Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   144 views

Special characters bug out the sold to field.

No data yet

Bug Report

Description

Device: PC
Browser: Edge v94.0.992.5

Steps to reproduce: Add someone with a Special character in their name to the sold to field when marking a trade as sold.

Anything else to add:

If you try to paste their name in it shows no match: If you try to type the name in they show up on the list, but with "�" replacing the special character: I went with the second, thinking that selecting the name would be the best way to make sure it chose the right account, but it showed up blank on the trade post after instead: In hindsight I think pasting the name in might have worked, since at least the text would have matched. Oh well, no worries, but I figured I should at least report it. :)

Can be used to make Runewords:

EnragedN3wb 198Moderator

PC
Device: PC
Browser: Edge v94.0.992.5

Steps to reproduce: Add someone with a Special character in their name to the sold to field when marking a trade as sold.

Anything else to add:

If you try to paste their name in it shows no match: If you try to type the name in they show up on the list, but with "�" replacing the special character: I went with the second, thinking that selecting the name would be the best way to make sure it chose the right account, but it showed up blank on the trade post after instead: In hindsight I think pasting the name in might have worked, since at least the text would have matched. Oh well, no worries, but I figured I should at least report it. :)
Fixedby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
Fixed in v1.0 - see patch notes here.

Special characters no longer allowed in usernames. Only ASCII, so that means no International Unicode like é either.

Teebling 6201Admin

Europe PC
I should really ban special chatacters in usernames... they're more trouble than they're worth.

OP

EnragedN3wb 198Moderator

PC
They really can be a pain >.> & there are so many of them... I tend to agree, even though I do use them sometimes when a name I always use is taken in a game or something.

Would not hold it against you if you did, but then I got the only name I care about on a forum already here. :P

Teebling 6201Admin

Europe PC
Fixed in v1.0 - see patch notes here.

Special characters no longer allowed in usernames. Only ASCII, so that means no International Unicode like é either.
This post was marked as the fix.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...