Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
36 replies   3842 views

Description

these are the games I've played this year.
--------------------------------------------------------------
recentely I have finished gothic 1-3(almost done with 3, got to end game too strong)
finished fallout 1-2(got to end game and was bored, too strong)

also recently before these finished risen1, and risen 2 bored me in the 1/3 about.

elex 1-2 was played already from last year..still need to forget it to get back to it again.

yes and of course D4, not coming back to that one.
and D2 is nice, but i have hit a wall, so I'm not going bakc, and the action is too quick for me..

tried Baldur's gate 3, was good, but way too complex for my limited time.

tried sacred 1-2, too repetitive.

diablo1-3, titan quest, PoE all of them had their time. it is not now.

played some BG1, some icewind. was nice, but I already finished them too many times, too memorable.

and right now I'm pretty bored. not that i don't deserve it.
but I'm kinda desperate as to what to play.....really have no idea.
I like a good story. a good solid gameplay, not too hyper quick, since i'm old.
gothic games were perfect. but I'm fed up now from them.

Can be used to make Runewords:

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
recentely I have finished gothic 1-3(almost done with 3, got to end game too strong)

also recently before these finished risen1, and risen 2 bored me in the 1/3 about.

elex 1-2 was played already from last year..still need to forget it to get back to it again.

and D2 is nice, but i have hit a wall, so I'm not going bakc, and the action is too quick for me..

played some BG1, some icewind. was nice, but I already finished them too many times, too memorable.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
You could try:
The Ascent (Basically Diablo in Cyberpunk)
Dark Souls Series (Can also be played slow)
Pillars of Eternity (Like Baldurs Gate) is a lot of fun
Darkest Dungeon is fun
Drakensang
Stoneshard
Battle Brothers

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
I kind of get the "too complex" on BG3 but at the same time, it does have the distinct advantage of allowing you to save and get back to it later at any given random point in time. So while it may take you forever to ever actually finish it on limited time, you can still most certainly do so. Which is kind of a great premise if you think about it as it'll solve your "done with everything" problem for quite some time. :)

Not sure how far into it you got but that feeling of complexity also does get less after you progress a bit through the first zone. Given, the mechanics are a fair bit more complex as compared to all of the "spam these 2 skills over and over" games but you do get used to that and story-wise it gets "easier". That part (on the first play through) does potentially feel a tad overwhelming early on as you recruit all of the "initial companions" and start all of their side story lines at what feels like the exact same time, spinning a rather complex feeling web to deal with. That's just an initial "ramp up" though and once you have them and made it past their first dialogue(s), they actually start spacing out nicely and not all advancing at the same time. Plus they largely align quite well with the main story, making it all significantly less complex to deal with and more "natural". Or you can just ignore all but your first 3 companions (i.e. don't even recruit them), focus on them for that playthrough and not deal with any others - forcefully lower the story complexity that way. :D

Personally, D2 will always be on the list, still checking in with Star Citizen whenever something new and worthwhile is added (and then dropping it again waiting for the final product..in 15 years ^^) but really by now my game time is (still) nigh fully dedicated to BG3 cuz...well...it is just that damn good, even after multiple playthroughs. D4, as expected, I quickly grew to hate so F that.
You can also try Xcom 2 which I enjoyed.
But It's round based
Or Mount &
Blade
Bannerlord if u wanna fight yourself but also control an army. (And potentially dabble in politics)
Chess.
RE4 Remake is pretty damn good. It is an awesone work from the OG
RE4 Remake is pretty damn good. It is an awesone work from the OG
rikus wrote: 4 months ago

Books help break through the monotony. Right now, my reading hours are split between Evolutionary Psychology - The New Science of the Mind by David M. Buss and Journey to Ixtlan by Carlos Castaneda. I just finished Dan Bilzerian's The Setup. Crazy.

Then right back to a bit of D2R.

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I play at "Raising Kids 2". Kind of permagame, annoying sometimes for sure, but you never get the time to get bored any more again.

And when I have a sec, D2, D4, reading... But that litterally is counted time.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I'm personally having an absolute blast with Starfield. Around 100-200 hours in so far and loving campaign, graphics, scenery, items and all the different choices you can make.

I've heard it falls flat in endgame (similar to D4), but might be worth the journey there if you enjoy those kind of games.

And then new Cyberpunk DLC sounds like a must-play, for me.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Zero187 wrote: 4 months ago
I'm personally having an absolute blast with Starfield. Around 100-200 hours in so far and loving campaign, graphics, scenery, items and all the different choices you can make.

I've heard it falls flat in endgame (similar to D4), but might be worth the journey there if you enjoy those kind of games.

have you tried that game..no man's sky? supposed to be similar to starfield?

or star citizen...not sure if that's an mmo...
I really loved freelancer at the time, and abit of rebel galaxy..

have you tried that game..no man's sky? supposed to be similar to starfield?

I really loved freelancer at the time, and abit of rebel galaxy..
I have not, but one of my coworkers always raves about NMS and how much better it got over the years. I might have to check it out someday!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Kind of. Kind of not.
It became a mixture of basically everything from space sim over racing and an FPS shooter to a trading simulator and whathaveyou, all while kiiiind of being an RPG/mmo in the sense that you do have your character that you play but the advancement is really on the equipment/ship side and not in terms of character levels and such so no RPG/mmo style progression system, other than reputation and the like.

Generally comparable to freelancer (in terms of the "mmo factor") except modernized and on steroids.

Plus it is still in alpha (and very noticeably so) so..don't expect anything polished, bug-free or even stable so far. :P

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
I'm still playing EvE: Online after 11 years.

If you want a good fucking space RPG then tbh forget everything else mentioned in this thread so far like SC/Elite/NMS/Starfield lol.

EvE is a truly single-server world (not sharded or split by regions) that has been running for 20+ years and still has 15-25k online concurrent pilots at any time, steeped in its own organic player-built history. Hardcore PvP is always on, no matter where you are in space.

There is simply nothing that comes close tbh. A truly unique MMO experience.

If you want an MMORPG: World of Warcraft vanilla/TBC/WotLK. Consider playing on pservers rather than official bot-infested ones. I can suggest a few if you want.
If you want more RPG experience: Neverwinter Nights (1 and 2).
If you want more Diablo-like gameplay: Dungeon Siege 2.
And if you'd really like Diablo-like experience: Median XL (mod for D2). A new season started last week.
Necrarch wrote: 4 months ago
I play at "Raising Kids 2". Kind of permagame, annoying sometimes for sure, but you never get the time to get bored any more again.

And when I have a sec, D2, D4, reading... But that litterally is counted time.
Man, I am still on Raising Kids 1 but I think I'll stop when I finish it.... oh wait, it does not have an end :) :)

Deleted User 63530 0

Jagged Alliance 2 with Straciatella mod on Ironman.
Good fun !
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
@Leeroy
LeeroyVinland wrote: 4 months ago
The Ascent
yeah its a nice one, got almost to the half end. got bored hehe. but its nice. its too repetitive in the end.
I've played most of what you mentioned, except battle brothers.
I'm considering darkensnag, never got far with it somehow..
Schnorki wrote: 4 months ago
I kind of get the "too complex" on BG3
definitely gonna give it time when i have. my week is barely an hour a day max to play, and I need even a muse for that. the game is way too heavy story wise- to enjoy it really, i have to a have lot more hours. of course i can gain mileage, but the point is fun?
i only got to the goblin citadel btw.
very short.
Necrarch wrote: 4 months ago
Raising Kids 2
I'm raiding kids 3...
sure, i hear ya.
only weekends is fun for me.
(and for them )
Starfield
somehow bethesda stopped convincing me after fallout3-4, skyrim etc.. just not enough care for the user.
Teebling wrote: 4 months ago
EvE: Online
I have played this along time ago, and indeed was impressed. slow gameplay, and impressive construct.
but not an MMO fan at all.
Trang Oul wrote: 4 months ago
Neverwinter Nights (1 and 2).
loved them, finished them twice back in the days and a few years ago. too fresh still.
dungeon siege was also great, finished all of em.(I'm ashamed now)
aaabbbccc666 wrote: 4 months ago
Jagged Alliance 2
I think i've tried it once. I loved wasteland 2. wasteland 3 didn't appeal to me as much don't know why...got somewhere with it as well.

thank you for all your offers.. if you have more you're welcome...still not feelin it...

Hello)
I've been playing a lot of Against the Storm lately, and highly recommend it, 10/10, if you like this genre =)
my game lib is really huge that I cannot tell you out of the blue what to play now.

at the moment, I got back to d2 nl, because I deinstalled d4.
while you have a very nice first impression (the game looks and sounds good) you grow out of the game real fast to a point where it gets boring so fast that you don't wanna even start it again.
I played two chars to 100 and then fucktivision shared their plans for the game.
I really don't like the whole "game as a service" thing so I deinstalled it. it's not for me.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...