13 replies   11615 views

Description

I plan on building a
Holy Shock
pally and curious what the best Dream bases would be. I currently have a 3o's
Bone Visage
and a 3o's superor
Spired Helm
(171 def) but wasn't sure if that is too high of a STR req?

As for Shield, I know
Sacred Targe
is good but is that the only suggested shield? I have one currently that is 43% ed and 85 attack rating but wasn't sure if the ED even counted towards
Zeal
damage.

If anyone could give some advice on what to look for? I don't care too much about having the best of the best but I would like something at least somewhat decent. Thanks in advance.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I plan on building a
Holy Shock
pally and curious what the best Dream bases would be. I currently have a 3o's
Bone Visage
and a 3o's superor
Spired Helm
(171 def) but wasn't sure if that is too high of a STR req?

As for Shield, I know
Sacred Targe
is good but is that the only suggested shield? I have one currently that is 43% ed and 85 attack rating but wasn't sure if the ED even counted towards
Zeal
damage.

If anyone could give some advice on what to look for? I don't care too much about having the best of the best but I would like something at least somewhat decent. Thanks in advance.

"Having Shadowheart around is better than luck. More reliable."
~Necrarch
Dream shield should be in any +40-45 resistances base, starting with
Royal Shield
and ending at around
Sacred Rondache
- for max base block with the least str requirement.

Helmets I can suggest only
Grand Crown
(mostly for looks),
Demonhead
and
Bone Visage
. Superior bases are even better here.

If you plan on not dumping strength, use
Corona
and
Vortex Shield
but you'll have less life in the end for some defense gains, which is mostly meh.

P.S. don't use non-res shields.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
for me, it should be a
Demon Head
/
Bone Visage
and a
Zakarum Shield

zakarum ftw.

Yes, ED works for
Zeal
, but All Res is almost always a better choice. Depends on other gear and what you are using character for.
OP
Queegon wrote: 1 year ago
Dream shield should be in any +40-45 resistances base, starting with
Royal Shield
and ending at around
Sacred Rondache
- for max base block with the least str requirement.

Helmets I can suggest only
Grand Crown
(mostly for looks),
Demonhead
and
Bone Visage
. Superior bases are even better here.

If you plan on not dumping strength, use
Corona
and
Vortex Shield
but you'll have less life in the end for some defense gains, which is mostly meh.

P.S. don't use non-res shields.
Thanks. So most of my stats will be vit after getting min STR for gear then? I assumed stacking some STR would be a good idea for
Zeal
, but I am assuming that
Zeal
is just for lightning immune and LL when needed. as far as what I plan on doing with him, Just for fun and ubers with a friend. probably run whatever T-zones he is good at and whatever other areas are easily accessed like cows.

~Necrarch
Ok, this is my personal opinion on the matter. As a tesladin you'll be dealing lots of physical damage and extra 1-14k lightning on top.

Problem is most of hell creatures have some form of physical immunity, you can't negate, that will cut your dmg output. For that matter any points put into strength will work at 50-100% effectivenes in hell. Ask yourself, if it's worth it.

You put enough point into strength to carry your gear around, enough to dex to wield
Phase Blade
and have 75% block chance with
Holy Shield
. The rest is vitality. You can put 200 to strength, if you want to, and wear Fortitude
Sacred Armor
for shits and giggles. Or run Enigma, that's an option here.

And extra personal opinion on top, I'd never go with pure tesladin again and after the buff to
Holy Fire
stayed with fire-light hybrid wielding Hand of Justice and clad in Dragon armor with double Dream. Literally no point in putting any points into strength on that build as 95% of your dmg is elemental.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP
Ok, this is my personal opinion on the matter. As a tesladin you'll be dealing lots of physical damage and extra 1-14k lightning on top.

Problem is most of hell creatures have some form of physical immunity, you can't negate, that will cut your dmg output. For that matter any points put into strength will work at 50-100% effectivenes in hell. Ask yourself, if it's worth it.

You put enough point into strength to carry your gear around, enough to dex to wield
Phase Blade
Holy Shield
. The rest is vitality. You can put 200 to strength, if you want to, and wear Fortitude
Sacred Armor

And extra personal opinion on top, I'd never go with pure tesladin again and after the buff to
Holy Fire
stayed with fire-light hybrid wielding Hand of Justice and clad in Dragon armor with double Dream. Literally no point in putting any points into strength on that build as 95% of your dmg is elemental.
I would probably start with Pure tesladin, then work my way up to
Holy Shock
/
Holy Fire
combo with
Zeal
. I am playing on Non-Ladder but I only have a cold sorc and working on my hammer pally now (have everything but Ptorch). I do have enough to make a Dream, probably go with the
Bone Visage
though its not Superior, not sure how much that matters or if I should just wait and see if I find a better
Helm
. If I do run
Holy Freeze
/
Holy Shock
, would Might merc or
Holy Freeze
Merc be better?

~Necrarch
A perfect 15ED
Bone Visage
gives you 24 more defense.
It doesn't really important.

About merc, you have many choices.
Act1 merc using Faith for
Fanaticism
that gives Attack Rating.
Act2 merc using
The Reaper's Toll
for
Decrepify
that increase the physical damage.
Act5 merc using dual Grief + Last Wish for raw physical damage and Crushing Blow.

Relax and have fun!
I'd just add that superior means the base def is perfect + another %ED on top, so not just 24 more defense over any
Bone Visage
but over a literally perfect
Bone Visage

If you are a paladin/barbarian/sorceress, you want to get the extra defense since you can multiply it with skills. It's free survivability.

For tesladin I'd choose a Pride/might aura act2 merc myself.

Phase Blade
Holy Shield
Sacred Armor

Holy Fire
Hey, I know this is an old thread, but I was researching which paladin to make and I came across your posts here. You seem knowledgeable on the subject so i was hoping for some guidance:

I was going to build either a tesladin or a dragondin, but your comment is saying to go with BOTH in the current meta? Is that the strongest in your opinion, or are there other considerations to be aware of?

So far i know that dragondin = cow + stony tomb killer, and tesladin is general content but slower in cows and such. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated :)
zipfry wrote: 10 months ago

Phase Blade
Holy Shield
Sacred Armor

Holy Fire
Hey, I know this is an old thread, but I was researching which paladin to make and I came across your posts here. You seem knowledgeable on the subject so i was hoping for some guidance:

I was going to build either a tesladin or a dragondin, but your comment is saying to go with BOTH in the current meta? Is that the strongest in your opinion, or are there other considerations to be aware of?

So far i know that dragondin = cow + stony tomb killer, and tesladin is general content but slower in cows and such. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated :)
Just make a good Hammerdin who can easily farm P8 almost anywhere. It will be much cheaper. :)

flamebellow wrote: 10 months ago
zipfry wrote: 10 months ago

Phase Blade
Holy Shield
Sacred Armor

Holy Fire

Just make a good Hammerdin who can easily farm P8 almost anywhere. It will be much cheaper. :)
Solid advice for a beginner, but I already had a hammerdin and want to go for something different / fun :)
@zipfry
The tesladin I wouldn't make is physical/lightning hybrid with 2x Dream, Grief and Fortitude/Enigma. Enigma for movement is great but also cuts into your dmg output. The Fortitude version is straight up worse than the next two builds. If you plan on doing TZs with other people, chars without
Teleport
are out of luck.

I'd instead make an auradin with 2x Dream, Hand of Justice and Dragon armor. Moves around with
Charge
, can stack a lot of MF, kills anything, uses Faith act 1 merc to free slots for even more MF.

2x Dragon, Hand of Justice paladin is very close to auradin. Deals even more damage in a greater radius but at a cost of less MF and needs some great gear to cap resists as well on top. Can run literally any merc you like. I run with act 3 just to
Enchant
me.

Queegon wrote: 10 months ago
@zipfry
The tesladin I wouldn't make is physical/lightning hybrid with 2x Dream, Grief and Fortitude/Enigma. Enigma for movement is great but also cuts into your dmg output. The Fortitude version is straight up worse than the next two builds. If you plan on doing TZs with other people, chars without
Teleport
are out of luck.

I'd instead make an auradin with 2x Dream, Hand of Justice and Dragon armor. Moves around with
Charge
, can stack a lot of MF, kills anything, uses Faith act 1 merc to free slots for even more MF.

2x Dragon, Hand of Justice paladin is very close to auradin. Deals even more damage in a greater radius but at a cost of less MF and needs some great gear to cap resists as well on top. Can run literally any merc you like. I run with act 3 just to
Enchant
me.
That sounds pretty cool, maybe I'll give that setup a go! Thanks for the advice!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...