Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   17666 views

BUMP trade only work during 5 hours , not enough , don't have sens , people have a life :/

No data yet

Description

Hi everybody , as it's write in the tittle , when we BUMP trade , it only work during 5 hours , the problem it's not enough , people have a life :/

The BUMP trade must work for minimum 12 hours , 24 hours will be perfect ...

Because when people go to sleep , it's for 8 hours , (there will don't wake up middle of the night just for BUMP, because 5 hours don't have sens) , and after when people go to work , it's for 8 hours also , so simple calculation :

A persone who have a normal life , who BUMP when he wake up to 6 am , after take the road for go to work until 5 pm , after take the road again for back to home to 6 pm , in home he BUMP again ; so someone who leave home until back home leave for 12 hours ...

So you can understand that the BUMP be valid only for 5 hours don't have sens ...

TY of make that the BUMP work for minimum 12 hours , (24 hours will be perfect) , have a good day :)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi everybody , as it's write in the tittle , when we BUMP trade , it only work during 5 hours , the problem it's not enough , people have a life :/

Because when people go to sleep , it's for 8 hours , (there will don't wake up middle of the night just for BUMP, because 5 hours don't have sens) , and after when people go to work , it's for 8 hours also , so simple calculation :

A persone who have a normal life , who BUMP when he wake up to 6 am , after take the road for go to work until 5 pm , after take the road again for back to home to 6 pm , in home he BUMP again ; so someone who leave home until back home leave for 12 hours ...

So you can understand that the BUMP be valid only for 5 hours don't have sens ...

TY of make that the BUMP work for minimum 12 hours , (24 hours will be perfect) , have a good day :)

Key
, Essence, Pskulls, Pgems, are welcome

WTB Small Charm with Life + All Res
WTB
Sacred Targe
44% - 45% All Res

I looking for buy many Items, maybe you have something for me
What do you mean tho? the bump don't work for a specific time.
When you bump your trade, it goes back on top of the listing of said item.
Then you have 3 days to do it again to not lose the trade.

Everybody's trade can't be at the top of the listing at the same time.

Edit: I don't think bumping works the way you think it works. After the 5 hours, people can still find your trades. You CAN bump them, but you don't need to do it.

NOT PLAYING MUCH LATELY; ON MY MINECRAFT/MELEE GRIND
You can always make alternative offers with Keys.
I don't really trade in pgems.
Can trade on PC and Switch

second account JuliePayette#1511

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Answer above is correct

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

mhlg 842

Americas PC
Child Of YHWH wrote: 8 months ago

Bumping once a day at a specific time is enough to keep your trade alive, and it will help you to not forget to do it.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP
JulieP wrote: 8 months ago
What do you mean tho? the bump don't work for a specific time.
When you bump your trade, it goes back on top of the listing of said item.
Then you have 3 days to do it again to not lose the trade.

Everybody's trade can't be at the top of the listing at the same time.

Edit: I don't think bumping works the way you think it works. After the 5 hours, people can still find your trades. You CAN bump them, but you don't need to do it.
When i just bump, it's write : Expires 3 days from now • Bump available 5 hours from now ...

If After the 5 hours, people can still find my trades during 3 days , why it ask me to bump every 5 hours ? it don't have sens !

So you mean if i bump every 3 days is enough, and people can see my trade during 3 days without i bump ? so why it ask me of bump every 5 hours ?

What is the utility of : Bump available 5 hours from now ? if it's valid for 3 days ? ... it's a little confusing !

Key

WTB
Sacred Targe
44% - 45% All Res

mhlg 842

Americas PC
Bump Means Bring Up My Post or in this case moving your post up. It makes it more likely your post will be seen.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Schnorki 3192Moderator

PC
Bumping your trade does two things:
1) It refreshes the trade expiration timer, keeping your trade from being deleted
2) It moves your trade to the top of the list (chronologically speaking), making it the first one found when folks search for whatever it is you're selling

The first part resets the expiration timer to the full, normal 3 day period with every bump. As such, in order to not get your trade deleted, you don't have to bump every 5 hours but you can simply bump once every say 2 days.

The second part is what the 5 hours are for. You don't have to bump your trades every 5 hours but you can. Or more importantly, you can't bump them more often than every 5 hours. I.e. the 5 hours aren't a "you have to bump again in 5 hours!" but a "you can't just spam-bump your trades every 10 seconds".
The reasons for that should be obvious but in case they aren't: As already noted in a prior post, not everyone's trade can be at the top at the same time. As such, limiting bumping means you get to pick your "I'm at the top!" time-slot at a time that makes sense (i.e. beginning of when you're around to trade) with likely rather little interference from others as most will either not be there or be within their 5-hour lockout window.

If that 5 hour lockout didn't exist, plenty of folks would most likely simply chain-bump every few minutes or even worse script a perma-bump for their trades, spamming themselves to the top over and over and over, in turn not only burying every "normal" trader but also blowing up the site due to mass spam-bumping.

In short..don't worry about the 5 hours. It isn't a "must be in 5 hours!" but merely a "can't be sooner than in 5 hours". just make sure you re-bump within 3 days and you're good.
(It will say "2 days from now" when you look at the expiration timer but that's merely because the tooltip rounds down by default. I.e. the 2 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes and 5x seconds it is after you get done bumping are rounded down to 2 days immediately, despite the full duration being 3 days - if you hover over the "2 days from now", it shows you the exact expiration time/date which is the time/date you need to have bumped your trades by again to avoid them expiring)

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
Child Of YHWH wrote: 8 months ago
why it ask me to bump every 5 hours ?
It's not asking you to bump, it's just letting you know that you can bump again if you want to.

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Side note: I think it's 6 hours, not 5. Between 5 and 5.59 it shows 5 hours, between 4 and 4.59 it is 4, etc.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Necrarch wrote: 8 months ago
Side note: I think it's 6 hours, not 5. Between 5 and 5.59 it shows 5 hours, between 4 and 4.59 it is 4, etc.
Yep, 6 it is. :D

All my trades are Non Ladder.
Usually available between 7 and 11 pm during the week (UTC+02:00 time) and most of the day on weekends.

Mixed trades:
Hel
= 6
Perfect Gems

Perfect Amethyst
= 4
Perfect Gems

Ral
= 2
Perfect Gems

Perfect Skull
= 2
Perfect Gems
OP
Ha ok , so bump 1 time per day or every 2 day is enough ...
"Bump available 5 hours from now" just want mean :
"It moves your trade to the top of the list (chronologically speaking), making it the first one found when folks search for whatever it is you're selling" ...
After 900 trusts , i understand only now what want mean "Bump available 5 hours from now" , lol ! TY for explain , have a good day all :)

Key

WTB
Sacred Targe
44% - 45% All Res

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...