgems
-Runes
-Keys

Thank you!
OP
Everyone talk about luck yes ofc need but please... bots are there i know and who deny that thats definetly using them..
Mf doesnt matter for rune well thats true but the number of kill yes and a monster level. So theorly i should already found hrs but i didnt which is unlucky i get it. Dont get me wrong i dont have a bitter taste because of other players find them its about botting and yes there are botting im sure some of you guys whoes posting here using as well or maybe some of you guys just talks big, but to be honest i dont mind that. I just wanted to share my thoughts about the multiplatform problem.
I just dont like the way how few player posting tons-tons of high tier items cause for sure (ok 99% they are not luckier and dont spend more time with faming than others) they botting.
Yes you have buy the account but you buy 2 copy for pc you use one for only botting and when its banned at some poi t maybe a year later then they dont loose nothing. The point here you make 2 bnet account and buy another copy of the game its not the difficult and job done.

PC HC Ladder ONLY

intrested in:
-Pgems
-Runes
-Keys

Thank you!
Well. Life is not equal, just live with it!
Ignore thoses bots. Enjoy the game!

Same things happen in real life.

Relax and have fun!
as a lvl 98 farming xp from boss packs and now Diablo/
Baal
, finding taals arnor isnt "easy". found my first and only 1 at lvl 96. its all rng, but you can always trade everything else with value you find for multplie taals armors or verx runes or whatever.

as for cross progression, with or without botters, trading would be terrible without being able to cross trade. the player base for each console is so low. I was only able to get 1 single skiller charm wih 40 life on ps4, but managed to get the restf from pc traders. this was daily browsing tru traderie, purediablo, blizz site, as well as here. all this from late january till my last trade around 2 weeks ago.

it might not be too hard to get shakkos, anddys, taals on console, but highend items or perfect rolled items/runewords or 40-45life skiller gcs would be way more rare and more than likely be even more expensive without cross trades. that goes for all items honestly.
casual gamers and unlucky grinders would have even more trouble gearing up.
OP
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Well. Life is not equal, just live with it!
Ignore thoses bots. Enjoy the game!

Same things happen in real life.
Yeah thats true, and i enjoying the game definitely. And as you said this is a thing what we have to live with. I just wanted to say out loud 😉

PC HC Ladder ONLY

intrested in:
-Pgems
-Runes
-Keys

Thank you!
OP
TradenD2R wrote: 1 year ago
as a lvl 98 farming xp from boss packs and now Diablo/
Baal
, finding taals arnor isnt "easy". found my first and only 1 at lvl 96. its all rng, but you can always trade everything else with value you find for multplie taals armors or verx runes or whatever.

as for cross progression, with or without botters, trading would be terrible without being able to cross trade. the player base for each console is so low. I was only able to get 1 single skiller charm wih 40 life on ps4, but managed to get the restf from pc traders. this was daily browsing tru traderie, purediablo, blizz site, as well as here. all this from late january till my last trade around 2 weeks ago.

it might not be too hard to get shakkos, anddys, taals on console, but highend items or perfect rolled items/runewords or 40-45life skiller gcs would be way more rare and more than likely be even more expensive without cross trades. that goes for all items honestly.
casual gamers and unlucky grinders would have even more trouble gearing up.
Yes exactly! Also i know without crossplatform ofc everything would be more rare and expensive, but every item would have the value as its hard to find, because its an oldschool arpg not a modern grinding and collect thousands uniqs and sets as in few game as it is in diablo 3 for example. Spend your time leveling you character, collect the things and yeah that all about diablo 2.

PC HC Ladder ONLY

intrested in:
-Pgems
-Runes
-Keys

Thank you!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...