Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   5779 views

Description

What are some good builds for efficient farming of
Travincal
council members with high MF values?

I'm interested in high MF builds with fast clearing times. How high can the MF value be and how short can the battle be?
Description by bubix

Can be used to make Runewords:

What are some good builds for efficient farming of
Travincal
council members with high MF values?

I'm interested in high MF builds with fast clearing times. How high can the MF value be and how short can the battle be?

Nate 527

Switch
The best would be a berzerk/horking barb, should be able to get at least 400 mf, do the runs on p1 (the horks are like p7 drops) over in like 2 mins.

Next best would be a hammerdin, can do p8 in a couple mins, usually around 300-350 mf.

Other builds are possible, but less optimized

Good luck!
OP
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
2 mins

in a couple mins
Are these battle times, namely the time between the player's character engages the council members in the temple and all members die, or the game times, namely the time between two games?
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
do the runs on p1 (the horks are like p7 drops) over in like 2 mins.
I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Nate 527

Switch
I count my game times from the load screen to my save and exit, people claim to have sub-1minute runs, but that’s just the time when they kill their target, I count everything:load screens, sifting through the loot, sorting the stash, identifying things, under 3 mins is good for a trav run.

So when horking it always drops the maximum loot possible, so no matter what players setting your on and horking drops will be equivalent to a p7 drop (or so I’ve been told). This is what makes a barb using
Find Item
so powerful, he can kill things on p1 when they are super weak, but still gets the same loot as someone who made the kill on p7.
OP
I suppose the "2 minutes" and "a couple minutes" above are game times, then. How short can the battle itself be? You mentioned sub-1minute. Is it the best that all builds can do?

Does "p1" mean 1-player, and "p7" mean 7-player? Why does a 7-player game make the drops the maximum loot possible? Why is it not 8-player?

Can those people with GG items do the battle a lot more quickly with a similar level of MF value?
Never had the pleasure of experiencing Trav on P7+, but I do P3 runs on my 99 barb all day, whenever it's a bad
Terror
zone.

Am able to kill council in 15-30 seconds depending on affixes (not counting load times, loot pickup, etc) with my Barb's
Berserk
build, which has around 600% MF and 78%
Find Item
chance (more important than MF, IMO).

I'll try to get a good vid in a bit and post an example + build details, if it helps.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
I've timed myself doing runs with my FOHdin before, it takes about 25ish seconds from load to finish.

Chance Guards
Goldwrap
, Skullder's,
Shako
, and War Travs, double Nagel and Gheeds, around 350 MF.

Max out fire and turn on
Redemption
, don't even need a mercenary if your FOH and
Holy Bolt
are at a high enough level.

That said, I also do a horking Barb, and IMO Barb is the best build for the
Find Item
reasons as stated above. The runs just pump out so much gold and extra stuff.
OP
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
I do P3 runs on my 99 barb all day, whenever it's a bad
Terror
zone.

Am able to kill council in 15-30 seconds
That's impressive. Would love to read your build details.
broletariat wrote: 1 year ago
I've timed myself doing runs with my FOHdin before, it takes about 25ish seconds from load to finish.

... Skullder's
How can you so it so quickly, especially considering you don't even use Enigma? Loading, running from the dock to the way point, inventory/stash management, running from the way point to the temple, battling and item pickup all take time. How long is the battle alone?
bubix wrote: 1 year ago
I do P3 runs on my 99 barb all day, whenever it's a bad
Terror
zone.

Am able to kill council in 15-30 seconds
That's impressive. Would love to read your build details.

... Skullder's
How can you so it so quickly, especially considering you don't even use Enigma? Loading, running from the dock to the way point, inventory/stash management, running from the way point to the temple, battling and item pickup all take time. How long is the battle alone?
Vigor
aura and
Charge
lets you blitz through the area super fast, and Fist of Heavens has tracking
Bolts
, so you just hold down the button until everything dies. I don't pick up everything, only things that stand out to me. Battle is super fast, seconds.

Okay so I retimed it with loading, it's about 30-35ish seconds haha.
OP
That's very impressive.

Fist of Heavens is lightning and magic damages. Can council members be both lightning and magic immune?

Have you tried and push MF?
Here's the vid I promised (build overview at the end):

Expensive build, as A5 merc has 2x Last Wish, but it makes a huge difference for survivability with
Life Tap
being up almost 90% of the time. One quick spin will bring me back up to full HP, and merc nor I have died yet running this build, even with some crazy council affixes. Never have to use potions! Could also get away with 1x Last Wish and Grief or some other support weapon on merc.

I've done a lot of different build testing and theory crafting with
Frenzy
Whirlwind
and
Berserk
, and this
Berserk
+ WW hybrid is by far my favorite. ~600% MF & GF + 78%
Find Item
+ 15-30 second kill speed on P3 (about 10-15 seconds on P1), ZERO Cold Dmg and really good survivability. Hope this helps give you some ideas!

EDIT: Guessing people don't like the Last Wish suggestion (they never do). You can still get away with some life steal + WW, which will heal you, just not instantly like Lifetap.

That's very impressive.

Fist of Heavens is lightning and magic damages. Can council members be both lightning and magic immune?

Have you tried and push MF?
I dunno, I haven't come across a lightning and magic immune
Council Member
yet (and I've done hundreds of trav runs), but that's something my merc can handle I assume.

I just run with the gear I listed above, I don't have much to push it further.

Here's how a basic run goes:

My ww Barb does fine. No BIS gear, 200mf while killing, switching to 400mf for horking.
I would say that there is no such a thing as a constant run time when it comes to Travi. Sometimes (honestly - most of the time) councils spawn with really bad affixes. Sometimes they spawn at a little bit different places. All of this makes hunting more problematic. Blizz sorc with a sunder is a perfect choice imo. Not crazy fast but cheap and lots of mf (500% in my case).
I suppose the "2 minutes" and "a couple minutes" above are game times, then. How short can the battle itself be? You mentioned sub-1minute. Is it the best that all builds can do?

Does "p1" mean 1-player, and "p7" mean 7-player? Why does a 7-player game make the drops the maximum loot possible? Why is it not 8-player?
So, the loot roll mechanics are a little funny.

Every time the player kills an enemy, the game rolls a certain number of loot rolls based on the monster. These loot rolls have a chance to roll NoDrop. If a given monster only rolls 1 time and rolls NoDrop, the monster doesn't drop anything. If the monster rolls 2-3 times, NoDrop has 3 chances to roll, and you can get anywhere between 0-3 items. Ever notice that sometimes bosses drop a pile of stuff and sometimes they drop like, 1 or 2 total items? This is why.

Every odd increase to player count reduces the nodrop chance. p1 is baseline, p3 is next, p5, and then p7. The even numbered player increases only change EXP rewards and difficulty. So, p7 is the lowest nodrop chance possible and therefore gives the most items possible.

Well, when using
Find Item
, on a successful hork, the game skips the nodrop rolls entirely. Thus, every successful hork is giving items equivalent to killing the monster on p7, even if you kill them on p1. This sounds insanely powerful, and it is, but remember that hork has a percent chance to fail itself and tends to softcap between 70-75% hork chance. So, horking everything on p1 is still giving you less loot than killing everything without horking on p7. You make up for this by killing on p1 really really fast.

Travincal
in particular is interesting because most players agree that the most efficient farming there is p3 + hork. Each monster in there can drop up to 3 items, I believe, which is what makes successful horks so strong, and p3 is enough to bring the nodrop down to trivial without interfering with killspeed too much.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
In my experience, trav is not very good for magic finding. I find it to be best for runes, gems, charms, jewelry and facets.

For consistent magic finding, running
Mephisto
has worked best for me. Meph drops so many valuable uniques other than the highly sought after tc87 items.

With all that being said, if you still want to run trav the barbarian works best due to the
Find Item
ability.

M1ck 268

Europe PC
Crushnasty wrote: 1 year ago
In my experience, trav is not very good for magic finding. I find it to be best for runes, gems, charms, jewelry and facets.

For consistent magic finding, running
Mephisto
has worked best for me. Meph drops so many valuable uniques other than the highly sought after tc87 items.

With all that being said, if you still want to run trav the barbarian works best due to the
Find Item
ability.
Sums it up for me too. Andarial is good too for unique rings in my experience.
A lot of people discount MF + Trav because it doesn't drop TC87 gear, but I can't tell you how many amazing uniques I've found from council, and how quickly they drop with high MF.

Just some recent examples that are worth multiple Jahs:

Near perfect
Eth
Reapers, several near perfect Verdungos, couple near perfect Arreat's Faces. And then when Trav is terrorized, holy crap it's like Christmas for me almost every time! Have found a Griffons and several
Crown of Ages
during TZ'ed.

Can get 1-3 uniques per run with ~600% MF + high
Find Item
Andariel
is definitely good too, but the runs can take a bit longer depending on map layout (maybe there's a trick to the maps in that zone that I'm unaware of?).

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Can get 1-3 uniques per run with ~600% MF + high
Find Item
Andariel
is definitely good too, but the runs can take a bit longer depending on map layout (maybe there's a trick to the maps in that zone that I'm unaware of?).
Take a right in lvl 2 from the WP. Lvl 3 is indeed random so could take a while.
Also with a horking barb you don't need to run with merc and that's pretty awesome in itself considering you need a nice setup for merc's not to RIP there.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation