Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   779 views

Description

So with CrossOver 23, I’m able to play d2r on my Mac, thus allowing the ability to play on two account at the same time (assuming this is legal).

From my understanding, I would need 3 players to actually affect drop chances..

Are there any pros for having 2 players? The only thing I’ve been doing is just transferring items from one account to another, and the option to rush my own char for socket quest.

Can be used to make Runewords:

So with CrossOver 23, I’m able to play d2r on my Mac, thus allowing the ability to play on two account at the same time (assuming this is legal).

Are there any pros for having 2 players? The only thing I’ve been doing is just transferring items from one account to another, and the option to rush my own char for socket quest.

ShadowHeart 2072Moderator

Europe PC
You get extra XP (+50%) for having an extra player in the game, every additional player counts towards that.

Also, you can get more drops as two players as well, but the second player must be in your party and always nearby (within ~2 screens, same range as for XP sharing/split). If you're controlling both accounts then it can be quite the hassle with this level of micro-management of having the second character following the first around (and trying not to die).

With 3 players in the game the two extras can stay in town and you will still get the better drop chance compared to playing alone.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
The second player can be a BO barb or
Enchant
sorc.
Enchant
sorc help alot for leveling a new character.
BO barb has a higher level of BO and allows you to use another weapon on swap in stead of CTA.

Relax and have fun!
Atomicharmony24 wrote: 8 months ago
So with CrossOver 23, I’m able to play d2r on my Mac...
how well does crossover work? i boot into windows every day just for D2R...
OP
Ah that’s interesting. Yeah it’s definitely a hassle to do that, but I can see doing it for act bosses.

Oh a barb BOing so I don’t need a cta.. that’s clever lol I’ll definitely do that.

Crossover is a bit glitchy in the lobby, as characters don’t even show up for me at the bottom. I haven’t done much with that account other than transferring items to mules. It also doesn’t feel as smooth as my PC, but then again I haven’t really mess around with the visual settings. Not quite sure if that would even do anything.

If you are doing TZ with multiple characters, remember that the lowest character will set the treasure class in the
Terror
Zone. Make sure they are all in their 90s.
OP
Oh wow. I didn’t realized that about the TC. Thanks for the heads up.

Necrarch 1737Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Er, it's not the game creator that sets the level, not the lowest char ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

ShadowHeart 2072Moderator

Europe PC
lscottl wrote: 8 months ago
If you are doing TZ with multiple characters, remember that the lowest character will set the treasure class in the
Terror
Hmm, no, only the level of the game creator matters, the level of the other characters who join doesn't matter. At least as long as the game creator remains in the game, and until the next TZ.

However, if the game creator leaves the game, the level of the next TZ will be based on one of the remaining characters.

And yes, I just tested this. I created a game as a level 89, had a level 75 join the same game, left the game as the level 89, and then went into the TZ as the level 75 (I hadn't actually gone inside the TZ with anyone yet), and the TZ was 91.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
Is it possible for the treasure class level to be base on the low level char, while the
Terror
zone level is base on the creator? Or is treasure class always base on the TZ level?
ShadowHeart wrote: 8 months ago
lscottl wrote: 8 months ago
Terror
Hmm, no, only the level of the game creator matters, the level of the other characters who join doesn't matter. At least as long as the game creator remains in the game, and until the next TZ.

However, if the game creator leaves the game, the level of the next TZ will be based on one of the remaining characters.

And yes, I just tested this. I created a game as a level 89, had a level 75 join the same game, left the game as the level 89, and then went into the TZ as the level 75 (I hadn't actually gone inside the TZ with anyone yet), and the TZ was 91.
I stand corrected. Thanks.
krathkor wrote: 8 months ago
So with CrossOver 23, I’m able to play d2r on my Mac...
how well does crossover work? i boot into windows every day just for D2R...
Booting into windows - I assume you have an intel mac? I have an M1 mac and can't do that. I'm going to look into crossover, didn't know about it. Sounds like it works with M1 macs.

azeroti#1149
PC/PS/Switch
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
OP
Yeah it works for M1 Mac. That’s what I’m currently running.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...