On paper, Act 1 Merc
Inner Sight
is, in many cases, better than Act 2 Merc
Blessed Aim
to increase hit chance.

Blessed Aim
however is always up, while
Inner Sight
depends on Merc will to cast it... and while I sometimes see monsters affected by
Inner Sight
, I have no ideia if we can force/encourage Merc to cast it in some way or it is completely random ... (and we can't count on it...)
Description by fredkid

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

On paper, Act 1 Merc
Inner Sight
is, in many cases, better than Act 2 Merc
Blessed Aim
to increase hit chance.

Blessed Aim
however is always up, while
Inner Sight
depends on Merc will to cast it... and while I sometimes see monsters affected by
Inner Sight
, I have no ideia if we can force/encourage Merc to cast it in some way or it is completely random ... (and we can't count on it...)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Schnorki 3622Moderator

PC
It's admittedly been a while since I bothered really working with an A1 merc (since they generally just kind of suck by comparison ^^) but from what I recall, their IS frequency was nearly 1/3 and equally felt like it was up quite reliably.

Mind you, that is only the case if/when said merc actually "attacks". Not when she's busy randomly running in semi-star-shaped circles again because her AI blows. Depending on your build and the degree of telestomping you force her into, she may very well spend so much of her time just running that she won't be doing anything useful whatsoever for you.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will typically be declined.
I used to use it with necromancer and occasionally druid, these days though I don't even bother. The skeletons aren't there for damage anyway. I always found it somewhat inconsistent even on normal difficulty.

Though I have had a little bit of luck with act 3 fire Merc for enchanting my skeletons, they don't have access to
Fire Mastery
to do pretty much the same shtick.

Mind you, with the
Fanaticism
(Faith) bow, Harmony, Edge, etc. the act 1 Merc isn't exactly a terrible option (
Vigor
or
Thorns
aura).

They do have a habit of suffering critical existence failure at the worst possible times compared to the other mercenaries.

In the end though there's no way to force her to use it, however I find she does cast it almost continuously, as long as she doesn't have something right in her face.

Anyway. Without having access to a spare Faith bow, Bramble armour, Delirium/Dream/Flickering Flame
Helm
I usually don't bother with her.
In my humble opinion, a Harmony Merc can be a very solid option for some classes (Poisonmancer/Strafezon without Enigma or summon classes come to mind).

The speed bonus is very convenient to me and my party and can be more impactful than a pure damage aura.

I consider
Inner Sight
a small bonus, not the main reason to choose an A1 merc.

ElSolDolLol

For low items I also accept: Perfect Amys,
Ral
Hel
, Tokens, Keys. Please don't offer runes lower than
Pul
(with the named exceptions).

NO PM OFFERS PLEASE! BE FAIR AND WRITE INTO THE THREAD :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...