Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   4824 views

Favorite meme/non-meta/joke build that actually works?

No data yet

Description

Hey y’all, every get sick of hammerdins, blizzard/
Nova
sorcs, javazons, etc?

One of my Favorite things to do in d2r was to take something that in concept that shouldn’t work and figure out a way to make it viable, or at least to test out it’s limits. I’ve had varying levels of success, from
The Summoner
barb to the Brand
Crossbow
wielding necro to the max level
Valkyrie
Amazon there are some fun builds that are at least worth a token just to see what they can do.

So what’s your Favorite build that is never on a tier list but you still love playing?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 535

Switch
Hey y’all, every get sick of hammerdins, blizzard/
Nova
sorcs, javazons, etc?

One of my Favorite things to do in d2r was to take something that in concept that shouldn’t work and figure out a way to make it viable, or at least to test out it’s limits. I’ve had varying levels of success, from
The Summoner
barb to the Brand
Crossbow
wielding necro to the max level
Valkyrie
Amazon there are some fun builds that are at least worth a token just to see what they can do.

So what’s your Favorite build that is never on a tier list but you still love playing?
Enchant
sorc. In a party first the other players get the impression that you are there just to give buffs, but soon they realize that you do quite a damage!

And it this build is already meta because of the recent bugfix, try a
Holy Fire
paladin with a
Demon Machine
(melee is too meta now after HF buff).
There used to be a guy called SSoG who created all sorts of wacky but somewhat viable builds.

My favourite was called the Invincible Abbott - basically, you stack so much damage reduction, absorb and self heal that you can't die. :D

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

Lanceor wrote: 11 months ago
There used to be a guy called SSoG who created all sorts of wacky but somewhat viable builds.

My favourite was called the Invincible Abbott - basically, you stack so much damage reduction, absorb and self heal that you can't die. :D
Thanks for that hint, that sounds actually hilarious :D Here's the link to the guide:

https://www.purediablo.com/strategy/inv ... adin-build

I really think about trying that :D

EDIT: In case someone else thinks about to try this one, the most important point about this build is found on the bottom of the text:
All testing was done in SP, Players = 1. There are discussions at the moment about whether or not higher player count games cause monsters to deal more damage. If that’s the case, then you’ll have to be more wary in larger games, because more and more monsters will be able to break past your PDR and put the hurting on you.
Thus I think I won't try it since my chars all are MP characters :)

Feel free to make alternative offers. Runes or
Perfect Gems
are always welcome.
If you agree with my price suggestion, add me on BattleNet.
I've found yet another: The Mighty Kodiak (shifter druid). And more, but unfortunately with dead links. I may update this post if I find those builds.
Trang Oul wrote: 11 months ago
I've found yet another: The Mighty Kodiak (shifter druid). And more, but unfortunately with dead links. I may update this post if I find those builds.
Yah, his guides were written 15 years ago and are a bit hard to find.

Another funny one that I remember was Ursa Major - a
Werebear
assassin with a 2 frame attack. It takes a mad genius to come up with stuff like this. :D I haven't been able to find it on Google though. :'(

Werebear
assassin with a 2 frame attack. It takes a mad genius to come up with stuff like this. :D I haven't been able to find it on Google though. :'(
Apparently after performing some archaeology and necromancy I found it!
No idea if this build still works in D2R, though.

kozie 18

Sorceress Europe PC
Trang Oul wrote: 11 months ago
Werebear
Apparently after performing some archaeology and necromancy I found it!
No idea if this build still works in D2R, though.
I think this is the exact same, although it isn't called Ursa Major. Also explained how it works and such.

Free your mind and your *ss will follow.
kozie wrote: 11 months ago
I think this is the exact same, although it isn't called Ursa Major. Also explained how it works and such.
Gearing is a little different, but the concept is the same. SSoG's one doesn't require
Fanaticism
, but MrLlamaSC's one is probably more powerful, given that he uses the Fury Runeword instead of blue Magic
Claws

Darbon 120

Paladin Europe PC

Yeah Abbot or Cleric, you just a guy who run around party and give huge defensive buffs to others and you walk in the middle of some tripple
Conviction
/might/
Fanaticism
aura monsters and u do nothing and you just dont die 💪😛🤣

Spearazon!
I have solo'ed a spearazon from A1 Normal to Hell
Baal
many, many times, starting in 1.09.
All I need is a
Lycander's Flank
, a rogue merc, and I'm good to go.

Advertisment