Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   2753 views

Description

This post is spoiler free if for whatever reason you are holding back on going on D4.

By itself, w/o even playing the game you may get it the moment the first notes begin.

It felt atmospheric, melancholic , dark yet symphonic at the same time.
Will the set pieces be as memorable as the classics?
Time will tell i guess, for the new Generation of ARPG fans as how some of us experienced D1/D2 (sorry D3...gotta cut you out this time) the first time.

What are your fav tracks, Top 3?

For me it's:
  • 02:28:34 Daughter of Hatred by Ted Reedy Made the hairs on mine stand...
    02:35:37 Legacy of the Horadrim by Ted Reedy This one is so good sometimes i switch positions between #1 and #2..
    19:48 Gale Valley by Ted Reedy Those synth strings slap man..hard!

AND

01:10:24 Olzei Bluffs by Leo Kaliski as Honourable mention i felt i need to add a 4th..i cheated :P

Can be used to make Runewords:

This post is spoiler free if for whatever reason you are holding back on going on D4.

By itself, w/o even playing the game you may get it the moment the first notes begin.

It felt atmospheric, melancholic , dark yet symphonic at the same time.
Will the set pieces be as memorable as the classics?
Time will tell i guess, for the new Generation of ARPG fans as how some of us experienced D1/D2 (sorry D3...gotta cut you out this time) the first time.

What are your fav tracks, Top 3?

For me it's:
  • 02:28:34 Daughter of Hatred by Ted Reedy Made the hairs on mine stand...
    02:35:37 Legacy of the Horadrim by Ted Reedy This one is so good sometimes i switch positions between #1 and #2..
    19:48 Gale Valley by Ted Reedy Those synth strings slap man..hard!

AND

01:10:24 Olzei Bluffs by Leo Kaliski as Honourable mention i felt i need to add a 4th..i cheated :P

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

mhlg 867

Americas PC
I suspect many don't have a sound system capable of appreciating the full depth of the score (frequency response, dynamic range). I also suspect that more than a few are asking "what's an OST?" :D

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Also, unless the music is super good (
Tristram
theme), it's going to get lost focusing on playing the game. Although with more hours in playtime the music can start to be appreciated more.

And, as you've done, going out of your way to listen to it.

As an aside when I play a new character through D2 I have sound and music on for act 1 then I mute game sound and put something else on for the rest of the game. Act 1 is just too iconic for me to miss.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
OP
mhlg wrote: 10 months ago
I suspect many don't have a sound system capable of appreciating the full depth of the score (frequency response, dynamic range). I also suspect that more than a few are asking "what's an OST?" :D
hahaha. Not in an audiophile kind of way but just purely on the outlook for the "game" itself.
Much like how one would engage with an OST for a movie.
Ost - Original Sound Track / Score for those clueless

If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
OP
davme_mcreg wrote: 10 months ago
Also, unless the music is super good (
Tristram
theme), it's going to get lost focusing on playing the game. Although with more hours in playtime the music can start to be appreciated more.

And, as you've done, going out of your way to listen to it.

As an aside when I play a new character through D2 I have sound and music on for act 1 then I mute game sound and put something else on for the rest of the game. Act 1 is just too iconic for me to miss.
Tristram
is inside.....

If you like health,
String of Ears

mhlg 867

Americas PC
Skaijuice wrote: 10 months ago
hahaha. Not in an audiophile kind of way but just purely on the outlook for the "game" itself.
I have a modest 500 watt rms PC speaker system that still does a pretty good job of reproducing sound. :D

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/products ... 00467.html

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP
Skaijuice wrote: 10 months ago
I have a modest 500 watt rms PC speaker system that still does a pretty good job of reproducing sound. :D

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/products ... 00467.html
Still using my altec lansing satellites from 1998 :)

If you like health,
String of Ears

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...