Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   8038 views

Description

I'm assuming with the new ladder season starting tomorrow, and the sunder charms that were introduced in the last ladder season, that the market will be flooded with charms for sale to the NL folks?

I mostly play barb build (WW and/or
Frenzy
), but some necro as well (summoner). Couple of questions regarding the charms:

1) Would
Bone Break
be good for either build?

2) Would
Bone Break
extend to the skeletons/golem/merc?

3) Is there a stat for physical resistance on a character? Is it dependent on your gear? When I play IK WW barb, I do come across PI but use
Berserk
to deal with them, would
Bone Break
eliminate the need for
Berserk
?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I'm assuming with the new ladder season starting tomorrow, and the sunder charms that were introduced in the last ladder season, that the market will be flooded with charms for sale to the NL folks?

I mostly play barb build (WW and/or
Frenzy
), but some necro as well (summoner). Couple of questions regarding the charms:

1) Would
Bone Break
be good for either build?

2) Would
Bone Break
extend to the skeletons/golem/merc?

3) Is there a stat for physical resistance on a character? Is it dependent on your gear? When I play IK WW barb, I do come across PI but use
Berserk
to deal with them, would
Bone Break
eliminate the need for
Berserk
?
For #3, the answer is basically no. Sunder Charms reduce resistance from immune to 95%. For most elemental resistances, there are many sources of -enemy resistance that are used to lower that 95% to more manageable numbers.

However, in terms of physical damage, there's only 2 ways to reduce enemy physical resistance:
Amplify Damage
and
Decrepify
. Neither of these are easily accessible to a barbarian without significant opportunity cost.
Decrepify
is best accessed through
The Reaper's Toll
, which the Barb himself is unlikely to use, and a merc using it can shatter corpses, ruining horks.

As for amplify, your sources are even less reliable, since most of them would require switching from an Act 2 merc and losing his aura.

Well, without being able to reduce enemy resistance, 95% resistance is so high, you might as well use
Berserk
anyway. At which point, why endure the extra damage taken from the charm?

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
Bone Break
for a summon necro-yes very
BB + amp damage means all monsters have negative physical resists. `countering the penalty- many items have DR

Bone Break
for a WW barb-no. one pt
Berserk
+ max
Howl

Bone Break
for a
Frenzy
barb ???
dependsi guess-i use Grief + Lawbringer, so not needed for me

rikus 140

Amazon Americas PC
I don't understand what sunder charms are good for if you can do it already in your low res
Wand
?

speaking of course if you don't have a natural
Lower Resist
on your gear.

without lower res on your gear, sunder charms are pretty much useless(because of lower res
Wand
)?

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
rikus wrote: 1 year ago
I don't understand what sunder charms are good for if you can do it already in your low res
Wand
?

speaking of course if you don't have a natural
Lower Resist
on your gear.

without lower res on your gear, sunder charms are pretty much useless(because of lower res
Wand
)?
Lower Resist
doesn't always break monsters immunity.
Lower Resist
doesn't work with Physical or Magical.
People want CTA as swap weapon, not a lower res
Wand

If you are talking about -XX% To Enemy YY Resistance on gear, it doesn't break monsters immunity.

Relax and have fun!

rikus 140

Amazon Americas PC
Regarding magic and phys. Yes - then that is good for that.

But
If the monster has “unbreakable” immunity with the
Wand
already. Then your damage would be very slow anyhow.
Unless you use it combined with sunder.

The point is that it’s not that amazing unless you have -YY to enemy resistance gear.

If you do. And have a
Wand
it’s very powerful.

But without that your damage is very low. Even with a
Wand

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
That's right. Sunders basically allow you to take advantage of -res gear in a way that you previously couldn't.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
Winterkill wrote: 1 year ago
However, in terms of physical damage, there's only 2 ways to reduce enemy physical resistance:
Amplify Damage
and
Decrepify
. Neither of these are easily accessible to a barbarian without significant opportunity cost.
Decrepify
is best accessed through
The Reaper's Toll
, which the Barb himself is unlikely to use, and a merc using it can shatter corpses, ruining horks.

As for amplify, your sources are even less reliable, since most of them would require switching from an Act 2 merc and losing his aura.

Well, without being able to reduce enemy resistance, 95% resistance is so high, you might as well use
Berserk
anyway. At which point, why endure the extra damage taken from the charm?
There is a third skill,
Grim Ward
, available for barbarian. Fully synergized by
Find Potion
it reduces physical res by 120%, even more than
Amplify Damage
. It requires a corpse, though, and also scares the monsters away, which is annoying for melee builds.

Schnorki 3220Moderator

PC
Bone Break
is a bit better than it sounds by itself as most mobs on hell start with 30-50 phys res to begin with. So the 5%
Bone Break
gives you on immunes is really closer to 10% relatively speaking.

It isn't great and on a barb, I for one wouldn't use it. But I do for example have one for my bowzon (sufficient to replace
Magic Arrow
) and my pally (perfectly sufficient for PI uber adds).

As for the availability, it should be even more than that. You get all of the ladder ones coming in (at likely massively inflated day 1 prices) but you also have them now dropping on NL per the final patch notes so you will find new ones, taking pricing down again over time.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...