diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   249 views

Description

HCL Ladder Rare Ring

Can be used to make Runewords:

HCL Ladder Rare Ring

Necrarch 1011 Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Ow. Very interesting one for a Melee player sending spells, so typically a FoHdin also hitting, or a Singer Barb. Perfect dual leech.

The combination is super rare and the two highest res are on fire and lightning, very nice even if they could have rolled higher (max 30).

The value is high, but no idea on HC pricing, though I'd expect
Ber
at least, possibly more.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
More than
Ber
, no matter what. I'd list it on more than one site, to start. There's an auction on charsifood where someone's trying to get 40
Ber
for a similar ring. I think that person's crazy, but I'd probably start at 5
Ber
as a floor.

charsifood is throwing a 502 bad gateway right now, but I encourage you to check its rating there before pricing. You're probably in the 3.0-3.5 sigma range, which is incredibly high.

There's a guide for using charsifood somewhere in the forums, will post back with a link.

[edit]
I must have misremembered about the charsifood guide. I can't find it, but I will keep looking.

One clarification about my suggestion to list on multiple sites: I mainly recommend that so you can get a better idea of the ring's value across all markets. D2io is really good for highly trusted trading and friendly advice/assessments, but for extremely valuable things it never hurts to shop around. If you look in the price history on this site, you'll see situations where really pricey listings were sold off-site. That's fair; we want everyone to get the most they can for an item. The traders here are reliable, so if you prefer a safe trade over the risk of a stranger trade, I'd recommend coming back here.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
I'm surprised by the outcome, but charsifood came back lower than I expected. Based on affix testing, the low poison res brought the overall score down by quite a lot.
I still think it's a very solid ring for PvM and certain builds, as Necrarch mentioned. Worth more than 1
Ber
IMO. I'm still comfortable with 5
Ber
as the buyout--it's a legit 5-point ring with perfect leech and FCR. gl

[edit]

As for the charsifood guide, I'll just make one.
  1. Go to https://d2charsifood.com/rings/. If you plan to get serious about D2 gear trading, especially rings and boots, make an account.
    • There are other classes of gear listed on the site, but they started with rings, and that's by far the largest database--which is important, as you'll see below.
  2. Enter some basic ring properties in the fields at the top. The only value that actually affects scoring is the req level field (many affixes are not available below a certain level, and high-roll, low-level rings get higher scores):
  3. Click the Add another mod button until you have enough fields to enter all the roll types and values. Be careful here; some things can overlap, e.g. a light res roll of 41% is really one light res affix and one resist all affix. There are some tips and logic on the site to help with proper determination of affixes and splits in this situation:
  4. Once you've entered everything, click Submit and get your score:
The score is based on standard deviation, or sigma, compared to all rings that have been submitted to the site. A deviation of 0 means the ring is exactly average. A score of 1 means 1 standard deviation, or that the submitted ring is better than 84% of all rings submitted. A score of 2 means better than nearly 98% of submitted rings. 3 sigmas--where I thought this was--would mean the ring is better than 99.5% of all submitted rings to the site. More details at https://d2charsifood.com/blog/post/Gene ... esAndSigma.

It's a handy tool for generalized ring valuation, but it isn't perfect.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the D2 ring market, and even if yours didn't top out where I expected, it's still a very, very nice find. Try to get what you can, and post back with the sale price if you think of it.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Necrarch 1011 Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
cristobal03 wrote: 1 year ago
I'm surprised by the outcome, but charsifood came back lower than I expected. Based on affix testing, the low poison res brought the overall score down by quite a lot.

image.png

I still think it's a very solid ring for PvM and certain builds, as Necrarch mentioned. Worth more than 1
Ber
IMO. I'm still comfortable with 5
Ber
as the buyout--it's a legit 5-point ring with perfect leech and FCR. gl

[edit]

As for the charsifood guide, I'll just make one.
  1. Go to https://d2charsifood.com/rings/. If you plan to get serious about D2 gear trading, especially rings and boots, make an account.
    • There are other classes of gear listed on the site, but they started with rings, and that's by far the largest database--which is important, as you'll see below.
  2. Enter some basic ring properties in the fields at the top. The only value that actually affects scoring is the req level field (many affixes are not available below a certain level, and high-roll, low-level rings get higher scores):

image.png
  3. Click the Add another mod button until you have enough fields to enter all the roll types and values. Be careful here; some things can overlap, e.g. a light res roll of 41% is really one light res affix and one resist all affix. There are some tips and logic on the site to help with proper determination of affixes and splits in this situation:

image.png
  4. Once you've entered everything, click Submit and get your score:

image.png
The score is based on standard deviation, or sigma, compared to all rings that have been submitted to the site. A deviation of 0 means the ring is exactly average. A score of 1 means 1 standard deviation, or that the submitted ring is better than 84% of all rings submitted. A score of 2 means better than nearly 98% of submitted rings. 3 sigmas--where I thought this was--would mean the ring is better than 99.5% of all submitted rings to the site. More details at https://d2charsifood.com/blog/post/Gene ... esAndSigma.

It's a handy tool for generalized ring valuation, but it isn't perfect.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the D2 ring market, and even if yours didn't top out where I expected, it's still a very, very nice find. Try to get what you can, and post back with the sale price if you think of it.
Cristobal, do you mind copy / pasting your "how to use Charsifood to get estimates on rings and
Boots
" guide in a dedicated thread ?
I'll sticky it then. Great job. :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Cristobal, do you mind copy / pasting your "how to use Charsifood to get estimates on rings and
Boots
" guide in a dedicated thread ?
I'll sticky it then. Great job. :)
Done (maybe more than you asked for?). HTH, thanks for requesting :)

Jeez! Thank you so much the input! I greatly appreciate it, I'm starting to post this thing around.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...