Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   5664 views

Description

Hello guys,
i've just started playing D2R and i need some help for the start. Would someone be able to rush me?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello guys,
i've just started playing D2R and i need some help for the start. Would someone be able to rush me?
I could, but in like 6 hours, at work rn.
If you play ladder you will likely be able to play through with folks. Not as quick as a rush but can still be fast.
OP
ghostpos wrote: 1 year ago
If you play ladder you will likely be able to play through with folks. Not as quick as a rush but can still be fast.
I am playing ladder but i still prefer the rushing :)
Forgive the unsolicited advice, but If you're truly a new player, it's probably more fun to play without other's help for your first Normal, Nightmare and Hell campaign, IMO. It'll give you a better foundation and understanding of things as well. Jm2c

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
Forgive the unsolicited advice, but If you're truly a new player, it's probably more fun to play without other's help for your first Normal, Nightmare and Hell campaign, IMO. It'll give you a better foundation and understanding of things as well. Jm2c
And he/she will be full of Pride, quite appropriately.
I was going to say something similar. Do whatever you think is best ofc but if you're new to D2, you'll enjoy it more and learn more by doing an untwinked solo play through imo. Hell, I still enjoy that more than a rush, even though I must have done it 30+ times, the game is fun :)

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
i did this and my game time worthed <3
OP
Delacroixs wrote: 1 year ago
i did this and my game time worthed <3
Thank you guys for the friendly advice, but maybe I didn't express myself correctly.
I'm a new player to Diablo 2 Resurrected, but I'm quite an "old dog" at Diablo 2, practically playing for 20 years on and off.

As much as I wish I had the time to play normal, nightmare, hell myself, unfortunately that is not the case. So I wish at least with my first character I get a little help :)
Welcome to D2R!

A little useful tip about leveling I like to remind people about is there is a steep XP penalty for killing monsters higher than your level until you reach Level 25.

Happy hunting!

Burning Hells and burning out since 2004.
1. For quick leveling up, never skip Unique monsters and Champions. Unique monster + his servants give 5x more exp than casual monster of this type and Champions give 3x more exp. Also they can drop unique and set items way more often than casual monsters especially with higher magic find.

2. Magic find is very important. Try to find items with this modifier and wear them, you will increase your chance of finding set/unique items significantly.

3. There's a trick with
Gull
Gull
gives you 100% magic find, but of course it's not that easy to find, since it's unique item. Do this: Play your main character and gather gold. You will need about 1 000 000 or more, depends on your luck. When you get it, make new character and reach it level 5, then go to Rogue Camp. Use shared stash to transfer gold from main character to 5 level character. Go to
Gheed
and go Hazard. Find the
Dagger
. It must be
Dagger
, because its
Gull
base item. Keep buying daggers until you get
Gull
. It will take some time and some gold (1/2000 chance to roll Unique) but it's worth it. It took me over one hour and 800k gold.

Once you get it, swap it to your main character via shared stash, place it on second weapon slot (W button) and voila. You have free 100% magic find. You just need to switch to
Gull
right before killing act bosses or unique monsters. When boss health is under 5% or lower, you switch to
Gull
, kill him and
Gull
magic find is counted to his drop. If you're Amazon or Barbarian and you struggle to finish bosses with
Gull
, use mercenary and
Valkyrie
(if you are Amazon) to finish them off. Your Magic find counts when they kill the enemy.

You can also pair it with shield like cheap Rhyme runeword (
Shael
+
Eld
for 25% Magic find) or set shield called
Milabrega's Orb
(20% Magic find).

4. Collect every gem you find and every rune. You can always trade them for more useful items for you here. Also sets (Tal Rasha's Wrappings, Immortal King, Trang-Oul's Avatar etc) and some uniques (
Kuko Shakaku
Gore Rider
Windforce
Titan's Revenge
Thundergod's Vigor
Snowclash
Andariel's Visage
Ormus' Robes
with viable spell,
The Rising Sun
Stone of Jordan
etc) as well as Grand Charms +1 to skill tree are worth keeping and trading if you dont need these.

I think these are good newbie tips.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...