Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   270 views

Description

As the title says, the journey came to an end. A very, very distant end, after 15 years and 3 days.

It all starter in 2009 when I began playing Diablo 2 - Lord of Destruction on my old PC. My first character was a Paladin. It was a pleasant game and seemed quite easy I may say (at least Normal and Nightmare). At that time I hadn't had internet access at home and I was playing offline. I didn't had all the knowledge I have today about the game's mechanics, synergies and point allocation and all good stuff that make the end game items so powerful. I was unaware of runewords and saw the runes quite useless (only some minor improvements over the
Perfect Gems
when socketing).

As I said, Normal and Nightmare were easy peasy but when I reached Hell I felt the effect of poorly points allocation on different almost useless spells. I barely finished Act One and then I hit wall at the very beginning of Act Two.
The story was like that: Exit town, merc died instantly at the first pack of Dung Soldier s and I followed him seconds later. Resurrect merc, exit town, died again in seconds, resurrect, died, I went bankrupt and that was the end of the game for the next 15 years. Never played again until last Easter when the Passion reignited. The old PC is at my mother house in the country side and I'm not going there to often or have time to play.

I then bought the D2 Resurrected and played a lot since then, maybe too much (if Battlenet had a time counter like Steam I think I would be worried about that time spent on the game). I managed to level a
Hydra
Sorceress to 99 and now I'm on course to reach the same level with her cousin, Paladin, now level 97.

Last week I was visiting my mother and played again continuing my first char's journey that finally got to the end reaching level 84 when killed
Baal
. A journey that lasted 15 years and 3 days (5th of June 2009 - 8th of June 2024). At the exact 15 years mark I was at World Stone Keep 2 but took a couple of days break, until June, 8.

At Resurrected I'm right now at 93% of Holy Grail (502 of 539 items found) and after I'll reach level 99 with my Paladin I guess I'll play a Necromancer or Assassin.
Description by Florian_G

Can be used to make Runewords:

As the title says, the journey came to an end. A very, very distant end, after 15 years and 3 days.

It all starter in 2009 when I began playing Diablo 2 - Lord of Destruction on my old PC. My first character was a Paladin. It was a pleasant game and seemed quite easy I may say (at least Normal and Nightmare). At that time I hadn't had internet access at home and I was playing offline. I didn't had all the knowledge I have today about the game's mechanics, synergies and point allocation and all good stuff that make the end game items so powerful. I was unaware of runewords and saw the runes quite useless (only some minor improvements over the
Perfect Gems
when socketing).

As I said, Normal and Nightmare were easy peasy but when I reached Hell I felt the effect of poorly points allocation on different almost useless spells. I barely finished Act One and then I hit wall at the very beginning of Act Two.
The story was like that: Exit town, merc died instantly at the first pack of Dung Soldier s and I followed him seconds later. Resurrect merc, exit town, died again in seconds, resurrect, died, I went bankrupt and that was the end of the game for the next 15 years. Never played again until last Easter when the Passion reignited. The old PC is at my mother house in the country side and I'm not going there to often or have time to play.

I then bought the D2 Resurrected and played a lot since then, maybe too much (if Battlenet had a time counter like Steam I think I would be worried about that time spent on the game). I managed to level a
Hydra
Sorceress to 99 and now I'm on course to reach the same level with her cousin, Paladin, now level 97.

Last week I was visiting my mother and played again continuing my first char's journey that finally got to the end reaching level 84 when killed
Baal
. A journey that lasted 15 years and 3 days (5th of June 2009 - 8th of June 2024). At the exact 15 years mark I was at World Stone Keep 2 but took a couple of days break, until June, 8.

At Resurrected I'm right now at 93% of Holy Grail (502 of 539 items found) and after I'll reach level 99 with my Paladin I guess I'll play a Necromancer or Assassin.
Nice journey! Thanks for sharing! :)

I won't be able to complete any trades due to vacation between June 10 and July 7.

Thanks for understanding and good luck hunting!

Necrarch 1808Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Congrats, great story !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

mhlg 1023

Americas PC
Wow, that sounds like quite the odyssey. Congratulations!

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Amazin'.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...