Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   639 views

Description

Just realized this today, with a friend.

Me: Creates Hell game
Perm game for 2 mins. (Any game > 40 secs old should be safe)
we came and went accordingly (since game is permed)

after about 10 mins, friend left, so it's just me.

A kinda stuff thrown on the Ground (to be tossed in Free games) aka Spring Cleaning.

joined game and suddenly getting "failed to join game".

Realize i got a Nm mode char that couldn't join Hell games.

Went back for a Hell mode char and game does not exist anymore !

Can be used to make Runewords:

Just realized this today, with a friend.

Me: Creates Hell game
Perm game for 2 mins. (Any game > 40 secs old should be safe)
we came and went accordingly (since game is permed)

after about 10 mins, friend left, so it's just me.

A kinda stuff thrown on the Ground (to be tossed in Free games) aka Spring Cleaning.

joined game and suddenly getting "failed to join game".

Realize i got a Nm mode char that couldn't join Hell games.

Went back for a Hell mode char and game does not exist anymore !

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
Maybe the 'game' thought you joined a new game by failing to join that game, and then the game you had before is gone, but only if your friend also made a new game or joined a new game after he left.

When making a new game the old game you had before cease to exist if no one was in it except you or all that were in it also went to new games.
OP
yea that kinda make sense..

It's wierd it allows the loading screen for a char that isn't able to join next difficulty game. (in this case Hell game)

That may trigger a "new game" event.

Friend already left for more than 15 mins..i was in self care mode going in and out.

I think it's best (& safest) by making a Norm game.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Schnorki 3215Moderator

PC
There is no "perming" anymore.
Games in D2:R are "permed" the second you open them.

I.e. they remain open for <actually not sure what the timeout is but more than just a few minutes>, so long as the host of the game has not created or joined a different game on the same region (you can join games on other regions all you want in the meantime though), even when you create the game and immediately leave again, letting it sit as an empty game.

The second you (as the host) create or join a different game however while your original game is empty, it will be closed.

In true Blizz "this makes no sense!" fashion, a join-fail (at least a difficulty-based one) does in fact count as joining/creating a different game and as a result closes your empty game when it happens.
Schnorki wrote: 3 months ago
There is no "perming" anymore.
Games in D2:R are "permed" the second you open them.

I.e. they remain open for <actually not sure what the timeout is but more than just a few minutes>, so long as the host of the game has not created or joined a different game on the same region (you can join games on other regions all you want in the meantime though), even when you create the game and immediately leave again, letting it sit as an empty game.

The second you (as the host) create or join a different game however while your original game is empty, it will be closed.

In true Blizz "this makes no sense!" fashion, a join-fail (at least a difficulty-based one) does in fact count as joining/creating a different game and as a result closes your empty game when it happens.
They are not permed the second you open them, I have noticed this in duel games while looking for good map, there actually is a perm counter I think its between 1-3minutes. I can keep creating same gamename all over again until I find good map but I also heard on other forum that if you do not kill any monsters or intereact with NPCs the game is not permed, not sure wich one to believe but I am 100% certain that it is not perm the second you create one.

PM if I win
i just tried to make game with password and leave instantly, and i could rejoin it right after.

Schnorki 3215Moderator

PC
Naitsirk wrote: 3 months ago
Schnorki wrote: 3 months ago
They are not permed the second you open them, I have noticed this in duel games while looking for good map, there actually is a perm counter I think its between 1-3minutes. I can keep creating same gamename all over again until I find good map but I also heard on other forum that if you do not kill any monsters or intereact with NPCs the game is not permed, not sure wich one to believe but I am 100% certain that it is not perm the second you create one.
Tested/confirmed this countless times without fail (most recently a few times just now, just for good measure). They are most certainly permed instantly. And you cannot create a new game with the same name right away. Hell, they get permed even if you never join them (i.e. join failed upon [successful] creation of the game, happened a lot on asia during peak walks in the past, game was created, noone ever joined, was still permed and could "rejoin" after the join fail timeout).

At least for PC. No idea how things behave on consoles.

Theoretically, there could of course be a perm timer that is merely a handful of seconds. I.e. if a perm timer is less than the time it takes me to create, join and leave a game but longer than the time it takes you to do the same, that would explain a difference. Though that would mean the perm timer (if one does exist) has to be less than about 6 seconds (counting from hitting the create button) because anything longer than that, I would run into. And your create/join/quit time would have to be even less than that.

ShadowHeart 1865Moderator

Europe PC
Games on PC most certainly insta-perm in D2R, like Schnorki and Illusions said.

I've left games immediately plenty of times (within seconds) and been able to rejoin them (and not been able to create a new game with the same name due it still existing).

Also, sometimes when the servers are laggy (been happening to me mostly on Asia), you will sometimes fail to create games and will get thrown back out to the game create/join screen before ever seeing your character in town. Sometimes you will be able to join that game (and not be able to create a new game with the same name due to that game name already existing). It depends on at which stage of game creation you got booted. I.e., you never actually got into the game (never saw your character in town), but you can still join that game sometimes.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...