Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   424 views

Description

Just dropped this while looking for a hoz. Would this be good for an Exile?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Just dropped this while looking for a hoz. Would this be good for an Exile?
I doubt it, because it would be a waste of feature—Repairs 1 in 4sec

Schnorki 3686Moderator

PC
It wouldn't be a bad base but also not ideal.

The "base shield" discussion is a longer and subjective one, depending on needs and preference, though sacred targes do keep a top spot, thanks to having the highest base block. Vortex for top def. Zakarum for stable dmg with no base-spread.
Sacred Rondache
for 0.5 more average base
Smite
dmg. Kurast for...well...for when you can't get any of the other ones. :P

If you don't need the res, ed/ar is obviously fine as the shield mod. Since most folks do want/need the res however, ed/ar shields are typically dirt cheap, even when perfect, meaning despite the relatively high roll here, it wouldn't take much to get a 121/65, quite possibly with the p. 158 def on top. Personally, I'd hence trade for a perfect one before blowing the Exile runes. That is of course assuming you aren't SSF.

Eth
would come with higher defense but it doesn't affect
Smite
dmg. And since an Exile pally's def ends up ridiculously high regardless, it isn't exactly critical.
not ideal definitely, also it will depend on what char you want to use that Exile
A
Sacred Targe
is an excellent base to do Exile runeword because it has 60% chance of blocking. But i would do in a shield that grants at least +40 all res, unless you don't need resistance from the shield. Exile doesn't give resistances. Since Exile has the mod os self repair 1 durability every 4 seconds, it can be made at an ethereal shield, granting more defense.
OP
Alright! Thank you guys so much for the info! I appreciate it!
Mean, if you are going to be ending up with
Defiance
aura from it, not 100% sure defense stat is going to matter much when stacked with
Holy Shield

Other than 'me like big numbers on character sheet'
Bleh, what I mean is it pays to remember that defense doesn't reduce damage. It decreases chance to be hit. Thus why a barbarian can get away with killing
Diablo Clone
with 0 defense.

(That shield would get 449.8 defense on a perfect roll. +
Defiance
)

Could be looked at as just not having t to repair it. For me though I would levy the time it takes to find the perfect one vs. the time to get all the runes over again.

Vex
and
Ohm
are not that difficult to trade for. Not compared to a
Ber
anyway.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...