As far as I know, you "poke" (with
Charged Strike
) using
Thunderstroke
, and use
Titan's Revenge
for
Lightning Fury

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
I used a few times, but you need to be careful about your ammo.

So if i am going to farm cow level,
Chaos Sanctuary
or other high density areas, i don't like using it. But you could probably carry it with you and use it on bosses.
I use both.
Thunderstroke
does more damage, but Titan's are more convenient to use because they replenish. Then of course you have the nice stat bonus on Titan's and lower requirements.
But I still like Tstrokes better because they are faster (allowing you to hit higher IAS breakpoints with the right gear) and hit harder.
I'd use these if I cared more about trolling than functionality.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
I actually use both. When I need to push more damage, I switch to
Thunderstroke
+ Spirit. When playing it safe, I switch to
Titan's Revenge
+
Stormshield
. And for less risky areas (e.g. The Pit), I go for Titan's w/ Spirit.

EU SC NL (GMT+1)

M1ck 332

Europe PC
If using a sunder charm
Thunderstroke
is definitely better, -15% lightning resistance and +15% IAS is far more valuable than anything Titan's provides. Plus you can reach a higher FCR / IAS breakpoint with a 10%
Caster Amulet
, one 10% ring and 20% IAS gloves.

Arguably the best is actually +6
Javelin
skills / 40 IAS magic
Javelin
, but it is very rare....
I use
Eth
upped Titans (with a spare set in the stash so I never have to wait for them to regen) for the quality of life. I just grab a fresh set when in town starting a new game so I don't have to worry about ammo. I have mana leech on my rings and gloves and reach 15% mana stolen per hit so I don't have to worry mana potions except sometimes when fighting undead or if a monster has mana burn. The 9% life leech on the titans and 14 life after kill from Enigma make it so I don't have to worry about life. I have 70 FCR (from Spirit , griffons, and 10 FCR on a ring), so I hit the 68 FCR breakpoint for tele. Hitting 99 FCR for the next breakpoint isn't practical. I have 30 IAS (20 from gloves and 10 from
Goldwrap
or nosferatus coil) I hit the 30 breakpoint for
Lightning Fury
(next breakpoint is 52) and I hit the 26 breakpoint for
Charged Strike
(next breakpoint is 50) I could hit 50 with highlords instead of mara's, but would give up too much for slightly faster boss kills. The only weakness to this setup that I see is a relatively weak
Belt
, but I don't see much room for improvement outside of a +6jav 40 IAS . To me, the only thing thunderstrokes offer is -15 light resistance. That is a nice damage boost, but I have a sunder charm and Infinity on my merc and griffs, so I don't feel like the increase makes up for all the QOL improvements
Eth
titans offers. Maybe the extra -15 light res would make more of an impact with 8 players? I have Call To Arms on switch, so it would not make sense to take the time to swap out for Thunderstrokes for bosses. I would love feedback on my setup, especially if someone sees a way to improve (all of my resists are maxed too).

M1ck 332

Europe PC
Landros wrote: 10 months ago
I use
Eth
upped Titans (with a spare set in the stash so I never have to wait for them to regen) for the quality of life. I just grab a fresh set when in town starting a new game so I don't have to worry about ammo. I have mana leech on my rings and gloves and reach 15% mana stolen per hit so I don't have to worry mana potions except sometimes when fighting undead or if a monster has mana burn. The 9% life leech on the titans and 14 life after kill from Enigma make it so I don't have to worry about life. I have 70 FCR (from Spirit , griffons, and 10 FCR on a ring), so I hit the 68 FCR breakpoint for tele. Hitting 99 FCR for the next breakpoint isn't practical. I have 30 IAS (20 from gloves and 10 from
Goldwrap
Lightning Fury
Charged Strike
(next breakpoint is 50) I could hit 50 with highlords instead of mara's, but would give up too much for slightly faster boss kills. The only weakness to this setup that I see is a relatively weak
Belt
, but I don't see much room for improvement outside of a +6jav 40 IAS . To me, the only thing thunderstrokes offer is -15 light resistance. That is a nice damage boost, but I have a sunder charm and Infinity on my merc and griffs, so I don't feel like the increase makes up for all the QOL improvements
Eth
titans offers. Maybe the extra -15 light res would make more of an impact with 8 players? I have Call To Arms on switch, so it would not make sense to take the time to swap out for Thunderstrokes for bosses. I would love feedback on my setup, especially if someone sees a way to improve (all of my resists are maxed too).
Hitting the 99% breakpoint is easily practical. Only thing out of the ordinary is the requirement of a 9%
Caster Amulet
, some builds require the full 20% to reach the desired breakpoint. Sunder charm setup: https://maxroll.gg/d2/guides/lightning- ... tup-header

So with
Thunderstroke
you have a faster cast rate break point, same IAS breakpoint and -15% lightning resistance. I get the replenish quantity of Titan's is handy though. Also
Conviction
does not have as big a range as
Lightning Fury
, which can clear screens ahead.... This does make a difference on higher player counts.

Elvir 19

Europe PC
I use
Eth
Goldwrap
Lightning Fury
Charged Strike
Belt
Eth
Isn't IAS jewel in griffon +
Razortail
better then 10% IAS
Belt
(
Goldwrap
or nosferatus)? I ran in this setup with 15 IAS/ poison res jewel to achieve 75% poison res.
I use
Eth
Goldwrap
Lightning Fury
Charged Strike
Belt
Eth
M1ck wrote: 10 months ago
Hitting the 99% breakpoint is easily practical. Only thing out of the ordinary is the requirement of a 9%
Caster Amulet
, some builds require the full 20% to reach the desired breakpoint. Sunder charm setup: https://maxroll.gg/d2/guides/lightning- ... tup-header

So with
Thunderstroke
you have a faster cast rate break point, same IAS breakpoint and -15% lightning resistance. I get the replenish quantity of Titan's is handy though. Also
Conviction
does not have as big a range as
Lightning Fury
, which can clear screens ahead.... This does make a difference on higher player counts.
There are several ways to approach the IAS/FCR challenges. Part of it could even depend on how proficient you are with how you've configured your game controls if you cube swap like I do. I'd rather not do that, but the optimal gear configuration is situational and if I need extra performance for a given situation, I'll make the necessary swaps to accommodate it.

As for the belt,
Razortail
and
Arachnid Mesh
both offer more versatility than
Nosferatu's Coil
(I don't consider
Goldwrap
viable at all because its secondary properties aren't useful enough), and I don't think the 10% IAS is necessary since it only barely complements
Titan's Revenge
but introduces significant tradeoffs.

I strictly use
Thunderstroke
as a boss killer. However, that doesn't mean I have it on weapon switch or even keep it in the cube. For a planned event where I have time to set up like DClone or Ubers (minus
Uber Mephisto
) or even PvP,
Thunderstroke
is far superior to eth/up
Titan's Revenge
because I have the gear for a level 48
Charged Strike
(and its synergies) after
Battle Command
. For anything else PvM though, I'm taking
Titan's Revenge
because a higher proportion of time will be spent on trash mobs versus bosses. Why isn't
Thunderstroke
in my cube though? Well, that's another story.

In my cube is always
Crack of the Heavens
and either Call To Arms or
Wizardspike
Wizardspike
is for long distance or discovery teleporting after casting BC/BO and the mana boost helps a lot for those long distance
Teleport
runs. When else is FCR relevant for an Amazon though? Hardly ever, so that's why I don't try to do full-time 99+% FCR with my primary weapon.

Crack of the Heavens
stays in the cube until it's actually needed. In a
Chaos Sanctuary
run, the only time I would need it is against a lightning enchanted
Grand Vizier of Chaos
. Also, let me say that I hate looking at D2Planner builds that rely on a
Fade
proc from Treachery to max resists. If you've ever tried to proc
Fade
by wearing Treachery and standing in fire, you'll understand why. That crap proc chance can sometimes take longer to trigger than killing an uber. I have full-time maxed resists on my javazon without relying on a
Fade
proc as a crutch, so I'm not going to take the resistance penalty from
Crack of the Heavens
until it's absolutely necessary.

I haven't even gotten into the amulets yet, but I'll leave those alone for now. Basically, there are gearsets that work together to optimize either
Lightning Fury
or
Charged Strike
output. Given the type of run, the time constraints of a run, whether I need to lead the run (for a party), and whatever else I'm doing at any point in time, I usually end up just going with a general purpose "good enough" gearset in most situations. For me, "good enough" is based around
Titan's Revenge
, but it's also noticeably slower for speedkilling DClone.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
Great info guys, I appreciate the replies. I do need to take a closer look on working
Razortail
or Arachnid's Mesh into my setup. That could mean dropping my 5/5 facet from my Griphs and replacing it with an IAS jewel. A caster ammy is also something to think about, but I guess I just disregarded it since a GG one would probably be cost prohibitive. I like the idea of keeping the tiny
Wizardspike
available for tele for
Key
runs or
Baal
runs. At the end of the day, all of these things are probably overkill for me since I mostly run solo, unless Blizz finally adds the player 8 command to battlenet games (which would be great)
A bit late to the party, but orignially I was running Titans + Spirit, then eTitans + Phoenix + 15/15 in Griff, then exchanging Phoenix for 20/20 JMo(
Defiance
), then 2/2/40 rare javs instead of Titans.

I've always considered
Thunderstroke
as a niche use item that is in the "win more" category. For ubers and dclone that -15% res certainly helps against their massive health pools, but pretty much everything else dies in a second or less to a javazon, even in P8 (dclone doesn't even last that long either really). There's some argument for Tstroke against sundered immunes since it's about equal to Convic off Infinity (-15 vs -17), but Titans is more than enough to get the job done quickly.

You could also say that 2/2/40s are in the "win more" category, but I'm too in love with the 7/9 frame speed. I can't go back to Titans.

Please make all offers on the listing page

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...