Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   2839 views

Description

I know this is a classic question, but it's really making my head spin. Deep googling yields conflicting answers, and a lot of old info from LOD. Figured I'd give it a shot here.

On Reddit I found this calculator, which seems to be the most up to date but I can't make sense of how to use it. https://warren1001.github.io/IAS_Calculator/

I'm just looking for a definitive answer to the following questions:

1. If using dual griefs (assume 30 IAS), how much gear IAS do I need for max
Frenzy
speed?
2. The same question if using a 30 IAS PB Grief main hand, and something else offhand (ex a Death
Colossus Sword
).

One of my favorite aspects of the
Frenzy
barb is the variety of gear you can use, but I'm trying to figure out what
Belt
to use, jewel to socket, etc. I used to run Grief/Death back in LOD because I thought it looked cool, but I have no idea how the IAS actually worked out.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I know this is a classic question, but it's really making my head spin. Deep googling yields conflicting answers, and a lot of old info from LOD. Figured I'd give it a shot here.

On Reddit I found this calculator, which seems to be the most up to date but I can't make sense of how to use it. https://warren1001.github.io/IAS_Calculator/

I'm just looking for a definitive answer to the following questions:

1. If using dual griefs (assume 30 IAS), how much gear IAS do I need for max
Frenzy
speed?
2. The same question if using a 30 IAS PB Grief main hand, and something else offhand (ex a Death
Colossus Sword
).

One of my favorite aspects of the
Frenzy
barb is the variety of gear you can use, but I'm trying to figure out what
Belt
to use, jewel to socket, etc. I used to run Grief/Death back in LOD because I thought it looked cool, but I have no idea how the IAS actually worked out.

So misunderstood, but what's a world without Enigma?
The Warren calculator is very inconclusive. I encountered the same issue a year ago, and I was told that the only modification made in 2.4 was the fixing of the left-hand bug. Only the Increased Attack Speed (IAS) on the weapon above your gloves is counted. The required IAS varies depending on your
Frenzy
level. If you assume a level 25
Frenzy
(with
Hellfire Torch
Annihilus
, and
Battle Command
), you need 35 IAS to achieve 5 frames per attack—meaning you only need 5 IAS on your equipment when you have a 30% Grief.

For a 30% IAS Grief above gloves and Death in a
Colossus Sword
, you need 78 IAS—meaning 48 IAS is required on your equipment.

I compared the results from maxroll.gg (don't forget to set the
Frenzy
stacks to maximum) with those from a German calculator (https://planetdiablo.eu/d2dbneu/calcs/s ... edcalc.php), and the results matched perfectly.

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
On the other hand, add me after you bid ;)
lowest roll Grief in a
Phase Blade
glove side (off hand does not matter) and level 20
Frenzy
-u need 9 ias to reach quickest attack speed
Verband wrote: 7 months ago
Frenzy
stacks to maximum) with those from a German calculator (https://planetdiablo.eu/d2dbneu/calcs/s ... edcalc.php), and the results matched perfectly.
Seeing that is a blast from the past. Miss those times when Indiablo was a thing

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.

RPD 0

Americas PC
I have a
Frenzy
barb with two griefs in phase blades and i have been wondering about IAS breakpoints as well. I am reading these posts about calculations and calculators and still don't have a clue what the break points are, could someone share what they are with my setup?
I use this calculator:

https://d2.lc/IAS/

Is it outdated?
Maldoror wrote: 6 months ago
I use this calculator:

https://d2.lc/IAS/

Is it outdated?
Yes, as you can see, you can still choose the primary weapon slot and this changes ias breakpoints. This is outdated.
krathkor wrote: 7 months ago
lowest roll Grief in a
Phase Blade
glove side (off hand does not matter) and level 20
Frenzy
-u need 9 ias to reach quickest attack speed
Frenzy
speed is also depending on secondary weapon base speed.

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.

Bass 76

Sorceress Europe Playstation
I understand a little off topic, but once people have already figured out what is the best bundle for WW,

Also counted here are the top 5 bundles of a pair for WW (!!!) its for +- to WW barb:

5th place - BoTD on CB (one hand) 40'624 dps, / 1.5 crush and blow attack per second (CBA);
4th place - Death + Death (with merc from act 1 with Faith)(
Colossus Blade
) 91'978 dps with 9 CBA;
3th place - BoTD (main) + Death 75'270 dps 6 CBA (merc 2 act might);
2th place - Grief ( < 34 ias) + Grief - 90'252 dps 3 CBA (merc 2 act might);
1th place - Grief (main 34+ias) + Death 88'134 dps 6 CBA (merc act 2 might can varies from act 1 and act 5 (
Eth
Headstriker
+ Grief fort + Andariels visage)) but for my opinion, Arab from act 2 -onelove forever

PSN ID- BassPV77
Time zone - UTC+3:00
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !
Okay, I think d2r is correct, but if Warren ever updates his calculator, use his. But as it is now, I am having difficulties understanding it. Asked about the difference between his and other calculators this morning:

OP
Verband wrote: 7 months ago
The Warren calculator is very inconclusive. I encountered the same issue a year ago, and I was told that the only modification made in 2.4 was the fixing of the left-hand bug. Only the Increased Attack Speed (IAS) on the weapon above your gloves is counted. The required IAS varies depending on your
Frenzy
level. If you assume a level 25
Frenzy
(with
Hellfire Torch
Annihilus
, and
Battle Command
), you need 35 IAS to achieve 5 frames per attack—meaning you only need 5 IAS on your equipment when you have a 30% Grief.

For a 30% IAS Grief above gloves and Death in a
Colossus Sword
, you need 78 IAS—meaning 48 IAS is required on your equipment.

Frenzy
This is super helpful, thanks. Glad I'm not the only one who finds this opaque. 48 IAS is perfect for the equipment I was hoping to be able to use.
Bass wrote: 6 months ago
I understand a little off topic, but once people have already figured out what is the best bundle for WW,

Also counted here are the top 5 bundles of a pair for WW (!!!) its for +- to WW barb:

5th place - BoTD on CB (one hand) 40'624 dps, / 1.5 crush and blow attack per second (CBA);
4th place - Death + Death (with merc from act 1 with Faith)(
Colossus Blade
) 91'978 dps with 9 CBA;
3th place - BoTD (main) + Death 75'270 dps 6 CBA (merc 2 act might);
2th place - Grief ( < 34 ias) + Grief - 90'252 dps 3 CBA (merc 2 act might);
1th place - Grief (main 34+ias) + Death 88'134 dps 6 CBA (merc act 2 might can varies from act 1 and act 5 (
Eth
Headstriker
+ Grief fort + Andariels visage)) but for my opinion, Arab from act 2 -onelove forever
Interesting... In my very unprofessional testing this also roughly matches up with my experience trying different
Frenzy
setups. Mostly wanted Death so I'd have enough CB to actually kill bosses.

So misunderstood, but what's a world without Enigma?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...