Description by ShadowHeart

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3214Moderator

PC
Well...what kind of necro though? :P

Necrarch 1663Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Necro Summoner to play safe is perfect for HC ! Biggest danger is normal Diablo

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

ShadowHeart 1850Moderator

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 week ago
Necrarch wrote: 1 week ago
What works SSF, untwinked? Both poison and Bone requires gear to work (+skills), right? I'm not a necro expert by any means, so my thinking is that pure summoner is a better approach for this playthrough.

Also, I got delayed a bit with my intended start, I'll get started shortly. :)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
You need too many pieces in order to make poisoner work. Bonemancer can do it, even without +skills grand charms the damage is solid. The safest choice would be summoner, now that
Teleport
is out of discussion.

All my trades are Non Ladder.
Usually available between 7 and 11 pm during the week (UTC+02:00 time) and most of the day on weekends.

Mixed trades:
Hel
= 6
Perfect Gems

Perfect Amethyst
= 4
Perfect Gems

Ral
= 2
Perfect Gems

Perfect Skull
= 2
Perfect Gems
OP

Europe PC
Well, it has begun, I guess I'll start out as summoner and see which direction I take it :)
All who oppose me... beware.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.

Necrarch 1663Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Good luck buddy. Don't forget to quickly put 1 point in
Bone Armor
and
Clay Golem
, they are great life savers !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I'm betting on your success this time. Good luck!!! :)

Usually available between 7 and 11 pm during the week (UTC+02:00 time) and most of the day on weekends.

Mixed trades:
Hel
= 6
Perfect Gems

Perfect Amethyst
= 4
Perfect Gems

Ral
= 2
Perfect Gems

Perfect Skull
= 2
Perfect Gems
If you complete all quest (including Forgotten Tower), I'll bet on how you will die:

Goatman
(Hell Clan)
Act I
Tower Cellar 1-5 - Forgotten Tower
Hell

You will be surrounded by a pack of Fanatic Ultrafast Hell Clan just when you enter the door to a deeper level of the tower.
OP

Europe PC
Florian_G wrote: 1 week ago
If you complete all quest (including Forgotten Tower),
I'm not necessarily doing all quests, the goal is only to defeat
Baal
on Hell.
That said, I will go into
The Forgotten Tower
, I always go there at least once per difficulty. :)

OP

Europe PC
Shopped this little baby xD

Schnorki 3214Moderator

PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 week ago
Necrarch wrote: 1 week ago
What works SSF, untwinked? Both poison and Bone requires gear to work (+skills), right? I'm not a necro expert by any means, so my thinking is that pure summoner is a better approach for this playthrough.

Also, I got delayed a bit with my intended start, I'll get started shortly. :)
Part of the beauty of a necro is that basically all necro builds have fallback elements, meaning there is no hard immunity wall and they all work everywhere (albeit obv not always at 100%).

Summoners get phys and mage elements by default with CE thrown on top if desired.
Bone and poison automatically have a point in CE no matter what.
All of them should have a point in amp dmg so that - if bad comes to worse - you can still break most phys immunities for your merc (and half your CE dmg).

Beyond that, if you prefer a bit more safety, you get insane CC ability via
Dim Vision
and the like for next to no skill point cost (or literally none if you just get it on a swap
Wand
/head).

Clay Golem
is a 1 pt wonder (or 3 with mastery + resist I guess) that when combined with decrep basically renders most bosses innert.

There's really plenty of ways to deal with pretty much anything in all main builds (or off-builds even) so..just go with whatever feels fun. :)

Some general pros and cons:
- Summoners are about as gear-free and lazy as it gets but do rely very heavily on said summons, meaning in situations where they just don't work as well due to spacing (e.g. maggot lair) or in situations where they just don't survive (quite possible on e.g. dia early on due to spamming aoe fire rings) you either take forever to get stuff done or you take even longer running off, slowly rebuilding your summons army and trying again. Plus you have to start from scratch every new game which can be painful especially as you transition into the next difficulty level as you yourself really aren't all that good at killing stuff for the initial corpses needed.

- Bone is a bit more gear reliant (but works perfectly fine as SSF regardless). You won't have an army tanking for you but you do get the added benefit of your dmg synergies automatically buffing your
Bone Armor
by what is frankly a ridiculous amount relatively speaking: every point in
Bone Wall
or
Bone Prison
adds just as much as a point in
Bone Armor
itself would so solely maxing your dmg synergies, you're looking at what would essentially be a lvl 41
Bone Armor
(except at lower mana cost than an actual lvl 41
Bone Armor
^^). Plus prison/wall are insane as a defensive tool themselves if ever you do need a (spammable) get-out-of-jail-free card. Magic immunity obviously hurts you (pretty hard) as you wait for your merc to prep some bodies to CE with as a fallback but luckily, those are far and few between.

- Poison is probably the most gear reliant of the three but it can still be a viable progression build regardless. Resistances are a bit more common/annoying than for Bone but you do tend to by default go into lower res as well to help counter that in a lot of cases. Poison (much like summoners) also has the added benefit of being (FAR) less skill point intensive than Bone, giving you a lot more room for fun utility curses and all that jazz. One massive downside of poison however, specifically with regards to SSF progression, is that your only real dmg spell is
Poison Nova
Dagger
and explosion are both lackluster by comparison, with one additionally needing corpses first and the other being HC melee caster suicide. As a result, you'd likely just hate the way to 30 if you go for poison off the bat. Once you do get going though, it is largely quite facerolly and relaxed, what with basically zero positioning or aiming needed.

Personally, I'd always vote for Bone but then again, I've been hard-biased on that front for 20some years now :P
OP

Europe PC
Part of the beauty of a necro is that basically all necro builds have fallback elements, meaning there is no hard immunity wall and they all work everywhere (albeit obv not always at 100%).
Thanks for the Insight, Schnorki <3

I've never actually played necro solo. I've played summoner back in LoD, but as part of a duo with a friend. I've played poison necro in D2R, but as part of a duo with a friend. Never actually tried a Bone necro, though it's always been in the back of my mind as something I've wanted to try at least once. I'm not sure what path I'll take. I have limited respecs (the 3 you get normally), and I'll start as a summoner, and we shall see if I feel like trying out a Bone build, perhaps when I get to Hell later and can simply respec back if needed :)

image.png
That is one monster of a
Wand
!!! Up to a very good start.

Mixed trades:
Hel
= 6
Perfect Gems

Perfect Amethyst
= 4
Perfect Gems

Ral
= 2
Perfect Gems

Perfect Skull
= 2
Perfect Gems
OP

Europe PC
SnowSnow wrote: 1 week ago

image.png
That is one monster of a
Wand
And now this thing randomly dropped;
Now I have +5 to
Raise Skeleton
lol.

SnowSnow wrote: 1 week ago

image.png
That is one monster of a
Wand
And now this thing randomly dropped;

image.png

Now I have +5 to
Raise Skeleton
lol.
Awesome start!!! I think you are on the right track this time. :)

Mixed trades:
Hel
= 6
Perfect Gems

Perfect Amethyst
= 4
Perfect Gems

Ral
= 2
Perfect Gems

Perfect Skull
= 2
Perfect Gems

Schnorki 3214Moderator

PC
[..]
Now I have +5 to
Raise Skeleton
lol.
You're cheating again! :P
OP

Europe PC
You're cheating again! :P
What do you mean "again"?! Wait, I mean.... I would never! :P

OP

Europe PC
Back to the hell that spawned you,
Andariel

TheDoo 248

Europe PC
I'm worried... Because of if anything taught me in my 25+ gamer's career is whenever you have a perfect start/everything is going smoothly and you are full of luck something painfully unexpected happens that leaves you with a bitter taste. :|
But don't mind me, you can do it, Summoner Necro is a super-safe build apart from couple of points in the game (as others stated) which can be quite problematic/slow to pass/need grind (e.g. Diablo). Come on Mr. not-so-Shadow Heart, show us some of your magic (literally and figuratively)! :D

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
Go the Fishymancer!

Having brought three Skelemancers all the way to Hell
Baal
, the biggest single tip that many seem to miss is...

Decrepify
+
Clay Golem
= no boss problems.

Too many people seem to complain that bosses nuke all their summons. Having a point in both skills before you get to
Duriel
in Act 2 Normal ensures that all bosses are slowed to the point that your skeletons can out-heal any damage they receive. It will be slow... but extremely reliable.

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...