Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   3009 views

Description

Hello friends,

I recently found the above mentioned item (perfect roll -45%) and I'm wondering why it is priced so high. There are so few magic immune monsters out there that paying 3-4
Jah
just for a hammerdin to kill instead of avoiding it seems pointless. Or maybe I'm very wrong and I don't understand something...

Rare, worthless, makes you die faster... and should be Black. ;)
Description by Vaako

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello friends,

I recently found the above mentioned item (perfect roll -45%) and I'm wondering why it is priced so high. There are so few magic immune monsters out there that paying 3-4
Jah
just for a hammerdin to kill instead of avoiding it seems pointless. Or maybe I'm very wrong and I don't understand something...

Rare, worthless, makes you die faster... and should be Black. ;)
Makes you wish for nuclear winter instead of using it against magic immune enemies, takes up 3 inventory slots while doing so, serpent magi now spear your with their bones much more effectively on top.

Is priced high only because it's the rarest of them all + speculators. Gotta catch'em all?

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
A lot of people do
Baal
runs as hammerdins, being useless in a2 wave slows them down... so even a bad
Black Cleft
can help for that specific example but high prices for such minor differences (-45 is multiple
Jah
, -50 is an
Ist
) is normal, people will pay top runes for marginal increases in power.

Please do not add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting.

I do not accept any rune lower than
Lem
for trades, with the exception of
Ral

Trade: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder & Ladder | UTC-6
I don't understand the point of
Black Cleft
, doesn't it only reduce enemy magic resist to 95%? There's nothing that lowers enemy magic resist so even a GG hammerdin will barely do any damage to sundered enemies.
tatarjj wrote: 1 year ago
[...] so even a GG hammerdin will barely do any damage to sundered enemies.
Well, 5% from a trazillion is still a bazillion. ;)

Can trade on PC and PlayStation.
yeah i guess its better than nothing, and what else are you gonna spend runes on when you got bis everything?

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I tend to think that even for HDin (and same for Bone Necro), the charm space can be better used than to put a
Black Cleft
that takes 3 spaces and endangers you for the few monsters concerned that you can simply kill by many other means (like a good old sword in the middle of their face). But yeah, as of now its use is very blurry.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
I tend to think that even for HDin (and same for Bone Necro), the charm space can be better used than to put a
Black Cleft
that takes 3 spaces and endangers you for the few monsters concerned that you can simply kill by many other means (like a good old sword in the middle of their face). But yeah, as of now its use is very blurry.
It's incredible that the devs don't see how useless it is. Why does every sunder charm have to work exactly the same? The narrow-mindedness is astounding, and the fix is so simple- make
Black Cleft
Cap
enemy magic resistance at something like 50%. Likewise, since there's also no such thing as physical rainbow facets or gear that does minus enemy physical resistance, the physical sunder charm should also
Cap
enemy physical resistance at some moderate value like 50%. Though at least with physical, you can amp damage or
Decrepify
enemies.
Nosgothy wrote: 1 year ago
tatarjj wrote: 1 year ago
[...] so even a GG hammerdin will barely do any damage to sundered enemies.
Well, 5% from a trazillion is still a bazillion. ;)
Trazillion is not a number, and neither is a bazillion. As far as actual numbers go, I haven't played a hammerdin except to level up a smiter or FoHadin (as I find
Blessed Hammer
to be excruciatingly clunky and infuriating to use), but I'm pretty sure real hammerdin hammer damage is something like 20k with gg gear. 5% of 20k is 1k. Your post implies that it's a lot of damage, but 1k per hammer is pathetically weak.
Geez don't be such a buzzkill. I was obviously being sarcastic.

As for the actual answer. It is enough damage to slowly take out wave 2 of
Baal
without having to rely on a merc.

Nosgothy wrote: 1 year ago
Geez don't be such a buzzkill. I was obviously being sarcastic.

As for the actual answer. It is enough damage to slowly take out wave 2 of
Baal
without having to rely on a merc.
To be fair though, your math is off. 5% of a trazillion are actually 50 bazillion, assuming the naming conventions for real numbers apply to made up ones.

For trades: PrincipalO#2775
For DClone/Ubers: ForrestGrump#2731

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Hmm...how many bazillion are in a metric fuckton again?
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
At LEAST tree fiddy!

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
Queegon wrote: 1 year ago
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
At LEAST tree fiddy!
I was gonna say 69, but your guess is obviously as good as mine. ^^

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...