Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   2318 views

Description

Looking to make either a Javazon or Light sorc and have a question about getting Griffon and Titans. (Non-Ladder)

What is the minimum stats I should trade for when getting a griffon? I was thinking of trying to trade for a mid level one but they seem to go for a
Jah
or more for just a mid tier one and I'm trying to save my
Jah
for Phoenix if I can. However I'm fine with just using Spirit for now If I have too.

As for Titan's, would a low
Eth
titans be better than a high non-
Eth
titans?
Eth
titans also go for a LOT and I'm trying to keep costs down for now so that I can go ahead and build her.

I want to get a char that can speed clear large area's like Chaos, cows, tombs, etc. for rune drops, and bases since I already have 2 MF chars and a Hork barb and was trying to decide between light sorc, javazon and
Fissure
druid but not sure if the druid is a mass clearer like the other 2.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Looking to make either a Javazon or Light sorc and have a question about getting Griffon and Titans. (Non-Ladder)

What is the minimum stats I should trade for when getting a griffon? I was thinking of trying to trade for a mid level one but they seem to go for a
Jah
or more for just a mid tier one and I'm trying to save my
Jah
for Phoenix if I can. However I'm fine with just using Spirit for now If I have too.

As for Titan's, would a low
Eth
titans be better than a high non-
Eth
titans?
Eth
titans also go for a LOT and I'm trying to keep costs down for now so that I can go ahead and build her.

I want to get a char that can speed clear large area's like Chaos, cows, tombs, etc. for rune drops, and bases since I already have 2 MF chars and a Hork barb and was trying to decide between light sorc, javazon and
Fissure
druid but not sure if the druid is a mass clearer like the other 2.

"Having Shadowheart around is better than luck. More reliable."
~Necrarch
Since you want to farm with low MF, I recommend
Nova
Sorc.
On a budget, a low Griffon + Crescent Moon WITHOUT Infinity is enough for P1.
Javazon need Enigma for mobility but this runeword has MF.

Relax and have fun!
I'm a Javazon guy myself.

I don't think you need to worry about a low/high
Titan's Revenge
, as the difference between them is only physical damage and you won't be dealing much of it anyways.

And regarding the Titan's being ethereal or not, it does not make a difference at all. Some times i use my non-ethereal one because i can just repair it and move on with my farming. The ethereal one you need to wait and wait and wait until it replenishes itself.

Regarding Griffons, get any Griffon's that you can, even a low one will help you a lot. But you can always use a
Harlequin Crest
or
Valkyrie Wing
while you don't have Griffon's, it will be worth it and you get the +skills and other useful stats.

You will wipe the floor with the Cows using
Lightning Fury
A really nice way to improve the damage output of your Javazon is increasing +skills. Use
Stone of Jordan
, some cheap
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Thundergod's Vigor
, Spirit on the shield, maybe Chains of Honor on the armor (i don't like teleporting with the Amazon, but you could always were Enigma as well).
OP
mockingbirdreal wrote: 8 months ago
Since you want to farm with low MF, I recommend
Nova
Sorc.
On a budget, a low Griffon + Crescent Moon WITHOUT Infinity is enough for P1.
Javazon need Enigma for mobility but this runeword has MF.
Ah, I have Enigma actually on my Hdin. Plus I have the runes to make Crescent Moon and I can run Insight or Infinity on merc as I have both. Mostly I'm wanting to start build a cheap High-end build that can clear with groups or solo fairly quickly. I'll mainly be doing solo or with 1 friend but occasional full teams would be fun also.

~Necrarch
Blindfire187 wrote: 8 months ago
Ah, I have Enigma actually on my Hdin. Plus I have the runes to make Crescent Moon and I can run Insight or Infinity on merc as I have both. Mostly I'm wanting to start build a cheap High-end build that can clear with groups or solo fairly quickly. I'll mainly be doing solo or with 1 friend but occasional full teams would be fun also.
Then self use Infinity. This is the best build to farm TZ and can easily clear P8.

Relax and have fun!
OP
luizgeo wrote: 8 months ago
I'm a Javazon guy myself.

I don't think you need to worry about a low/high
Titan's Revenge
, as the difference between them is only physical damage and you won't be dealing much of it anyways.

And regarding the Titan's being ethereal or not, it does not make a difference at all. Some times i use my non-ethereal one because I can just repair it and move on with my farming. The ethereal one you need to wait and wait and wait until it replenishes itself.

Regarding Griffons, get any Griffon's that you can, even a low one will help you a lot. But you can always use a
Harlequin Crest
or
Valkyrie Wing
while you don't have Griffon's, it will be worth it and you get the +skills and other useful stats.

You will wipe the floor with the Cows using
Lightning Fury
Why do most people want
Eth
then if the phys doesn't make much of a difference? How does javazon fair in Chaos also? I have 1 java skiller so I'll need a lot more and already have a Light sunder As for using griffons, I should be able to get one just trying to find a way to get a Phoenix and a griffons but I could probably skip the Phoenix if need be.

~Necrarch

Elvir 19

Europe PC
Why do most people want
Eth
then if the phys doesn't make much of a difference?
To fix mana issue problems. ML ring +
Eth
titans +
Razortail
allows you to use LF without drinking mana bottles most of the time. Mana leech is based on phys damage value.
Why do most people want
Eth
then if the phys doesn't make much of a difference? How does javazon fair in Chaos also? I have 1 java skiller so I'll need a lot more and already have a Light sunder As for using griffons, I should be able to get one just trying to find a way to get a Phoenix and a griffons but I could probably skip the Phoenix if need be.
With
Eth
Titan, I kill
Baal
with 4 hits instead of 6 (estimating). Either way, bosses go down super fast. Not needed, but it's part of the game to keep maximizing gear as you go. I'd prioritize Phoenix over
Eth
titan first. To me, having Phoenix makes clear speed much faster as I don't need to worry about taking pots or picking up pots. Even with mana leech, I rather just use Phoenix and make thing quicker. Java skillers, I'd get as many as you can fit.

Chaos and every other zone clear speed is fast with the gear you mention. Javazon is strong overall. I also noticed that even with resistances not maxed, she does fine unlike other chars who need to have max lightning to not blow up in act 5 throne.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
You could simply use a merc with Insight and you are good to go regarding mana. Charms with + mana works nice as well, specially if you have CTA. You can swap the
Stone of Jordan
for a mana + life leech ring, and hell, you can socket your helmet with a
Cham
rune and use two dual-leech rings, instead of
Raven Frost
. Leech the hell out of everyone. Or keep the
Raven Frost
for the mana bonus.

And with enough +skills you will kill faster anyway, so you don't need tons of mana.

I never had an issue with mana with my javazon. I didn't even know that was a thing, really.

If you have an ethereal Titan's, go for it. But the non-ethereal works the same and its cheaper.

You don't need to go crazy over your gear, you can beat the game and farm really well with cheap/mid gear, until you have enough to buy end-game stuff like the Griffon's, Facets and so on.

Regarding
Chaos Sanctuary
, you'll do just fine. Just beware those ghosts, they are lightning imunes so they can endure more of your lightning damage. A really nice place to farm with your javazon, as well, is the Nihlatak halls. Lots of groups/high density areas and plenty of cover so you can protect yourself. Lure the monsters with
Decoy
and/or
Valkyrie
and ZAP they're gone.
Baal
runs will be a breeze as well: some of those waves in the
Throne of Destruction
you will 1-hit-kill them. And those souls will not harm you if you have
Thundergod's Vigor
and lots of Lightning Resistance.
And about Phoenix: I don't use it because i focus on lightning damage. I prefer using gear that have +skills and +resistances. But see what fits you best. There are a lot of good shield options.
Stormshield
is not a bad choice, and heck, if you are poor and trying to save up some money/runes, you could use even
Moser's Blessed Circle
OP
And about Phoenix: I don't use it because i focus on lightning damage. I prefer using gear that have +skills and +resistances. But see what fits you best. There are a lot of good shield options.
Stormshield
is not a bad choice, and heck, if you are poor and trying to save up some money/runes, you could use even
Moser's Blessed Circle
I always thought Phoenix was for the enhanced damage and
Redemption
was just an added bonus. Plus I plan to make one eventually anyways for a
Fissure
druid but it's good to know that it isn't necessary and that there are other decent options. Now I need to focus on Griffon's, skillers, and torch. The Phoenix can come later and the rest should be easy to get.

~Necrarch
OP
You could simply use a merc with Insight and you are good to go regarding mana. Charms with + mana works nice as well, specially if you have CTA. You can swap the
Stone of Jordan
for a mana + life leech ring, and hell, you can socket your helmet with a
Cham
rune and use two dual-leech rings, instead of
Raven Frost
. Leech the hell out of everyone. Or keep the
Raven Frost
for the mana bonus.

And with enough +skills you will kill faster anyway, so you don't need tons of mana.

I never had an issue with mana with my javazon. I didn't even know that was a thing, really.

If you have an ethereal Titan's, go for it. But the non-ethereal works the same and its cheaper.

You don't need to go crazy over your gear, you can beat the game and farm really well with cheap/mid gear, until you have enough to buy end-game stuff like the Griffon's, Facets and so on.

Regarding
Chaos Sanctuary
, you'll do just fine. Just beware those ghosts, they are lightning imunes so they can endure more of your lightning damage. A really nice place to farm with your javazon, as well, is the Nihlatak halls. Lots of groups/high density areas and plenty of cover so you can protect yourself. Lure the monsters with
Decoy
and/or
Valkyrie
and ZAP they're gone.
Baal
runs will be a breeze as well: some of those waves in the
Throne of Destruction
you will 1-hit-kill them. And those souls will not harm you if you have
Thundergod's Vigor
and lots of Lightning Resistance.
Thanks for all the help, I have the javazon up and it's running fairly well but I'm still leveling her. I do have a few questions, My resistances are..well bad still but I'm not sure what I can do to change that around. I also have 40 IAS but I'm not sure what breakpoint to aim for. I will try to swap travs for silkweaves when I can as I'm having some mana issues in large games but I still need a few levels and will use CTA once I don't need Ondals for levels.
My gear below for reference

Helm
: Griffons
Armor: Enigma
Shield: Spirit
Weapon: Uped Titans (also could use thunderstrokes)
Boots
: War Travs
Belt
:
Razortail

Ammy: Highlords
Ring: Ravenfrost
Ring: Dual Leech 5mana/7life 12 life, 3 mana, 28% cold res, 13% fire res
Gloves: 2/20, 2LL, 9 CB, 10 life, 70%ED
Torch: 14 att, 19 Res
Anni: 10 att, 17 Res
Charms: x5 Java skillers (plain I'm poor), Crack of Heavens, Gheeds, 5 Res SC

Also, I'd rather put a Facet in the griffons as I'll be swapping it with a Lightning Sorc eventually.

~Necrarch
Blindfire187 wrote: 7 months ago
Thanks for all the help, I have the javazon up and it's running fairly well but I'm still leveling her. I do have a few questions, My resistances are..well bad still but I'm not sure what I can do to change that around. I also have 40 IAS but I'm not sure what breakpoint to aim for. I will try to swap travs for silkweaves when I can as I'm having some mana issues in large games but I still need a few levels and will use CTA once I don't need Ondals for levels.
For resistances i usually use Chains of Honor as armor, and socketed an
Um
rune on my shield (i use
Stormshield
), on the Griffons and a cheap
Mara's Kaleidoscope
as amulet. And don't forget to stack some small charms and grand charms for different resistances.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...