Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   2217 views

Ladder Season 5 Starts Tomorrow In NA At 2:00 p.m. PDT

No data yet

Description

Ladder Season 5 Launch Timing:

North America September 28, 2:00 p.m. PDT (5:00 PM EDT?)

Europe September 28, 11:00 p.m. CEST

Asia September 29, 6:00 a.m. KST

I can tell by the flurry of activity on the forum that members are experiencing some difficulty restraining themselves, but I'm curious. How many of you are actually going to play ladder 5 and why. I'm finding it difficult to motivate myself since I can't think of anything season 5 has to offer except for a couple of recycled ladder only runewords, and I'm thinking that perhaps it's time to sit one out.
Description by mhlg

Can be used to make Runewords:

mhlg 882

Americas PC

Europe September 28, 11:00 p.m. CEST

Asia September 29, 6:00 a.m. KST

I can tell by the flurry of activity on the forum that members are experiencing some difficulty restraining themselves, but I'm curious. How many of you are actually going to play ladder 5 and why. I'm finding it difficult to motivate myself since I can't think of anything season 5 has to offer except for a couple of recycled ladder only runewords, and I'm thinking that perhaps it's time to sit one out.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

ShadowHeart 1913Moderator

Europe PC
I'm going to play the new ladder, actively at least for 2-3 weeks or something, and then fall back to plain dclone hunting & trading for the rest of the ladder, as I've done the last few ladders :)

I've realized that I've come to enjoy the fresh start of ladder, changes or no changes.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
mhlg wrote: 7 months ago

North America September 28, 2:00 p.m. PDT (11:00 AM EDT?)
It's actually 5:00 PM EDT.
As to playing the ladder, I find no reason or motivation to start.
OP

mhlg 882

Americas PC
bigbikefan wrote: 7 months ago
mhlg wrote: 7 months ago

It's actually 5:00 PM EDT.
As to playing the ladder, I find no reason or motivation to start.
Right, you are!

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
I will be playing S5.

S4 was my most successful time playing D2R. Incredible luck. I was even able to splurged on a Last Wish.(Not worth the squeeze, BTW)

For me, I think it is statistically improbable for that luck to be ever repeated. But who knows, right?

It is a sentimental journey for me, always. Memories of playing with my dad and brothers. He is gone, and my brothers aren't interested anymore.

The grind.

The false hope and disappointments.

The sky high dopamine levels triggering optimism when finding that first high rune. What a rush.

The thrill of defeating the Ubers/Dclone and obtaining a sorc/pally torch and that first
Annihilus
.(I rolled a 20-20-10 in S4).

Maybe I will meet you on the trail to Hell and The Worldstone Keep.

Good luck.
I'm going to play the new ladder in HC to get some Annis and see people killing each other :P

Relax and have fun!

Schnorki 3220Moderator

PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 7 months ago
I've realized that I've come to enjoy the fresh start of ladder, changes or no changes.

This.
Used to make sure I have a ladder char set asap for trading and clone hunting but since I've long hit the "full BiS across the board" mark, neither of those is necessary anymore.
As a result, the only (but valid) appeal to ladder is the true fresh start.
That's very much a "whenever I feel like it" type of thing though so certainly not something to rush into today. Come winter/crap weather, I'm sure I'll spend more time gaming again and will probably end up creating another ladder char as well. But that's about it.

Necrarch 1677Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 7 months ago

This.
Used to make sure I have a ladder char set asap for trading and clone hunting but since I've long hit the "full BiS across the board" mark, neither of those is necessary anymore.
That's very much a "whenever I feel like it" type of thing though so certainly not something to rush into today. Come winter/crap weather, I'm sure I'll spend more time gaming again and will probably end up creating another ladder char as well. But that's about it.
What build have you not tried yet ?
Daggermancer ? Bowmancer ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3220Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 7 months ago
Schnorki wrote: 7 months ago

This.
What build have you not tried yet ?
Daggermancer ? Bowmancer ?

Pretty sure the answer to that is "none". Can't think of anything I haven't tried yet (if I could, I would've tried it.. :D).

There are some builds that I don't "keep around" though that are fun to mess around with on a new char every so often.
I'll probably start out making a sorc to MF but I don't think I'll be playing day one.
Ladder reset always makes me nostalgic for the days of basement LAN parties in LOD. Voice chat is fun and all, but nothing beats the visceral noise of an HR drop in person.

So misunderstood, but what's a world without Enigma?

Teebling 5926Admin

Europe PC
Site should be ready for season 5 now. I'll run the migration scripts in an hour from now (which should be ladder start time).

Welcome S5

If you would like to make an offer, please add me in bnet and comment in thread with the offer. Thank you.

I am currently not accepting Tokens. Thank you!

Necrarch 1677Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Yup, started, transfer to NL done :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...