Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
29 replies   1239 views

What are the slots that, for some build, the BIS item is magic/rare/crafted?

No data yet

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

M1ck 332

Europe PC
atari wrote: 2 weeks ago
For magic items you can also have a look at this guide https://maxroll.gg/d2/items/valuable-magic-items
This is the best answer. I completely forgot about that guide and it is all in one article.
fredkid wrote: 2 weeks ago
Hi

(...)

- Rare/Crafted items that I never saw as BIS
Body
Shield
Belt

Weapon
My Barb has a crafted
Caster Belt
as BiS. Combined with 2x
Wizardspike
on weapon-swap it's a great way to reach the 105 FCR-breakpoint for his
Teleport
(on Enigma). Possibly the same goes for some other Melee+Enigma builds that needs a bit of FCR to reach a breakpoint as most melee doesn't get that much from the +1 skill on
Arachnid Mesh

Some rare ranged weapons can be BiS I believe. They have some unique advantages. Mainly the chance to proc amplified damage. If you get that on a perfect throwing weapon (along with ethereal, replenish quantity and tons of +damage / % damage) I believe it might be BiS for a throwing Barb.
Also on bows rares has the advantage (in addition to proccing amp) of potentially reaching up to 450% enhanced damage (where most uniques /runewords are 200-330 enhanced damage). If you get amp-damage, 400+ enhanced damage along with fools and/or multiple sockets from jeweler /mechanic I believe it just might be BiS, and at least a strong contender.

Also some melee-weapons can be BiS for pvp. Tough mainly because of player-made rules of banning Grief so that is a bit "artificial" - but if you're looking for value on pickup it still counts i suppose.
OP
Goggen wrote: 2 weeks ago
My Barb has a crafted
Caster Belt
as BiS. Combined with 2x
Wizardspike
Teleport
(on Enigma). Possibly the same goes for some other Melee+Enigma builds that needs a bit of FCR to reach a breakpoint as most melee doesn't get that much from the +1 skill on
Arachnid Mesh
While an option, unless your build wants a rare
Belt
over any unique/set, you can get the extra FCR from your rare ring and use a unique/set
Belt

Some rare ranged weapons can be BiS I believe. They have some unique advantages. Mainly the chance to proc amplified damage. If you get that on a perfect throwing weapon (along with ethereal, replenish quantity and tons of +damage / % damage) I believe it might be BiS for a throwing Barb.
Throwing Barbarian normally use a Ethereal
Lacerator
as BIS (33%
Amplify Damage
3)
Also on bows rares has the advantage (in addition to proccing amp) of potentially reaching up to 450% enhanced damage (where most uniques /runewords are 200-330 enhanced damage). If you get amp-damage, 400+ enhanced damage along with fools and/or multiple sockets from jeweler /mechanic I believe it just might be BiS, and at least a strong contender.
How can get 450% ed 🤔?
(i can see 380% with 300% ed prefix + 2 40% jewel)
I think Faith, Mist and Breath of the Dying should surpass the raw damage of a "god" rare weapon.
Also some melee-weapons can be BiS for pvp. Tough mainly because of player-made rules of banning Grief so that is a bit "artificial" - but if you're looking for value on pickup it still counts i suppose.
I think an Ethereal Breath of the Dying / Death should surpass the raw damage of a "god" rare weapon.

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
OP
@Goggen

I didn't know that weapons can have two prefix with ed (I thought they were mutual exclusive...) 😮😮
but yes you can get a 450% ed rare, at least on maxroll 😛
but it would be WAY difficult...
Odds of rolling selected values or higher: 1/2,302,455,529!!
(disconsidering any other affixes...)

I could build a "super" rare
Axe
on maxroll
5% lvl 1
Amplify Damage
on hit 70 ias 530% ed 250 ar repl
Eth

(actually: 5% lvl 1
Amplify Damage
on hit 40 ias 450% ed 250 ar repl
Eth
+ 15 ias 40% ed + 15 ias 40% ed)
Odds of rolling selected mods: 1/34,747,184
Odds of rolling selected values or higher: 1/111,150,680,774,399,980
https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/b71cp0n9

But giving the odds... on real life people would probably just get get a Breath of the Dying 😛😛

My Barb has a crafted
Caster Belt
as BiS. Combined with 2x
Wizardspike
Teleport
Arachnid Mesh
While an option, unless your build wants a rare
Belt
over any unique/set, you can get the extra FCR from your rare ring and use a unique/set
Belt
A ring could have been an option, but yeah: I do in fact want a "rare"
Belt
. Mainly for the 24 FHR. Combined with arreat's or g-face (whichever you prefer) that get's me past the 48 FHR breakpoint. Add +life and +strength on that
Belt
and it can't be beat imo.

Throwing Barbarion normally use a Ethereal
Lacerator
as BIS (33%
Amplify Damage
3)
Normally yeah. I'm not a throw-barb expert (I'm pretty far off actually), but I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that a godly rare would be BiS. Probably either as second weapon (in addition to
Lacerator
) for the double-throw or because a rare can have more damage compared to the 180-210 % enhanced damage on Lacerater. ... or it could even be a range-thing (again tough: NOT an expert on throwing barbs).
How can get 450% ed 🤔?
(i can see 380% with 300% ed prefix + 2 40% jewel)
I think Faith, Mist and Breath of the Dying should surpass the raw damage of a "god" rare weapon.
It's because rares can have multiple prefixes, so you can have both Cruel- (201-300 enhanced damage) + Master's (101-150 enhanced damage) prefixes. Combine that with fools (+damage and AR) and /or multiple sockets you can get inzane damage. It probably won't still win in "raw damage", but if you add the
Amplify Damage
proc into it you might have a winner (especially on p8).

I think an Ethereal Breath of the Dying / Death should surpass the raw damage of a "god" rare weapon.
No. For the same reasons as those mentioned regarding rare bows the godly rares can surpass Breath of the Dying and Death.
OP
Last thoughts about Rare Weapon x Runeword:
- Remember that Death has up to 49% Deadly Strike and 50% Crushing Blow, Breath of the Dying has 60 IAS, Faith has
Fanaticism
12-15 and Mist have
Concentration
8-12, both increase a lot your overall damage compared to a weapon with the same "raw damage"
- For melee weapons, you have to be very lucky twice!!! (one time to get the two high % ed prefixes and a second time for the item to be Ethereal)

Last thoughts about Rare Weapon x Runeword:
- Remember that Death has up to 49% Deadly Strike and 50% Crushing Blow, Breath of the Dying has 60 IAS, Faith has
Fanaticism
12-15 and Mist have
Concentration
8-12, both increase a lot your overall damage compared to a weapon with the same "raw damage"
- For melee weapons, you have to be very lucky twice!!! (one time to get the two high % ed prefixes and a second time for the item to be Ethereal)
Obviously there is no denying the luck required for the godly rares. That is a bit of a separate discussion tough imo. Looking past the luck-issue I'd say:

For Melee:
-Death has 0 IAS and this limits it severely. Even with the Crushing Blow and Deadly Strike on it I'd say it's mostly only for left-hand on dualwielders for this reason. For main-hand weapons godly rares tend to beat it.
-Breath of the Dying does have 60 IAS, but as mentioned in your own case the rares can also get a fair bit of IAS. 40 IAS will for most builds (along with other staples you'll likely use regardless, as Highlords and 20-IAS Gloves) let you reach max attack-frames either way, and the 60 vs 40 won't really make any difference.

The fact that the truly godly rare melee-weapons are in fact BiS (when excluding Grief) is generally agreed upon as far as I know.

For Ranged
Yeah, this is a lot more open (for the reasons you mentioned, and also the insane +max-damage on
Windforce
). As I said I believe it just might be BiS, and at least a strong contender, but I'm not certain on this one myself. In either case (as said) i don't expect a rare to win in "raw damage", but that it would have to come from the
Amplify Damage
pushing it over the top.
That's obviously a lot harder to compare, and my guess is that in the end the "winner" would depend on what you play against (p1 vs p8, and also what zone/density you farm). The curse is an AoE that can hit multiple enemies if you're facing large groups. On high density p8, like p8 cows, I think the rare might take it.
Skaijuice wrote: 2 weeks ago
The stuff that most don't bother picking up. :) #truestory
Question on this: can one also get +6 from
Charsi
if the White item that is imbued by her already has +3?
OP
fraggykrueger wrote: 2 weeks ago
Question on this: can one also get +6 from
Charsi
if the White item that is imbued by her already has +3?
No.
Imbue item lost all original properties (so no reason the seek an almost perfect defense armor or items with specific affixes)
(except for ethereal - forums/quest-tools-of-the-trade-do-imbu ... 53154.html )

And as
Charsi
create a rare, the max you can get is +5 not +6 (+3 to specific skill and +2 to necro / Skill tree)

OP
Last thoughts about Rare Weapon x Runeword
Actually for mele weapons (if you are seeking a rare with up to 450% ed), only worth to look the Ethereal ones
(as 450% ed on a non-ethereal is equivalent to ~267% ed on an etheral weapon of the same type, which is way less than you can get from Oath, Death or Breath of the Dying)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation