Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
22 replies   6808 views

The botting/economy problem has a REALLY simple solution (that Bliz already uses!)

No data yet

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

osoviejo wrote: 10 months ago
lscottl wrote: 10 months ago
It is not coincidence that at the moment of mass bot bans, Blizzard put D2R 67% off in the digital store.
It goes on sale three or four times a year.
Same number of bans. Interesting. Then dos attacks.
I checked one of the sites selling gear for "real" money at the moment of a Ladder reset, and had I wanted to, I could have bought HR's from the get-go.

Very expensive yes, but still, it was possible.

I haven't found a single
Ber
or
Jah
after 4-5 years of playing (incl. LoD of course) but still they seem to have found some before I could even finish Normal 🙄

By the way, from what I understand, buying gear from outside economies does not go against the user agreement.

Botting and/or selling gear does on the other hand.

Well, unless approved by Blizzard I would imagine...
Want to add my 2 cents on OP posting:
“We just need more of that. We need cube recipes useful to high-end players that require (and destroy) unique items, high runes, etc.

These recipes don't have to be super OP in terms of introducing new meta-destroying OP equipment; they just have to be useful enough that the high end botters will be incentivized to burn through their inventory in order to, oh I don't know, reroll to get perfect Death Webs (just for example), instead of flooding the market.

The crazy high Wealth players will still exist, but their efforts don't trickle down into the rest of the experience as much because they're incentivized to destroy most of their huge hauls instead of trading (and which inevitably results in crazy overpaying.) ”

Actually, allowing recipes to reroll uniques etc will have the opposite effect actually. Super Wealth players will still overpay for lower deathwebs to amass them to reroll their dwebs. Ei: pgems rerolling charms and for crafting, just more in a higher end scale and lesser drops. So the recipes to reroll certain uniques etc etc will trickle down to the lower end of the spectrum of trade value; surely it will create a demand for those said low roll uniques for rerolling purpose, therefore, will cause ppl who own those low roll uniques to overprice them. Everything you want changes will have ‘cause an effect’.

Of course i am not against the unique rerolling cube recipe but i am just saying it won’t have the result that u’d wish for

Can trade on PC or SWITCH

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...