Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2051 replies   282126 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Do people actually sell soj or is this just left over from the old school d2?

moot11 119

Americas PC
Severon wrote: 10 months ago
Someone out there needs to sell the SoJ. it takes (I think) 75-120 of them to get a spawn
That is the millions dollar question. How can people get so many sojs in such a short amount of time... ? Nonetheless the mechanic is still here, but the fact it spawns on every game in the server region make it easier to find him. If it happens when you are in hell mode send a message here so we can help ;)

Schnorki 3273Moderator

PC
perenoel wrote: 10 months ago
That is the millions dollar question. How can people get so many sojs in such a short amount of time... ? Nonetheless the mechanic is still here, but the fact it spawns on every game in the server region make it easier to find him. If it happens when you are in hell mode send a message here so we can help ;)
That question has been answered time and time again.

Botters run thousands (literally..their no-pw mishap on Asia a while ago made that obvious, if it ever was in doubt before) of accounts 24/7, farming up a stupid amount of SoJs (among other things). Those SoJs get sold to streamers and/or given away to them in return for advertising their RMT site. Said streamers then host a walk (or 20), cashing in on the related stream they're hosting. Rinse and repeat.

There are some "legit" runs, based largely on community donations, mixed in between but more often than not, someone just bought some botted rings to host walks with.
Thank you for the confirmation. I have gotten back to D2R in april with some friends, we thought things were odd.

Necrarch 1736Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
If streamers switch to d4, there might be less market for botters and after a loooong time, D2 economy might come back to something more early d2r-like

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Schnorki wrote: 10 months ago

Botters run thousands (literally..their no-pw mishap on Asia a while ago made that obvious, if it ever was in doubt before) of accounts 24/7, farming up a stupid amount of SoJs (among other things). Those SoJs get sold to streamers and/or given away to them in return for advertising their RMT site. Said streamers then host a walk (or 20), cashing in on the related stream they're hosting. Rinse and repeat.

There are some "legit" runs, based largely on community donations, mixed in between but more often than not, someone just bought some botted rings to host walks with.
My question is this. Are these botters so smart that they can run their bots for so long without repercussions? Or is Blizzard unable to end this issue once and for all? Just saying.
Schnorki wrote: 10 months ago

My question is this. Are these botters so smart that they can run their bots for so long without repercussions? Or is Blizzard unable to end this issue once and for all? Just saying.
Just an educated guess: cracking down on bots isn't cost effective and they turn a blind eye on the problem until it really is a problem (e.g. network reaches full capacity).

They then mass ban a swathe of "bad" accounts to free some of that capacity.

[tin foil hat]Banned botters then get upset and launch a DDOS attack against Blizzard in retaliation.[/tin foil hat]

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

Blizzard doesn't have any problem to detect bots.
Blizzard can even detect if you use a script just to automate your mouse for a quick BC, BO in your CTA swap.

Blizzard bans bots, but just enough so that farmer will buy new accounts.
D2R doesn't have any kind of microtransactions, this is the main source of revenue for Blizzard.

Relax and have fun!

Schnorki 3273Moderator

PC
mockingbirdreal wrote: 10 months ago
Blizzard doesn't have any problem to detect bots.
Blizzard can even detect if you use a script just to automate your mouse for a quick BC, BO in your CTA swap.

Blizzard bans bots, but just enough so that farmer will buy new accounts.
D2R doesn't have any kind of microtransactions, this is the main source of revenue for Blizzard.
This.

Flu 12

Druid Europe PC
I need uber help plz :) He just pop up now in EU Ladder
Got a
Diablo Clone
to be killed in my game, EU, SC Ladder, anyone available to help?
totorosh wrote: 10 months ago
Got a
Diablo Clone
Yes
lscottl wrote: 10 months ago
Got a
Diablo Clone
Yes
thanks a lot for help
lscottl wrote: 10 months ago
Got a
Diablo Clone
Yes
thanks a lot for help
My pleasure. Enjoy.
Anyone able to help me? New-ish player :) 80 sorc.

Akimboo#21620
non- ladder? sent you a request
I can help too if you need
W1zard wrote: 10 months ago
Anyone able to help me? New-ish player :) 80 sorc.

Akimboo#21620
Thanks for help! :)
Need help for Asia dclone if anyone is available, would appreciate greatly! 80 sorc :)

Akimboo#21620

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...