Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   291 views

Description

Obviously I'm using this command offline. And it's not like, registering? I've experienced this a couple times now where the game doesn't seem to 'register' a change in /players command. Am I alone in this?

edit: seems like it's just the broken chat channel failing to display changes
Description by ghostpos

Can be used to make Runewords:

Obviously I'm using this command offline. And it's not like, registering? I've experienced this a couple times now where the game doesn't seem to 'register' a change in /players command. Am I alone in this?

ShadowHeart 1761Moderator

Europe PC
ghostpos wrote: 1 month ago
Huh, is the in-game chat broken offline as well? For some reason, I thought that was an online-only problem... smh @ Blizzard.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
It doesn't tell you anything when you set it to what it is already set to (i.e. no actual change). The setting is also remembered across games which (if you don't know/remember that yourself) would lead to a lot of 'setting it back to where it already is' and hence seemingly broken chat/activation.

Additionally, when you do change it, keep in mind it only affects mobs that have not been activated yet. So if you're say down in the cow lvl on P1 and switch it to P8, the cows right next to you will still remain P1 as they're already activated while those further away in the parts you hadn't been to yet will set to P8 once you get there.

Never seen it actually not work myself.
OP
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 month ago
ghostpos wrote: 1 month ago
Huh, is the in-game chat broken offline as well? For some reason, I thought that was an online-only problem... smh @ Blizzard.
Yeah I think it is broken. I started playing offline a month ago and I've seen it not working on several occasions.
OP
Interesting info thanks for sharing @Schnorki
I have an issue occasionally where the command isn't acknowledged, but the players count still changes. Restarting the game fixes it. Is that your issue?
OP
marl71 wrote: 1 month ago
I have an issue occasionally where the command isn't acknowledged, but the players count still changes. Restarting the game fixes it. Is that your issue?
Yeah exactly this. In fact yesterday I started a new game and the chat dialogue box spat out a huge list of /players changes from my previous games at once. I guess it was lag? lol.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation