30 replies   1982 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
basicnecromancy wrote: 3 months ago
On Maxroll, I tried to apply different gear combinations to swap Faith with
Windforce
to see if it's better or not but didn't understand the result.

With
Highlord's Wrath
(+20), Lying of Hands (+20),
Shael
in
Windforce
(+40), two ias Jewel on
Giant Skull
(+30) and Hustle armor (+40), the calculator on right hand side shows 73 ias. How could this be true?
The right-hand stats on the maxroll planner don't just show your combined ias, they factor in the base weapon attack speed. That's why you get those "odd" results.
Since you're looking at a full planner though, that value is also quite irrelevant to you.

Instead, look at the calculations tab, look at your different attacks you'll be using and hit the dropdown arrow on attack rate: The vertical blue underlay shows you which values you care about with the equipped weapon, the left is your speed in frames and the horizontal blue underlay shows you where you're at with your current ias. So in that example, you're at >=11 but <22 ias so 13 frames (just had WF equipped real quick for that screenshot) and moving up to >=89 for example will put you at 9 (which is a solid target speed for WF).

Do keep in mind that maxroll isn't correct on all calculations, especially IAS so it may be worth switching to warren for that part to make sure. But for basic attacks it is usually sufficient.
Schnorki wrote: 3 months ago
basicnecromancy wrote: 3 months ago
On Maxroll, I tried to apply different gear combinations to swap Faith with
Windforce
to see if it's better or not but didn't understand the result.

With
Highlord's Wrath
(+20), Lying of Hands (+20),
Shael
in
Windforce
(+40), two ias Jewel on
Giant Skull
(+30) and Hustle armor (+40), the calculator on right hand side shows 73 ias. How could this be true?
The right-hand stats on the maxroll planner don't just show your combined ias, they factor in the base weapon attack speed. That's why you get those "odd" results.
Since you're looking at a full planner though, that value is also quite irrelevant to you.

Instead, look at the calculations tab, look at your different attacks you'll be using and hit the dropdown arrow on attack rate:
image.png
The vertical blue underlay shows you which values you care about with the equipped weapon, the left is your speed in frames and the horizontal blue underlay shows you where you're at with your current ias. So in that example, you're at >=11 but <22 ias so 13 frames (just had WF equipped real quick for that screenshot) and moving up to >=89 for example will put you at 9 (which is a solid target speed for WF).

Do keep in mind that maxroll isn't correct on all calculations, especially IAS so it may be worth switching to warren for that part to make sure. But for basic attacks it is usually sufficient.
Thanks man, as I see as you said, my setup reaches enough IAS BP. Will try that as soon as I get a
Windforce

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
mohoo wrote: 3 months ago
Hi,
Sunder Charm +
Atma's Scarab
is a good start to deal with physical immunes.
If you want to clear faster,
The Reaper's Toll
on merc is a must.
Reapers only work well IF you can align ur merc to proc it… most of the times, you would most likely kill off the mobs with
Arrows
before the merc gradually stroll toward the monsters to hit them, unless you use Enigma to
Teleport

So i think if u r use Enigma, reapers toll is worth using on merc, otherwise, other runewords like Pride, Infinity might work better

Can trade on PC or SWITCH

mohoo 18

Europe PC
d2rppa69 wrote: 3 months ago
Hi,
Sunder Charm +
Atma's Scarab
The Reaper's Toll
on merc is a must.
Reapers only work well IF you can align ur merc to proc it… most of the times, you would most likely kill off the mobs with
Arrows
before the merc gradually stroll toward the monsters to hit them, unless you use Enigma to
Teleport

So i think if u r use Enigma, reapers toll is worth using on merc, otherwise, other runewords like Pride, Infinity might work better

So far I don't really feel the need of a supplemental boost provided by Pride or Infinity.
It all depends on the type of activities you are focus on, and the level of your high level rune stash, to afford crafting these runewords :-)
Personnally I farm mainly on P1 TZ or various areas, and with WF + Fortitude +
Laying of Hands
, you already have a quite efficient clearing machine !

I also like the fact that the Merc play a role in some situations, and is not reduced to a passive "aura bringer".
I usually clear quite fast most of what I met on the road, but when a group of PI remind me that they also want their part of fun, I like to see my merc coming to rescue, saying "Okay, let me handle that for you ! " :-)

But it is of course a matter of personnal preferences.

Maybe some day I will be rich enough to craft a Pride, and see if it overall outperforms
The Reaper's Toll
(which is probably true), ... and hope my merc will forgive me ;-)

Necrarch 1615Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
You can also use another merc. My Sazabi+Plague act5
Frenzy
is quick enough to be useful, brings
Cleansing
and strikes
Lower Resist
(if I want to switch to
Lightning Fury
with Titan's, I am hybrid) and still is budget friendly.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Enter the WWS - The Witchy Zon - a non cookie cutter zon that you would go to w/o feeling bored.

For consideration.

The build centers around the BIS
Witchwild String
- Upped to
Diamond Bow

Magic
Arrows
are L20 by default (use normal) attack.
Amp dmg CTC is expedited by supplementing the use of
Atma's Scarab
with main attack -
Strafe

As secondary attack one option is to include just enough points in
Pierce
1 Pt wonder +
Razortail
Belt
So instead of a PI Sunder use a cold sunder .

Myself i use the 3-in-1 Act2
Prayer
Merc with Cure and
Meditation
from Insight for the
Teleport
/ Mana regen that a thirsty skill like FA uses.

Source: @mhlg

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
OP

Rik 132

Americas PC
Nate2.0 wrote: 3 months ago
So if you don’t have a Harmony, i highly recommend it! Especially if your still leveling. I had it on swap when i was getting my character through hell and into the end game, it was what i switched to when i was just running around (
Vigor
), casting valkerie (+6, are you kidding?!), and it has enough elemental damage to deal with physical immunes.

You could put a reaper’s toll on an act 2 merc - it’s still an option.

And for run/walk speed gotta keep those
Boots
to +30 or better, the amulet that gives it, and either Treachery or Hustle should get you zipping around (and some charms always help)

I also just maxed out
Magic Arrow
when i was leveling, it did better single damage than anything else until i was like lvl 90, plus it costs zero mana after like lvl 12.
Magic Arrow
and Harmony = physical immunes die just as fast as regular monsters.

I never have and don’t plan on using a physical sunder charm (i usually run a max dex build)

Oh yea i “prefer” multi shot, it’s just more fun. But objectively
Strafe
is better for dps. I just hate freezing my device because of all the fire effects from the torch.
She’s already 90 percent geared out or so. I was running with a Wrath rogue 1 merc (Wrath is dear to my heart) for
Decrepify
but my clear speed was already blazing and with no
Teleport
I’d have to wait for her to catch up before the proc.

Honestly despite being geared out I haven’t even equipped a
Bone Break
and tried it on phy immunes which should have been my first step. Phys immune tend to be really squishy, like 5000 health or so. My dam is probably roughly 8k average with
Strafe
when factoring
Critical Strike
. 5 percent of 8k is like 400 dam a shot. It seems like a bunch of
Arrows
to clear a heavy handed phys immune. But you never know til you try. That’ll be step one. Just gotta find the only damn
Bone Break
I’ve kept lol.

You touch on mobility with the Harmony which I appreciate. I think mobility may be my main gripe. I’ve opted for Hustle sidearm instead of Harmony. I’m using cats eye amulet for 30frw. She needs native mobility skill for eias that can stack with Harmony like my baby sins with bos before they mature into cookie cutter Enigma builds. They are blazing fast, and running around like that with a zon would be euphoric.. same as it is with baby sins, but even better.

So perhaps I should just throw an Enigma on her and strategically use
Teleport
. My Pride merc is annoying squishy on bosses and being able to reposition him would help that. But dammit does it always have to be Enigma lol? I guess I can finally build one into a
Mage Plate
or even
Breast Plate
and then jack up my dex more. Honestly, except on bosses, dps is absolutely no prob. The fort would be roughly 150 to 200 extra Ed vs Enigma, if that. That’s very roughy, like 500-600 average damage, well less than 10 percent of my total, I doubt I’d even notice.

I’m certain Enigma would substantially increase my clear speed based on the faster run/walk alone. And if I go for cold or fire dam with the phys dam then Enigma offers a balanced alternative. I did want a base hunter, but I fear I’ll need to make a sorc for that, being that native
Teleport
seems the only possible way to build decent clear speed without an Enigma and that the 90 percent or so mf can ruin many would be bases. Idk the base chance of rolling magic vs normal items but I’m think 90mf alone would fraction the base to magic item ratio. Makes me curious actually 🤔

Yeah, I’m sorry, you’re all wrong, the solution answer, as always, is Enigma :p

I did just roll a 2 zon / 17 fcr ammy…

Necrarch 1615Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Enigma for Zon is an option especially for PvP, but for PvM the very slow fcr of the Amazon is usually considered an annoyance, except if you stack a lot of fcr.

Matter of preference I guess, try it and see. :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I use one for my FA zon, but only to reposition myself to maximize
Pierce
and a straight line of sight for 1 directional
Strafe
- >

The mobility part that comes with Enigma is just a bonus for my intended use.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
d2rppa69 wrote: 3 months ago
Hi,
Sunder Charm +
Atma's Scarab
The Reaper's Toll
on merc is a must.
Arrows
Teleport

Have the same issue with my Fury Druid (I kill monsters before Merc could proc
Amplify Damage
)
People recommend me to try higher player count (so I will not kill things by myself with 1-2 hits), but I endup switching character before I could test it...
The same issue goes for
Atma's Scarab

In the end, I prefer to use
Highlord's Wrath
and just
Bone Break
against immunity.

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
OP

Rik 132

Americas PC
I didn’t time it, But Enigma appears to be superior clear speed relative to Fortitude. The extra frw also feels much better to play, and despite the painfully slow
Teleport
, it was still easily in my advantage to use at numerous points during the runs. That said, Hustle armor was also surprisingly pleasant and might be a compromise between clear speed and the zero mf im going for. W/o Fortitude I was too squishy for
Baal
when I got swarmed by glooms so I’ll need to switch out some damage charms, a ring or maybe even my
Helm
for resistances. The ias from Hustle opens up other equipment options as well and might end up being my final armor option. Damage is still more than enough. Like I said, even when using a Hustle
Matriarchal Bow
to proc Bos, it still wipes enemies out albeit more slowly but still fast.

Coincidentally I dropped a 10
Bone Break
last night and tested
Strafe
without atmas. It won’t be sufficient. I’m still pondering making a split elemental/physical build. I’ve got two respecs left so once I’ve got some free time I’ll give that direction a shot. Still on the fence regarding Ice or fire. Ice has more general utility but fire may be the best route considering physical immunes general lack of fire res. Cc has been fine despite lack of knock back. I’m rocking loh. I’ve been crafting kncokvack gloves but nothing remotely decent yet. The physical damage alone puts enemies into hit recovery once or twice before they’re dead and at this point knock back seems redundant but perhaps it’s addition could allow for more squishyness and freedom for more precious dam. Idt you can knock back physical immunes.. If not, what about with sunder? I can test tonight. That might be useful with the gloam.

I think I’m on my way to getting her to a level of speed/durability for an enjoyable play style that will also help fill up the coffers. Next I might have to test wf.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...