Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   389 views

Description

Hey all,

I just wanted to share something funny from Last Epoch.
They put in a mob called Jahith Bear :D

The mob teleports to you when attacking and they even painted the runes on its fur :D

That is a nice nod to Diablo2. I like it.
Description by Crispin

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey all,

I just wanted to share something funny from Last Epoch.
They put in a mob called Jahith Bear :D

The mob teleports to you when attacking and they even painted the runes on its fur :D

That is a nice nod to Diablo2. I like it.

OP
On a side note, the devs seem to be big fans of old Blizzard because the traders and story npcs greet you and answer with many lines from WoW, for example the "What brings you here?" you hear quite often. It even sounds sometimes like straight from WoW.

Also a nice little detail.

Schnorki 3214Moderator

PC
That is one adorable bear :D

Love the mirroring and slight variation to avoid lawsuits, lol.

mhlg 878

Americas PC
Windergard was talking about the Last Epoch during his recent stream. Has anyone tried it, and if so how is it?

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Enigma bear haha noice!

If I don't list anything specific for what I want for it just make an offer.
OP
mhlg wrote: 1 week ago
Windergard was talking about the Last Epoch during his recent stream. Has anyone tried it, and if so how is it?
I am playing it at the moment.
I need to mention that I have not tried Path of Exile ever. Apart from that I like it and for me it is more fun than Diablo4. The combat feels powerful and you can feel the skills, items, resistances and their changes.

There is A LOT more loot than in Diablo or any other game I have played yet. The game has a loot filter and you need it. There are tons of uniques, set items and mechanics. I also find the skill system quite interesting: You choose a base class from Paladin, Rogue, Mage, Druid or Necro. You can then specialize further in the game and you cannot change your specialization and need to start a new char if you want another one.

There are some wild things which I find quite fun: There is no Barb and the Paladin has WW and
Charge
:D
The Druid can be a Shaman with a certain specialization and the Rogue can be a hunter. All quite nice.

You have passive talents and you also level your skills. This is quite versatile and it is not as much as Path of Exile (from the skill trees I have seen), but more than enough to definitely satisfy both loot goblins and stat nerds. It's a good mix and fun to play.

I also want to mention that you can't just stand in stuff like in Diablo if your char is strong enough. The game has, especially with bosses, more like a WoW approach. If you have a strong char (which I have two of) you still cannot just stand in the fire. Bosses will still be able to oneshot you and you need to play mechanics, which means, like in WoW: Don't stand in the fire.

The leveling is good, too. You level at a good speed and it doesn't get boring or tedious until level 85. After that leveling slows down and takes longer until you reach 100, which is not so bad because you almost have all skill points and with 85 you are in the end game part.

Edit:
I just remembered another interesting thing I wanted to mention. You can target farm items for your build. There is a lot of variation in builds and you can fine tune quite a lot in builds, which is nice. There are several mechanics to target farm items you need.

Also, there is a good page where you can check builds:
https://www.lastepochtools.com

mhlg 878

Americas PC
Bosses will still be able to oneshot you and you need to play mechanics, which means, like in WoW: Don't stand in the fire.
Sounds interesting. I'll look into it some more because I'm looking for a couple games that I can play on my laptop while traveling.
Bosses will still be able to oneshot you and you need to play mechanics, which means, like in WoW: Don't stand in the fire.
Tell that to my mercenary on our next trip to
Travincal
! :D

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

TheDoo 251

Europe PC
Your info about the game kinda reminds me of "Titan Quest" (about loot, leveling, classes, etc.), it's just combined with the Diablo/WoW-like in-game World/atmosphere. That can be fun to play!

That's one Mysterious Bear, hehe

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
Last Epoch didn't want to be out-done by Path of Exile's Plummeting Ursas!

(Aussies will understand the reference.)

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

OP
TheDoo wrote: 1 week ago
Your info about the game kinda reminds me of "Titan Quest" (about loot, leveling, classes, etc.), it's just combined with the Diablo/WoW-like in-game World/atmosphere. That can be fun to play!

That's one Mysterious Bear, hehe
hm, hm. I thought Titan Quest was not as refined as Last Epoch. If I remember correctly it didn't matter what items you used because you didn't feel a difference.

But, they are making Titan Quest 2:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1154 ... _Quest_II/

Maybe it will be better with competition like Last Epoch, Path of Exile2 and Diablo4.

TheDoo 251

Europe PC
Crispin wrote: 1 week ago

hm, hm. I thought Titan Quest was not as refined as Last Epoch. If I remember correctly it didn't matter what items you used because you didn't feel a difference.

Maybe it will be better with competition like Last Epoch, Path of Exile2 and Diablo4.
Oh you definitely felt the difference... However some builds/combos were waaaay too OP, even more than some builds in D2 that might have had something to do with that feeling. xd
I played that game a lot. Like, a lot (probably had about 10k hours on it) -- 50-50 in co-op with my father as well as alone. That game definitely went places, although some things WERE finicky af. TQ2 might be something to look forward to, yeah! I really wish they won't trash it like what happened to yet another superb RPG game called Dungeon Siege (oh boy that game had some innovative/sublime ideas and mechanics).

Didn't play Last Epoch but after this post will definitely look into it. Thanks buddy! :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
OP
TheDoo wrote: 1 week ago
Crispin wrote: 1 week ago

Oh you definitely felt the difference... However some builds/combos were waaaay too OP, even more than some builds in D2 that might have had something to do with that feeling. xd
I played that game a lot. Like, a lot (probably had about 10k hours on it) -- 50-50 in co-op with my father as well as alone. That game definitely went places, although some things WERE finicky af. TQ2 might be something to look forward to, yeah! I really wish they won't trash it like what happened to yet another superb RPG game called Dungeon Siege (oh boy that game had some innovative/sublime ideas and mechanics).

Didn't play Last Epoch but after this post will definitely look into it. Thanks buddy! :)
Yeah, I remember Dungeon Siege. I especially liked the mechanic that you could train your chars and they could learn stuff they didn't know before. That reminded me of Dungeon Master where this was possible as well.

You're welcome. I will look into it, too.

OP
A better shot of the adorable bear :D

MOX 20

Sorceress Americas PC
D2 forever! i really want more content for D2R, please blizzard do it! :)

There is one rule, above all others, for being a man. Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
al'Lan Mandragoran ("The Great Hunt" by Robert Jordan)

Trades: NL/SC
Time Zone: GMT-3 (Buenos Aires - Argentina)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...