Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   849 views

Description

So playing through Venom is fun, it’s neat the way it can take all sources of poison damage and ‘compress’ it down to .4 seconds (doesn’t really compress, but whatevs).

There’s plenty of sources of Venom for a non assasin. Would be kinda cool to take the massive
Poison Dagger
damage’s duration from like 16 seconds to 0.4.

Seems like a straightforward build too: Plague, Bramble, trangs 3 piece, maybe a Grief on swap. Could potentially really 1-shot lots, maybe even add it to the “melee builds done right” category.

I’m totally going to try this!

Anyone else ever done it?

Can be used to make Runewords:

So playing through Venom is fun, it’s neat the way it can take all sources of poison damage and ‘compress’ it down to .4 seconds (doesn’t really compress, but whatevs).

There’s plenty of sources of Venom for a non assasin. Would be kinda cool to take the massive
Poison Dagger
damage’s duration from like 16 seconds to 0.4.

Seems like a straightforward build too: Plague, Bramble, trangs 3 piece, maybe a Grief on swap. Could potentially really 1-shot lots, maybe even add it to the “melee builds done right” category.

I’m totally going to try this!

Anyone else ever done it?

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Nate2.0 wrote: 2 months ago
[..] Would be kinda cool to take the massive
Poison Dagger
damage’s duration from like 16 seconds to 0.4. [..]
Never really played around with the combination much but...it should actually be the reverse of that. Which in turn makes it stupidly strong.

Generally, yes, poison damage is added to Venom in the sense that the dmg per tick is the sum of all tick damage. Venom then however cuts off dmg after 0.4 seconds for all of it which is why charms and the like become so much worse with it as they lose most of their duration and subsequently damage.

However, this is not true for (at least some) skills.
Poison Dagger
as well as Plague/poison jav actually do the exact opposite. They still add up all of the damage per tick but instead of dropping everything else to Venom's 0.4 seconds, it adds Venom's 0.4 seconds to the prior total duration. Effectively, because of that, Venom's damage per hit gets amplified (massively) and using say a
Dragon Shield
for a lvl 18 Venom proc should give you more than double the total damage per
Poison Dagger
duration, solely from the proc (around 2.2x, based on a quick look at maxroll) as the actual dps from Venom is far (FAR) superior to that of normal long-duration poison, what with being balanced around super short duration and all.

See also https://d2.lc/AB/wiki/index4ed5.html
Also
Rabies
^_^

Wonder how well it's going to do. Just one more week of wait.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
As a Necro Only kinda player. Can say Yes, I have a Melee Necro using
Poison Dagger
as his main attack. Was more as a Joke and try something new. Reached level 75 completing all Quest and left me feeling Satisfied. Tho must admit. out of the 9 Necros I've made. This one proved to be the most challenging and Yes, I did get online help along the way.

But with that all said. just couple days ago came across a neat little video of a guy running straight into the full pack of Ubers with a Melee Necro, No Heal Pots and Kills all 3 in matter of minutes! I'd share link but not sure that be allowed here so instead, here is the Title of said video: [D2R] Immortal
Poison Dagger
Necro Ubers (No Health Pots!)

EDIT: Wanted to add; Forgot about my Pyromancer. That one is truly the most difficult as he currently lacks DMG using only Fire Skills from Trang's (Not Full Set Yet)
Fire Golem
and of course
Corpse Explosion
. But would like to imagine that This build has the potential to be Potent enough to run through Hell difficulty (probably never ubers haha) But all I need him to do is Kill NM Andy for the very least. Out of 9 Necros, most difficult. but easily overlooked by the Fun Factor of this build

All Trades are Negotiable. Long Live
Nihlathak

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Soultego wrote: 2 months ago
[..]
I'd share link but not sure that be allowed here
[..]
You're perfectly welcome to share links/videos so long as they're legit and contribute to the discussion at hand (so..no random links to crypto scams and whatnot :P).

As such, just to add that in, I believe this is the video you're referring to?

I'd kind of cry myself to sleep at night over needing a
Belt
full of mana pots (or...any mana pot...ever...) but it does seem to work decently well. :)

TheDoo 216

Europe PC
Started that one as well (Toxic poker Necro), I think he is something like lvl 33 but then I stopped when I figured out I don't have runes to spare and make all the BiS stuff like Bramble and Plague. Well alt. a more budget approach would probably be Venom and Treachery but still... Didn't want to force myself do it, I still have a lot other weird ones that needs to be finished as well. :D

And yeah,
Venom: Skill
surely acts completely different than Amazon's poison ones or
Poison Dagger
(something I overlooked)! Definitely deserves experimentation and figuring out how to make them work (if even possible). :)

However, I did end up playing with straight poison Bowsin a bit more in past few days and I can say she is surprisingly nice and different. And yeah, I saw that
Venom: Skill
is kinda ruining it, but if you stay away from it and can stack up some pdmg charms and reach the lowest possible frames and add something like a
Widowmaker
to the mix it's actually fun to play (still tried it only on low players count)! Hehe

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
OP
Damn! That’s an oddly inspiring, yet also at times boring video.

He/she got away with much less +skills or +%psn damage than i though… i need to re-watch in slow-mo to get all the details.

Anyways i reworked my psn
Nova
necro to
Dagger
and here’s my set-up:
Head: +3 psn/Bone
Circlet
with +33 life, 2 x os w/ -8+10 psn facets
Body: +49 Bramble
Weapon: +2 skills Plague in a
Kris
(first 3os
Dagger
i could find)
3-piece trang set w/ -4/+5 facet in the shield
Amulet: +3 psn/bn w/ +26 dex (i can’t believe i have this amulet just lying around)
Rings: 2 x soj
Boots
: 47 aldurs
Swap: +3/6 cta &
Eth
Spirit
Charms: 19/19 torch, 20/20 anni, 6 x psn/bn GCs, perfect
Rotting Fissure
, then just a bunch of lightning res/life small charms that were already there

Merc is act 2 cold auras with Infinity

Skills: 60 into psn
Dagger
& synergies, enough points into
Lower Resist
up to lvl 20, enough for
Iron Golem
, rest into Bone armour synergies

*i also swapped a Dragon armour, whilst running around until hit enough to get Venom - definitely the least fun part, and it still only lasts a few mins*

Character screen says psn
Dagger
does 53k damage, with lower resists enemies should get ~-120 psn res

For my first attempt i tried to use an Exile for my IG, but i forgot Exile spams
Life Tap
… so that was a waste of an Exile, probably would have done better with a Beast.

Anyways even with all this it’s only OK on P7, slower than a WW brab but faster that a physical spearazon (with BiS gear). Like yea it’d absolutely wreck P1, probably P3, but on P8 it’s like: ok stabby stabby was a fun only when the thing dies from a single stab, more than 2 is too much for me to care! I got other things i want to do!

I guess i could improve a bit with 5/5 facets, maybe an act 1 Ice/Faith merc…meh
As a Necro Only kinda player. Can say Yes, I have a Melee Necro using
Poison Dagger
as his main attack. Was more as a Joke and try something new. Reached level 75 completing all Quest and left me feeling Satisfied. Tho must admit. out of the 9 Necros I've made. This one proved to be the most challenging and Yes, I did get online help along the way.

But with that all said. just couple days ago came across a neat little video of a guy running straight into the full pack of Ubers with a Melee Necro, No Heal Pots and Kills all 3 in matter of minutes! I'd share link but not sure that be allowed here so instead, here is the Title of said video: [D2R] Immortal
Poison Dagger
Necro Ubers (No Health Pots!)

EDIT: Wanted to add; Forgot about my Pyromancer. That one is truly the most difficult as he currently lacks DMG using only Fire Skills from Trang's (Not Full Set Yet)
Fire Golem
and of course
Corpse Explosion
. But would like to imagine that This build has the potential to be Potent enough to run through Hell difficulty (probably never ubers haha) But all I need him to do is Kill NM Andy for the very least. Out of 9 Necros, most difficult. but easily overlooked by the Fun Factor of this build
Can you share your 9 Necro? I'm also kind of Necro fan.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
OP
Forgot about my Pyromancer.
Ever tried Hand of Justice with your pyromancer?, even though hoto would probably be better.

I also forget: would sorc fire skillers buff the O skills? (
Fire Mastery
Fireball
, ect)

EDIT: sorc’s fire skillers and touch won’t buff the fire skills granted from the trang set, but yea staffmod +skills do…weird
basicnecromancy - Can you share your 9 Necro? I'm also kind of Necro fan

#1 Soultorch - Lvl 83 Offline Summon Necro (Refer to Diverse Sum Necro)

.. Rest Online

#2 Soultego - Lvl 93 Diverse Summon Necro (Has
Life Tap
Decrepify
Lower Resist
ect. but No
Fire Golem
) for Ubers

#3 Lichtego - Lvl 93 Direct Summon Necro (Only
Corpse Explosion
and Amp Damage with
Fire Golem
) for MF

#4 Bonetego - Lvl 90 Typical Bone Necro for Pvp

#5 Plaguetego - Lvl 90 Typical
Nova
Necro for Pit Runs

#6 Cursetego - Lvl 90 Basic Summon Necro (Has All Curses utilizing
Attract
and
Confuse
for Most Situations) for Fun

#7 Bladetego - Lvl 75
Dagger
Necro (in my mind thought of as a Glorified
Nova
Necro b4 seeing video) for Lolz

#8 Blazetego - Lvl 75 Fire Necro or Pyromancer (Uses
Fire Golem
only with Fire Spells from Trangs, but after seeing a Lightning Mage only vid, may Respec) for SnGz

#9 TrangOuls_Soul - Lvl 1 Balanced Necro (Created to use all Pieces of the Trang set) for Mule, I have one for each class created to Mule set/unique items

The only class I've made outside of Necro that isn't a Mule was a Druid but in my heart he is a Necro apprentice, Beartego.

Are there any other Necro playstyles that I missed? please let me know!

My next Necro will likely utilize range weapons. like bows/crossbows if possible. call him Bowtego

side note: how you guys do that quote thing? tried but failed ha

Nihlathak
basicnecromancy - Can you share your 9 Necro? I'm also kind of Necro fan

#1 Soultorch - Lvl 83 Offline Summon Necro (Refer to Diverse Sum Necro)

.. Rest Online

#2 Soultego - Lvl 93 Diverse Summon Necro (Has
Life Tap
Decrepify
Lower Resist
ect. but No
Fire Golem
) for Ubers

#3 Lichtego - Lvl 93 Direct Summon Necro (Only
Corpse Explosion
and Amp Damage with
Fire Golem
) for MF

#4 Bonetego - Lvl 90 Typical Bone Necro for Pvp

#5 Plaguetego - Lvl 90 Typical
Nova
Necro for Pit Runs

#6 Cursetego - Lvl 90 Basic Summon Necro (Has All Curses utilizing
Attract
and
Confuse
for Most Situations) for Fun

#7 Bladetego - Lvl 75
Dagger
Necro (in my mind thought of as a Glorified
Nova
Necro b4 seeing video) for Lolz

#8 Blazetego - Lvl 75 Fire Necro or Pyromancer (Uses
Fire Golem
only with Fire Spells from Trangs, but after seeing a Lightning Mage only vid, may Respec) for SnGz

#9 TrangOuls_Soul - Lvl 1 Balanced Necro (Created to use all Pieces of the Trang set) for Mule, I have one for each class created to Mule set/unique items

The only class I've made outside of Necro that isn't a Mule was a Druid but in my heart he is a Necro apprentice, Beatego.

My next Necro will likely utilize range weapons. like bows/crossbows if possible. call him Bowtego

side note: how you guys do that quote thing? tried but failed ha
There is a quote button on the top right of the post.

If I am not responding add me on Bnet and drop me a message!
UnjustJester wrote: 2 months ago

There is a quote button on the top right of the post.
Yeah I figured that part out already, should have specified. Cause I wasn't trying to quote a quote within a quote like say this for example. how would I delete my quote and only keep yours?

hmm, think I got it. did something wrong the 1st time. cheers thanks

Nihlathak
Nate2.0 wrote: 2 months ago

Ever tried Hand of Justice with your pyromancer?, even though hoto would probably be better.

I also forget: would sorc fire skillers buff the O skills? (
Fire Mastery
Fireball
, ect)

EDIT: sorc’s fire skillers and touch won’t buff the fire skills granted from the trang set, but yea staffmod +skills do…weird
yea actually I didn't know about this runeword. that's pretty cool, have double the fire aura. will have to experiment a bit with what +skills apply, pretty sure mage fist work

Nihlathak
OP

forums/presenting-the-renegade-arbalist ... 36716.html

I wanted to make a necro without
Corpse Explosion
, i was pleasantly surprised with how effect and fun it is

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...