Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   1284 views

Description

Hey Y’all! I’m a console player, i like my builds to be as easy to play as possible,1-2 main skills (sorry fire Druid), maybe a couple pre-buffs, little to no gear swapping, and finally as little reliance on pots as possible!

After watching that vid of a necro taking down the Ubers with a
Dagger
without using any potions (other than chugging antidote and thawing before) I’m inspired to try an make a newer version of “the immortal X”

I’ve played around with the ‘immortal’ sorc before, she has the built in
Energy Shield
, so it’s an easy & fun option. But it’s not the only one and it may not be the best!

Fade
for the ‘Sin, paladin has passive holy resistances and
Prayer
, amazon can
Dodge
, necro can spam Bone armour and have a million minions, Druid can shape shift and the barb can just have insane amounts of life (4 life points per vitality stat… and then BO!? that’s unfair)

A quick search in the uniques for ‘damage reduced by’, ‘absorb’ and ‘to maximum resist’ yield lots of results. So there’s lots of gear options too.

But what’s the most viable build?

I’m inclined to try out an immortal bladesin, or maybe some kind of paladin (immortal zealot?), an immortal bezerk or singer barb? or maybe an immortal Plague javazon (ha! Might still be more fun than the impaleazon i tried).

I still would like the build to be playable-ideally even on higher player counts, doesn’t need to clear content blisteringly fast, just fun to play.

Let me know if you’ve tried and would recommend any particular immortal builds!
Description by Nate2.0

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey Y’all! I’m a console player, i like my builds to be as easy to play as possible,1-2 main skills (sorry fire Druid), maybe a couple pre-buffs, little to no gear swapping, and finally as little reliance on pots as possible!

After watching that vid of a necro taking down the Ubers with a
Dagger
without using any potions (other than chugging antidote and thawing before) I’m inspired to try an make a newer version of “the immortal X”

I’ve played around with the ‘immortal’ sorc before, she has the built in
Energy Shield
, so it’s an easy & fun option. But it’s not the only one and it may not be the best!

Fade
for the ‘Sin, paladin has passive holy resistances and
Prayer
, amazon can
Dodge
, necro can spam Bone armour and have a million minions, Druid can shape shift and the barb can just have insane amounts of life (4 life points per vitality stat… and then BO!? that’s unfair)

A quick search in the uniques for ‘damage reduced by’, ‘absorb’ and ‘to maximum resist’ yield lots of results. So there’s lots of gear options too.

But what’s the most viable build?

I’m inclined to try out an immortal bladesin, or maybe some kind of paladin (immortal zealot?), an immortal bezerk or singer barb? or maybe an immortal Plague javazon (ha! Might still be more fun than the impaleazon i tried).

I still would like the build to be playable-ideally even on higher player counts, doesn’t need to clear content blisteringly fast, just fun to play.

Let me know if you’ve tried and would recommend any particular immortal builds!

mhlg 841

Americas PC
The most viable nearly impossible to kill build I've tried so far is a lightning Javazon. Great Dclone killer and she can run TZ Chaos solo or players 8 for an hour without using a single pot, and drops D with 2 or 3 hits. The downside is it's an expensive build. Some of her quip includes a COH/Enigma armor for occasional swap, Griffon's socketed with lightning die facet,
Blood Gloves
/upped
Eth
Titan's, Phoenix shield, T-Gods, War travs, highlord's,
Raven
's/SOJ, 70% Crack of Heavens. Merc
Eth
Hauberk Fortitude,
Crown of Thieves
, Infinity.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
^ is there really an advantage to upgrade
Eth
Tits ?

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

mhlg 841

Americas PC
Skaijuice wrote: 2 months ago
Eth
Tits ?
Lighting Jav's damage is both elemental and physical, and upping it in my opinion significantly increases physical damage.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Schnorki 3191Moderator

PC
Eth
Tits ?
You get about 40-60% more physical dmg (depending on if thrown or melee), solely from upgrading them. That's nothing to scuff at.

Given, in terms of your actual damage output it is largely irrelevant as lightning javas (melee or thrown) get the largest chunk of their dmg via the lightning effects which don't get buffed by more phys damage. But buffing the physical part of your damage output - even if it is the smallest part - does significantly buff your leech since that is based entirely on your phys dmg. Plus you would notice it on light immunes at least, depending on your overall gear.

Either way, with regards to this actual topic:
Define "immortal".

If you're talking about builds that can literally stand in packs of mobs, do nothing but still never die, then a sorc is hard to beat as ES covers so much of the needed reduction that you still have room to get some actual offense as well. Many other "immortal" builds will instead end up more of a pointless punching bag that may not die but also can't really fight back anymore.

If you're talking about builds that simply don't need pots and are never threatened during active normal play though..well, then the list is nearly endless as that would include damn near every half-decent build with a modicum of gear if played half-way correctly.
Personally, I refuse to use any build that needs/uses any sort of pot whatsoever..ever..and that is a perfectly valid benchmark for a ton of builds for every class.

The mentioned necro for example though in my mind doesn't even come close to qualifying as an "immortal" build. Given, he doesn't lose much health...but if you enable that solely by pre-chugging a crapton of res pots and gear-swap pre-buffing on top of that and then still merely trade red pots for blue pots and keep chugging those through every fight...kinda defeats the purpose imo. Any pot whatsoever = not self-sufficient + subject to running out and failing = not "immortal". Any gear swap buffing whatsoever = not able to just keep going without pause = not "immortal". Reliant on defensive procs = bit of bad luck means suddenly taking (too much) damage = not "immortal".
mhlg wrote: 2 months ago
Eth
Tits ?
Lighting Jav's damage is both elemental and physical, and upping it in my opinion significantly increases physical damage.
Life and Mana Leech are calculated on the physical damage done. A javazon is notoriously mana hungry and does very little physical damage. Doing enough physical damage for your mana leech to be functional is a great QoL improvement, if you either can't afford or don't want to use Phoenix.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
We had a small conversation over Paladin here:

forums/an-alternative-to-invincible-sor ... 64163.html

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
OP
So tried out an “immortal” bladesin, it worked, 90 cold/psn res, 95 fire/lightning, decent elemental absorb, physical damage reduction was good, not much danger. Damage was even decent, did the WSK P8, there were 2 concerns on my first trial: no
Teleport
, and run/walk was sloooow (only 30% from
Boots
and 3% from a charm), then there were a couple physical immunes… blargh.

Both could be mitigated I suppose with even more frw charms, and maybe a reaper’s toll merc.

I think I’ll give that pally a try, see how it works!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation