Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   550 views

Description

Maybe there's a technique I'm not aware of. I'd like to be able to autolink to the correct thing if there's more than one option. Fury (skill vs. rune word) and blizzard (skill vs. company/nolink) are two immediate examples. Not sure if there are others?

This might be such a fringe thing that it isn't worth the trouble.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Maybe there's a technique I'm not aware of. I'd like to be able to autolink to the correct thing if there's more than one option. Fury (skill vs. rune word) and blizzard (skill vs. company/nolink) are two immediate examples. Not sure if there are others?

This might be such a fringe thing that it isn't worth the trouble.
Request fulfilledby Necrarch4 months agoGo to post
Teebs has "cheated" a bit for such cases, type in Fury in the search bar, you'll see that the skill is named "Fury: skill", so with a slightly différent name to handle the case.

Find the name, get the link!

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Necrarch 1619Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Teebs has "cheated" a bit for such cases, type in Fury in the search bar, you'll see that the skill is named "
Fury: Skill
", so with a slightly différent name to handle the case.

This post was marked as the best answer.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Necrarch wrote: 4 months ago
Teebs has "cheated" a bit for such cases, type in Fury in the search bar, you'll see that the skill is named "
", so with a slightly différent name to handle the case.

I tried that, it didn't autolink the way I expected.

Fury:skill
"Fury:skill"

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
OP
Wait a minute, I definitely tried that. Hang on.

[edit]
To clarify this post, I posted originally just fury, which of course resulted in Fury; then I edited it to be fury: skill to see if it would turn out as
, or (what I experienced before creating this thread) Fury: skill.

In case the edit process disrupted the expected autolink. Maybe I just made a typo when I first tried it.

OP
Okay, never mind, I promise I tried that and edited my post to add ": skill" after fury, and it looked like Fury: skill when I did it in the D2 holiday event forum.

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
Just adding here that some words I removed entirely from the autolink setup: Blizzard and Diablo.

Reason being that they are so commonly used in posts but not often in the context of the skill/monster but the company/game.

Eth
was also originally disabled but came back after popular request.

There are other duplicates that exist like Sanctuary and
Sanctuary Aura

ShadowHeart 1782Moderator

Europe PC
Teebling wrote: 4 months ago
Just adding here that some words I removed entirely from the autolink setup: Blizzard and Diablo.
Not to be that guy, but couldn't they be "Blizzard: Skill" and "Diablo: Boss"?
Eth
was also originally disabled but came back after popular request.
Yeah, people commonly shorten ethereal to just eth and the autolinker gobbles that up like candy. But that's fine IMO :)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 4 months ago
Not to be that guy, but couldn't they be "Blizzard: Skill" and "Diablo: Boss"?
I don't see the point tbh, people never use
for example, because its unintuitive in the first place.

ShadowHeart 1782Moderator

Europe PC
I don't see the point tbh, people never use
for example, because its unintuitive in the first place.
Yeah, fair enough, you're right that it's a bit unintuitive. I suppose it's also (at least in part) because people are not really aware of it. Might be more useful if there was some form of autolink-suggestion, live-as-you-type, but that's a lot more work to implement, I assume.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 4 months ago
Might be more useful if there was some form of autolink-suggestion, live-as-you-type,
I considered this when first building the site, but realised quickly that people would not bother to manually tag items; autolinking based on exact word matches in posts seemed more effective. Now the site is very well intralinked as a result of this decision.

Yeah, there are a few cases of overlapping entities with the same name etc. that I discovered as the data started to be organised, but seemed like a small tradeoff in the end.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...