Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
36 replies   2256 views

What's your take?

Poll ended at 1 year ago

Too easy - Figured it out right away. (12%)
Just right - Took some thinking but I believe I know the correct answer. (56%)
Too hard - I don't even know where to start. (32%)
This is just an all around dumb idea. (0%)
No votes
Total votes: 25
Total votes: 25

Description

Description by Schnorki

Can be used to make Runewords:

Necrarch 1674Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
GG everyone and well done Schnorki !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
PrincipalOShagH wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks for the hunt! Guess 10 of the 13 responders that thought they had it were too busy :D
I second the thanks for the hunt and have to admit that I was one of those who thought I had the right solution. However, I knew that I would not have time to actually participate in the hunt for the prize. I now also realize that I did not actually know the correct answer (I was thinking Imperius).

In my trades I'm looking for
Perfect Gems
Ral
or Runes beginning at
Lem
Just as well I didn't join. I never would have looked there... well done.
OP

Schnorki 3220Moderator

PC
Never say never.

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
Thanks again. Generous and great idea. I have always loved a good scavenger hunt.
Just curious @schnorki, (if you're willing to divulge) was your hiding spot also hinted at in the riddle? That was the first place I would have checked if I had played.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
Took me longer to find than I would like to admit. One of the first places I checked was Arcane, going back through the portal into the palace, and
The Summoner
. But I forgot to check which symbol was missing so I dropped that route and moved on.

Necrarch 1674Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
So
Tal Rasha
's Prison ? Smart one !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

Schnorki 3220Moderator

PC
cristobal03 wrote: 1 year ago
Just curious @schnorki, (if you're willing to divulge) was your hiding spot also hinted at in the riddle? That was the first place I would have checked if I had played.
It was not.
I guess one could've read the "somewhere with fire/lava" into the fact that I took the initial picture next to a torch but that'd be pure coincidence.
No intentional hints for the hiding spot.
Quite the opposite actually, I thought I was being clever and covering my tracks by leaving
Duriel
alive and moving through in a way that left him in his normal position, rather than follow me in.

Or..well..there was one hint given in-game though I'm not sure anyone got that one. Something along the lines of "something tells me one of you is closing in" as even with everything completed, someone moving through act 2 still triggers the sun to go dark and quest log to light up as they progress through
Lost City
. Such indicators are not true for many places.

Originally, I was debating one of the A5 red portals but I believe zZorc would've ended the whole thing before anyone else had even joined if I'd done that. :P

moot11 117

Americas PC
Sadly 3am was not a good time for me to join. I think the word 'fool' was the biggest hint to me in solving the riddle.
Would have been fun to play, but I would never have looked down there!
Not that I needed the loot either, hope the winners put it to good use.

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
Your comment back about the red portal made me check arcane. But that is purple. That is when I should have found you. A mere few minutes in :).

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
moot11 wrote: 1 year ago
Sadly 3am was not a good time for me to join. I think the word 'fool' was the biggest hint to me in solving the riddle.
Would have been fun to play, but I would never have looked down there!
Not that I needed the loot either, hope the winners put it to good use.
Iā€™ll be wearing it. Wouldnā€™t trade a trophy.

Nate 542

Switch
Excellent game and well done!

I was thinking either
Izual
or
Tyrael
, the ā€œhighest if the threeā€ confused me a bit, the Diablo 3 Lore sucked me in there and I felt like it was
Tyrael
in the end.

Canā€™t wait for your next riddle!
Congrats to the winners. I voted when this thread was first created, but I'm non-ladder, so I was just giving the poll some activity.

Izual
was pretty obvious to me once Schnorki mentioned "the fool" because that's the first thing
Izual
says about
Tyrael
after you kill him.

As for hiding spots, I had somewhere more obscure in mind if I were the one hiding, but that's for others to consider if someone plans to do another one of these in the future.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
cristobal03 wrote: 1 year ago
It was not.
I guess one could've read the "somewhere with fire/lava" into the fact that I took the initial picture next to a torch but that'd be pure coincidence.
No intentional hints for the hiding spot.
Quite the opposite actually, I thought I was being clever and covering my tracks by leaving
Duriel
alive and moving through in a way that left him in his normal position, rather than follow me in.

Or..well..there was one hint given in-game though I'm not sure anyone got that one. Something along the lines of "something tells me one of you is closing in" as even with everything completed, someone moving through act 2 still triggers the sun to go dark and quest log to light up as they progress through
Lost City
. Such indicators are not true for many places.

Originally, I was debating one of the A5 red portals but I believe zZorc would've ended the whole thing before anyone else had even joined if I'd done that. :P
Something about the riddle made me think of
Tal Rasha's Chamber
, maybe since that's the first time we hear "fool" prominently (in the A2 cinematic), and also the first real plot introduction to the soulstones. Maybe it was subliminal?

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
OP

Schnorki 3220Moderator

PC
Coincidental.

One may find links in nearly everything when looking for them.

Ravoc 123

PC
Good stuff!

I was honestly expecting some obscure corner in
Durance of Hate Level 2
; everyone hates that place... :D

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...