Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   10335 views

Description

If this is covered somewhere else, please point me to it, and I'll delete this. Couldn't find it with a 5 min search.

Is there a consistent ranking of what specs are most important in an Anni? (x/y/z) I was ranking mine as Exp, then Res, then Att. But it seems like people care much more for Att & Res. Is one of these better than the other? What order would you put them, and is it close, or is a 20/10/z way better/worse than a 10/20/z??

Thanks!!

Can be used to make Runewords:

If this is covered somewhere else, please point me to it, and I'll delete this. Couldn't find it with a 5 min search.

Is there a consistent ranking of what specs are most important in an Anni? (x/y/z) I was ranking mine as Exp, then Res, then Att. But it seems like people care much more for Att & Res. Is one of these better than the other? What order would you put them, and is it close, or is a 20/10/z way better/worse than a 10/20/z??

Thanks!!
For my jack-of-all-trades
Frenzy
barbarian it's attributes / experience / resistances.
Shooter wrote: 4 months ago

Thanks!!
I actually rank them the same way as you do for myself. From my experience however, people generally tend to rank them as:

1st: Att
2nd: Res
3rd: Exp

There will still be some outliers of course (with people like you and me), but that's the most popular ranking I have seen through my time trading.

TheDoo 253

Europe PC
It generally depends on character/build. Like for example Sorcs users usually aim for the 20 att one since res are not a problem with [near] BiS gear; same goes for Paladins who usually have abundance of res. Barbs need res more than others if you are a one-skill-wonderer others are usually in balanced ranges except I guess Javazon that prefers exp above everything else (because of the clear speed and the fact you can almost run naked). :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

Schnorki 3214Moderator

PC
For the first couple walks of a new season, xp is hands down the most valuable piece as people weirdly tend to still believe "if I can just get a 10% anni, I can totally beat the 2938834974 drones supporting the streamers in their ladder race!".

After that though, xp in my experience tends to lose value quite quickly and become significantly less valuable than stats or res simply because a couple of % xp bonus don't really make any truly noticeable difference if we're being honest. Plus once you hit your target level (whatever that may be for you), it pretty much becomes entirely worthless.

Stats are always valuable though they are easy to make up for as you can simply dump a couple extra points into str/dex as needed and respec to optimize after you eventually get your 20/20 anyways.

Res is equally generally valuable but can't be "temporarily specced into", you either have enough or you don't. That would inherently make it more valuable than stats though there's a fair few builds that end up overcapping easy enough anyways, driving res valuation back down a bit again.

All in all, excluding the first few days of a new season (where xp wins), I tend to give both, stats and res the same 1.5x weight while keeping xp at 1x. Used that weighting for hundreds (if not quite possibly thousand(s)) of anni sales in the past and fared quite well with it.

My personal (non-sales) order would be res > stats >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> xp.
Given, these days all of mine are 20/20s anyways but before then, I'd really only consider 20 res annis and look for higher stats beyond that, pretty much ignoring xp entirely.

mhlg 879

Americas PC
I usually choose res 1st, att 2nd, and exp whatever.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Necrarch 1666Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I guess it depends on playstyle.
If like me you don't play public games, res can usually be managed through charms (esp. small) as you can use cube to grab drops.
If you play public you may not want to have a full inventory to grab quicker - so res can be more valuable.

If you want to be 75 all or not is also important, if you do Ubers...

To sum up: att : always nice, most of my builds favor this.Res: depends on needs. XP: nice to have a 10 xp to level up when needing xp but when done or close, matters less.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
For me it depends on my character and build. Some characters, like my Mosaic Assassin, really need res. My Pally doesn't really care much about it though. Overall, my ranking would be Res > Att > Exp. I only really care about Exp if I'm trying to power level a particular character. Also, this reminds me that I need to find better Annis :_)
OP
Thanks for all the great input!

I only got my first Anni 2-3 months ago, and at the time when you can first equip one, the 10% exp boost seems like a big difference. As you approach L90, exp gain is a slow crawl regardless. Res feels so important, but is prob the easiest to attain elsewhere--charms, etc. And 20 Att would be a huge swing to vitality if you can put 20 less into str & dex for gear, plus the 20 direct to vitality.

To sum up, it seems like as you are first able to equip an Anni, exp/res/att is likely--not always--the order of importance, but as you approach higher levels, it basically swings 180 to att/res/exp. And of course, end-game builds are what drive prices.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...