Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   480 views

Description

When someone is trading 10, 20, 100 unidentified annis for one or more high runes, how is that done as safely as possible for both parties? Is there some commonly accepted protocol to balance delivery with payment?

Can be used to make Runewords:

When someone is trading 10, 20, 100 unidentified annis for one or more high runes, how is that done as safely as possible for both parties? Is there some commonly accepted protocol to balance delivery with payment?

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Annis, torches and Gheeds that cannot be held together in inventory are pains in the a*s to trade.

The best way to handle them, I think, is to do them one by one exchanging a progressive amount of runes. If let's say you buy 25 Annis for
Ber
, and as
Ber
is about 25
Ist
, I would do 24 trades of 1
Ist
for 1 Anni and do the last one for
Ber
+ giving back the 24 Annis.

But grant you that's damn annoying to do.

Same for anything requiring more than 40 elements to trade (e.g. Pgems by 100s). For low value stuff, and if with someone enough trusted on this platform, some people just drop stuff on the Ground.

Never do this in public games and stay vigilant, it's completely unsafe !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
There's also the option of an escrow manager, where the payment is held by a trusted third party during the exchange. In that situation the full payment is made up front, and once the escrow manager has confirmed receipt, the seller delivers all goods. A good escrow will also handle situations where the delivery doesn't match the agreed trade. But that's really no different from the basic, "need to establish trust," which was Nec's main point.

Honestly I can't even imagine trading 100 annis in bulk on either side of the trade window, that sounds like the most annoying thing I can imagine. The click management only works if you drop on the ground near stash so folks can move directly from/to shared. Otherwise it's at least 3 clicks + 1 drag/drop * 100 units, not counting movement of partial payment back into stash.

If I were the seller, I'd insist on payment up front. That's easiest for everyone. But I also know I wouldn't cheat a buyer.

Closed game, no friend joining, reasonably complex password.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
If they're buying a high number of annis like this, I would think they are a bigger trader and should have some sort of decently high reputation on at least one D2 trading website. You could ask to see their profile and do your best to vet that they've been around for a bit and don't have any Black marks against them already.

Would also probably try and video record the whole transaction, if possible. Not much you can do with it other than let others know to avoid them, but at least it would be something, if they do scam.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
I agree with Necrarch both on it being a pain and on the solution.

Wanted to add: try to be patient with people when you are doing "down payments" like that. It can take forever to pickup 100 charms.
OP
All good and helpful points. Thanks a bunch.

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
Agree with going through a trading website and looking at reputation. I got a little into trading ladder season 2 and did 30+ trades that all required Ground droppings, almost all for
Ber
+ value. I was not scammed a single time, but of course made me nervous. In the end the majority of people are trustworthy, and what I was doing was incredibly profitable so I was willing to accept a scam. Luckily never happened.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...