Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   1417 views

Description

Show us your favorite twinking gear and your setup for getting characters off the Ground. Here's mine.

I usually twink to get sockets (rather than paying for a rush because I find twinking more fun). As such, I usually pick a sorceress because of early access to
Teleport
and not having to negotiate the
Teleport
staff. So you'll see that the gear I've laid out is generally caster gear.

My favorite route is the gemmed
Hunter's Bow
with 4 jewels of envy. I picked the
Hunter's Bow
because it has decent attack speed and you don't have to run up to creatures and smack them. The sorc can hit often with this bow starting out, and after you get an A1 merc,
Blessed Aim
helps with hitting further. This bow is also great for the merc. So you can each be doing poison damage.

Next is the chest armor, which I use those same jewels of envy for.
This also doubles for the A1 merc. And you can probably guess the third piece.
Again for both sorc and merc. This does raise a problem though, which is how to get to the stat requirements for some of this gear. With this, you're running out of town at level 1 doing 200 poison damage per hit. And when you get your merc, she's doing it as well.

But you probably have stash space left for
As well as 6pd small charms which turn on at level 6.

I usually buy a
Belt
and switch to
Lenymo
at level 7. For
Boots
or gloves I don't have great standbys. Anything with FRW.

I take this to level 17 and then phase in the following:
- Stealth
- Lore
- Sigons chest and head for A2 merc -
Lower Resist
Wand

-
Skin of the Vipermagi

-
Nightsmoke

- SOJ/FCR
- Spirit Sword, Lidless
-
Magefist
- Oculus
- Skillers -
Shako

This gets us to Infinity, at which point you can breeze through to hell socket quest. I know that's not perfect, but it is very effective. Show us your gear, and tell us how you do it.
Description by departure

Can be used to make Runewords:

Show us your favorite twinking gear and your setup for getting characters off the Ground. Here's mine.

I usually twink to get sockets (rather than paying for a rush because I find twinking more fun). As such, I usually pick a sorceress because of early access to
Teleport
and not having to negotiate the
Teleport
staff. So you'll see that the gear I've laid out is generally caster gear.

My favorite route is the gemmed
Hunter's Bow
with 4 jewels of envy. I picked the
Hunter's Bow
because it has decent attack speed and you don't have to run up to creatures and smack them. The sorc can hit often with this bow starting out, and after you get an A1 merc,
Blessed Aim
helps with hitting further. This bow is also great for the merc. So you can each be doing poison damage.

Next is the chest armor, which I use those same jewels of envy for.
This also doubles for the A1 merc. And you can probably guess the third piece.
Again for both sorc and merc. This does raise a problem though, which is how to get to the stat requirements for some of this gear. With this, you're running out of town at level 1 doing 200 poison damage per hit. And when you get your merc, she's doing it as well.

But you probably have stash space left for
As well as 6pd small charms which turn on at level 6.

I usually buy a
Belt
and switch to
Lenymo
at level 7. For
Boots
or gloves I don't have great standbys. Anything with FRW.

I take this to level 17 and then phase in the following:
- Stealth
- Lore
- Sigons chest and head for A2 merc -
Lower Resist
Wand

-
Skin of the Vipermagi

-
Nightsmoke

- SOJ/FCR
- Spirit Sword, Lidless
-
Magefist
- Oculus
- Skillers -
Shako

This gets us to Infinity, at which point you can breeze through to hell socket quest. I know that's not perfect, but it is very effective. Show us your gear, and tell us how you do it.
I'm a big fan of
Hsarus' Iron Heel
and
Hsarus' Iron Stay
for very low level. You get fire res, cold res, life, frw, and a big bonus to def and attack rating. I'd recommend this over
Lenymo
since you're effectively using your sorc as a melee char in these low levels rather than a caster.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
OP
Knappogue wrote: 1 month ago
I'm a big fan of
Hsarus' Iron Heel
and
Hsarus' Iron Stay
for very low level. You get fire res, cold res, life, frw, and a big bonus to def and attack rating. I'd recommend this over
Lenymo
since you're effectively using your sorc as a melee char in these low levels rather than a caster.
Yea
Lenymo
doesn't have much a place. I usually start off by buying a
Belt
, and then
Lenymo
is good for really early casting and
Nightsmoke
takes over quickly and stays for the duration. Hsarus is actually what I used for boot last time.

I generally start phasing in some casting even before I'm done with the bow.

TheDoo 229

Europe PC
I would argue that for Act 1 Merc it's better to just put some rubies and roll with the fire one since gemmed bow with a
Ruby
or two can increase significantly dmg even on explosion
Arrows
. :)

Rixot's Keen
or
The Gnasher
are decent weapons until lvl 25 for melee (for later I have a spare Spirit sword in one of the shared tabs).

I usually just go with some low level sets that suit classes or just roll with some random stuff I find along the way (you don't really need anything special before lvls 15-20). I also literally have some random rare (no lvl req) javs that add like a bit of elemental dmg.

Stealth is almost a must for casters,
Bloodfist
and
Nightsmoke
are nice in general and Sigon's set is pretty much godly for Normal and can go and carry you easily thru 2/3 of Nightmare if needed.

P.S. On my other acc (or let's rather say on my father's acc even tho he's not playing there yet) I have like 6-7 mules each full of uniques from like One and Two Handers over
Spear
/Polearms to Chest armor, Gloves &
Boots
, Shields, Belts and Helms, Jewelry and Sunders and ofc Bows... If I need anything or I want to try some lower-mid level stuff I can just transfer it where needed but I found out that I don't really bother anymore -- as I said I just stick with couple of Sigon pieces or some class friendly sets and use anything else I find along the way. I also have a lot of different builds (plethora of off-meta ones so I can just swap between them and a new one whatever I need). :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
OP
It's probably worth mentioning that there is such a thing as a septic grand charm of blight which has no level requirement and offers 23 poison damage each. There's room for 4 on my level 1 sorc. It does not exist on this site for trade, and is absent from any price check history here.

Over 100 dps and over 400 damage at level 1 with all possible best rolls on charms.
https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/hj1u209a

Necrarch 1618Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
For me, it's all about sets.
Arctic for Zon, then Iratha
Infernal Tools for necro
Sigon's for melee ones, but others work too
Hsarus can complete well anything.

And after level 20 options are just so numerous !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
some interesting stuff happening here!

personally with every new character. I like to start off fresh with nothing like it's Day 1 all over again.

once the character reaches level 75, only then do I consider bringing over other gear.

only with the bowmancer have I actually stocked up on low level gear to help make the run easier.

but not sure if you want to count my mules that leveled up to 80 using only set items designed for those specific classes.

other then those exceptions. I've always played fresh, naked and afraid. finding actual useful gear is the best part of any journey.

still tho, this was all useful information and appreciate you sharing Necrarch and others.

All Trades are Negotiable. Long Live
Nihlathak
Soultego wrote: 1 month ago
some interesting stuff happening here!

personally with every new character. I like to start off fresh with nothing like it's Day 1 all over again.

once the character reaches level 75, only then do I consider bringing over other gear.

only with the bowmancer have I actually stocked up on low level gear to help make the run easier.

but not sure if you want to count my mules that leveled up to 80 using only set items designed for those specific classes.

other then those exceptions. I've always played fresh, naked and afraid. finding actual useful gear is the best part of any journey.

still tho, this was all useful information and appreciate you sharing Necrarch and others.
I also do this ssf to 75 or all ssf
I almost always use for easy leveling Sigon's Complete Steel,
Boots
Belt
and gloves. The good people of world always trade it pronto.
Sigon shield( all resist socketed) actually goes very far sometimes even all the way to Spirit
Monarch
, on switch Rhyme shield for cannot be frozen.
Tarnhelm
is a must for headpiece and then Lore later on if you get nice
Great Helm
. XD
For armor Stealth or armor with 3x-resist runes
Ral

Melee characters get stuck around
Duriel
time and then easiest way to cruise is crushing blow and Strength runeword (too bad it cant be made into a bow or xbow)

Mercenary goes with life leech of any kind also act 2 merc gets Malice runeword until again Strength runeword.
Next thing you know your level 75...
Happy easter XD
2 piece Death set
3 piece angelics
Infernal Tools +
Hsarus' Iron Fist
, because infernal
Belt
is too heavy for a necro and shield provides 10 strength. I absolutely love Hsarus' Defense because of decent resistances and FRW.

My time zone is GMT+3, I am usually available for trades between 6:00-10:00 PM

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
OP
Online, you can give your characters items by dropping them in a game, leaving, and joining the game with another character. This can be useful for giving mules quest items like the
Horadric Cube
to expand their usefulness and available space. But you can also drop other quest items to prevent them from having to do the quest. I haven't tried this with everything, but I do know that you can drop a level 1 character
Khalim's Will

The will itself is a no-level-requirement weapon and can be used starting at level 1. It's a good weapon, with 1-40 lightning damage, 50% IAS, and dual leech. Pair it with some of the poison charms or jewels I was mentioning above and your character is a boss in Acts 1 and 2, and can run straight through A3 to the trav.

It's easy to fetch some of these items with a high level char that has
Teleport
. Most of my mules have a cube.
departure wrote: 1 month ago
Online, you can give your characters items by dropping them in a game, leaving, and joining the game with another character.
Just be careful with that... leave and rejoin before dropping anything to make sure the game is "permed".

I don't know if it still works in the same way, but before, a game needed to be running for several minutes before it was rejoinable. But once it is, it's a good way to move gear between accounts... as long as the server doesn't crash and your internet connection doesn't die for more than 5 minutes. :)

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

mhlg 859

Americas PC
departure wrote: 1 month ago
Online, you can give your characters items by dropping them in a game, leaving, and joining the game with another character. This can be useful for giving mules quest items like the
Horadric Cube
to expand their usefulness and available space. But you can also drop other quest items to prevent them from having to do the quest. I haven't tried this with everything, but I do know that you can drop a level 1 character
Khalim's Will

The will itself is a no-level-requirement weapon and can be used starting at level 1. It's a good weapon, with 1-40 lightning damage, 50% IAS, and dual leech. Pair it with some of the poison charms or jewels I was mentioning above and your character is a boss in Acts 1 and 2, and can run straight through A3 to the trav.

It's easy to fetch some of these items with a high level char that has
Teleport
. Most of my mules have a cube.
If the item is on the same account then why wouldn't you do the transfer through shared stash? If you happen to have a second account then you can join the game of the other. Either way there's no need to drop items, leave, and then rejoin to retrieve it.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
I'm sorry, but what is twink gear? Items that you use to level up?

If so, i keep a Sigon's and an Iratha's myself. And a random player dropped once a
Long Bow
with five
Perfect Emerald
in it. Man.... this bow took me straight through normal like a knife cutting butter.
OP
luizgeo wrote: 1 month ago
I'm sorry, but what is twink gear? Items that you use to level up?
Gear you get from previous characters to level a new one.
luizgeo wrote: 1 month ago
If so, i keep a Sigon's and an Iratha's myself. And a random player dropped once a
Long Bow
with five
Perfect Emerald
in it. Man.... this bow took me straight through normal like a knife cutting butter.
Long Bow
is good, but
Hunter's Bow
is faster.
Tal
runes are also good for early poison damage.
OP
I picked up a "septic grand charm of strength" in a
Baal
game that someone identified and dropped. 5 poison damage, 4 to strength, no level requirement.

The potential is for 450 poison damage using a
Hunter's Bow
(for speed) at level 1 before leaving town.
My solo-hellforge/socket pala aka MrSocket

Skill distribution until respec into Hammerdin around 65 for Enigma Stats:
  • Strg depending on Strg thru items until lvl 6
  • some Dex, at least around 30
  • No Energy
  • max Vita
Starting:
lvl 6: Should be noted that i use a
Hel
'd Perfect
Sigon's Guard

lvl 12: lvl 15: lvl 22: On NM, i add some Small Charms with resist as needed

lvl 41: Here i add some Captain's Grand Charms (Offensive Aura)

lvl 45: I keep on doing
Baal
runs etc. in NM until around 65 where i:
  • respec into default hammerdin
  • Get A2
    Holy Freeze
    Merc
  • Equip with Hammerdin Stuff: Enigma, HOTO, etc
then i do hell and quests

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...